Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2017, 11:50   #586
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
If testing is complete for 1.2 turbo. Do they have any plan of launching Tiago Sport with this engine? There was rumor some time back on shelving Bolt Sport and launching Tiago Sport.
Well, testing complete for the Nexon. They still have to test it on the Tiago (if they plan to launch it) and that takes its own time. And then, the homologation testing and certification takes time too.

Engine transplantation is not that easy as it might sound. It is quite a complicated, time & resource consuming task.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 12:04   #587
BHPian

I understand that whole process will take a bit of time, but is it being considered or not.
(My hunt for a small and cheap [relatively] turbo petrol will go on"

With Tiago, Hexa launched and Tigor, Nexon testing almost completed what is on their plate?
Time for some genuine special editions, before new Suvs and mid size hatchback launch in couple of years.
Old 28th February 2017, 12:53   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
A friend of mine who knows someone in Tata Motors informed me that the launch of Nexon will happen around mid 2018

I somehow hope this proves to be wrong. Does anyone have some concrete info on launch date to negate this ?

I am planning to buy a diesel automatic around 10 lakh, and the options available now are Ameo, Zest, Dzire, TUV.

With no Brezza AMT in sight, Nexon was a great option in terms of design, engine and interiors.
We are in same boat my friend. I'm desperately waiting for Nexon launch as none of the current cars (except TUV) satisfy my requirements which are as below.

1) On road price - 11 L or below
2) Type - Compact SUV
3) Fuel - Diesel
4) Transmission - Automatic
5) Interior quality should be excellent

Test drove TUV and found it to be very good except boxy looks.
Ford_d_Kool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 14:54   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
We are in same boat my friend. I'm desperately waiting for Nexon launch as none of the current cars (except TUV) satisfy my requirements which are as below.

1) On road price - 11 L or below
2) Type - Compact SUV
3) Fuel - Diesel
4) Transmission - Automatic
5) Interior quality should be excellent

Test drove TUV and found it to be very good except boxy looks.
Your wishlist is a replica of mine

I have also checked with Maruti authorized dealers last month, but the sales manager said that no product training for Brezza AMT has been communicated to them. He said generally 3 months prior to launch the product training is organized for sales teams.
Which clearly means even Brezza AMT might launch around Diwali 2017 at the earliest, if at all, or even later.....
Transporter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 16:48   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Your wishlist is a replica of mine

I have also checked with Maruti authorized dealers last month, but the sales manager said that no product training for Brezza AMT has been communicated to them. He said generally 3 months prior to launch the product training is organized for sales teams.
Which clearly means even Brezza AMT might launch around Diwali 2017 at the earliest, if at all, or even later.....
The problem with MS is they don't offer AMT with top end version of the car so you end up loosing so many good features for the sake of an AMT gearbox. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Nexon launch.
Old 1st March 2017, 12:27   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
The problem with MS is they don't offer AMT with top end version of the car so you end up loosing so many good features for the sake of an AMT gearbox. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Nexon launch.
Yes, fingers crossed for an early launch.
Looking at the past strategy of Tata Motors, Nexon will most likely be made available with AMT in top variant. The only mystery is whether it will happen at launch or later.

They have Zest AMT in XT variant, upcoming Tiago AMT in top XZ variant.
Let us hope same trend carries on with Tigor and Nexon
Transporter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 16:34   #592
BHPian

Tata's compact SUV, the Nexon

Is there any indication whether the Nexon will have Bi-Xenon headlamps or the regular projector setup? I ask this since there are reports that Tigor will have a bi-xenon setup and if it is offered it Tigor, I just hope the same is offered in Nexon as well. Along with that just hope that the ICE supports Apple CarPlay too. These two requirements, if fulfilled will be icing on the cake along with that beautiful interior!

Apart from that just waiting for the launch of the car, having delayed my car purchase for a long time due to this car! Have the top spec diesel in my sight.
Let's see how long the folks at TATA keep us waiting .

Last edited by akhil994 : 1st March 2017 at 16:36.
Old 2nd March 2017, 12:01   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

A nearly undisguised pic of the front of the production-ready Tata Nexon, courtesy YourCoimbatore.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_165334.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:22   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Test mule captured on the streets by Binil Varghese for Motoroids.

Quote:
Powering the Nexon compact SUV would be a 1.5-litre diesel engine while a new petrol engine from the company’s Revotron family would also be available.
The diesel motor is likely to produce 108 bhp and 260 Nm of torque. Transmission options would include a six speed manual transmission while an AMT could also be offered as an option.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspiedtesting3.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspiedtesting1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspiedtesting2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 23:18   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A nearly undisguised pic of the front of the production-ready Tata Nexon, courtesy YourCoimbatore.

Looking at the Rapid behind the Nexon, we get a nice idea of the commanding on road presence that Nexon will have. It actually looks quite imposing
Old 3rd March 2017, 06:47   #596
BHPian

I think, its the height, GC and the elevated stands give the impression of road presence. I sincerely hope, this doesn't look like other "hatches on steroids" ! I am fed up of calling any fat hatch as "compact SUV"
I would like to compare this with Swift side by side, not per say the numbers please.

Prem.
Old 5th March 2017, 18:06   #597
Senior - BHPian

Is the new reworked 1.2L Petrol engine a 3 cylinder or 4 cylinder one ? Also aluminium or iron block ?
Old 7th March 2017, 13:55   #598
BHPian

Nexon revealed in Geneva Auto Show.
Attached Images

prasathlr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:10   #599
BHPian

Nexon displayed at Geneva Auto Show.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexon_827x510_41488874660.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexon_827x510_51488874372.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexon_827x510_81488874296.jpg  

prasathlr is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 16:20   #600
Senior - BHPian

That is one seriously good-looking car; and that is before even considering that it is a Tata! The wheels and tyres look a bit 'ambitious' and I guess, will be watered down by the time it hits showrooms.

I really like TML's new design direction, under Mr. Bose's leadership; and I hope they maintain their focus on QC, carrying on from the Hexa. May be one day, people will start buying Tata cars because they are 'desirable', and not only because they are good VFM.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks