Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 11:36   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

TAI member Autospy spotted a couple of Nexon test mules yesterday, capturing the Nexon equipped with it's 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system for the very first time on camera.

Quote:
Yesterday spotted two Nexons with there 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment systems.
one was top end and one was basic model, judging by Alloy and non alloy wheels. I think so this is first time nexon spotted with its touch screen infotainment system.
Overall it was looking nice and premium.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170103172548.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170103172553.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 17:45   #482
BHPian

Hey folks, I am one among those whose who are waiting madly for the launch of Nexon. Last Saturday I spotted a Nexon test mule camouflaged as usual on chennai - Trichy NH45. That seem to be an old once as it was not clean on the outside. I was watching it 360 degrees and followed that for atleast 5 min. Windows were lowered for some 4 inches and was cruising slowly at around 80 to 90 kmph. Did not notice the sound as we had our car windows raised fully.

Personal observations :

- Huge ground clearance.
- Looks like a small body raised high due to huge ground clearance.
- Body not so tall like Ecosport but definitely wider than that.

Waiting madly for the launch

Her are couple of shots that we took (Took by my wife as I was driving)
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170104wa0011.jpg  

satish_tns is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 18:34   #483
BHPian

I saw the test mule in Pune near Swargate on 31st Dec evening, I was in traffic with only my daughter in her child seat so couldn't snap any pictures. One thing to add that it has amazing road presence and looks really butch. Perhaps the pictures are not doing justice to this aspect.

It surely feels a worthy competitor to Ecosport; I am refraining from saying Brezza as Maruti products always seem to be playing with God-mode on!
Old 4th January 2017, 22:12   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The birdies are tweeting!

On the Nexon:

Nexon's final testing continues. Has come out as really powerful and filled with latest tech and gizmos.
Vendors have been sent communiques to send localised parts over to Sanand plant. Should start arriving from next month-end onwards.
Launch by September 2017.
Cross quoting Avi from Kite 5 thread.

September 2017, any idea why till September 2017? Its been a long wait for Nexon already.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 22:52   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Cross quoting Avi from Kite 5 thread.

September 2017, any idea why till September 2017? Its been a long wait for Nexon already.
One reason could be that the newly developed, in-house 1.5L diesel is seeing extensive testing and re-testing.

Tata has been shipping beta prototypes of the Nexon SUV to Sweden, Italy, the USA, the UK and China for further testing and fine-tuning all through 2016, the last of which was re-imported back in October 2016. So, it's possible that domestic testing and fine-tuning is still going on.

One good indication from the latest information is that parts vendors have been issued communiques for dispatching parts related to this compact Tata SUV. It's possible that they will start assembling the media drive cars from the beginning of April, hold the media drive sometime in June-July, and then launch the Nexon shortly afterwards.

It all builds up to a September 2017 launch.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th January 2017 at 08:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 01:46   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
TAI member Autospy spotted a couple of Nexon test mules yesterday, capturing the Nexon equipped with it's 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system for the very first time on camera.
Is it me or does it look like the white ceramic strip running across the rear as seen in Auto Expo is changed to a slight silver one?

And the white ceramic strip running across the belt line below the windows is replaced with a black one.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 09:24   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Is it me or does it look like the white ceramic strip running across the rear as seen in Auto Expo is changed to a slight silver one?

And the white ceramic strip running across the belt line below the windows is replaced with a black one.
Going by the steel wheels, its probably the entry level version. Looks like the rear ceramic strip is changed to body color. The belt line strip will probably be chrome in the production versions. This will definitely tone down the edgy design.

My guess is they will offer the ceramic strips and the dual tone paint scheme in the premium/personalized versions.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 5th January 2017 at 09:28.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 10:08   #488
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Last Saturday I spotted a Nexon test mule camouflaged as usual on chennai - Trichy NH45. That seem to be an old once as it was not clean on the outside.
This doesn't seem to be Nexon. The TN registration, tail lamp detailing, tailgate lines etc points to this, imo. A hyundai or renault?
Old 5th January 2017, 10:33   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This doesn't seem to be Nexon. The TN registration, tail lamp detailing, tailgate lines etc points to this, imo. A hyundai or renault?
Looks like the Tivoli to me. Mahindra has an R&D center in Chennai, so it could be the Tivoli or a Tivoli derived Mahindra car.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:07   #490
BHPian

Tata has arrived late to the party, however while doing so, its Tony Stark-esque late, saying to the competitors flamboyantly, "am I late to the party?"

With those gizmos and chic styling and design this will distinguish itself from the likes of Brezza and Ecosport. I just pray the A-$-$ doesn't spoil it.

Quote:
Yeah, believe it or not, it's Tata.
Nexon will be a milestone for Tata's design philosophy.

To be objective, look at the design and geometry of the tailgate glass portion. The difference is just the wiper. Moreover, look at the antenna and rear-fog(red one) lamp on the lower-middle of the bumper. Apart from all that, the camo is deceiving, the concave curves on the tailgate are thoughtfully hidden. The tail-lamps are same. What else? yeah, look at the rear spoiler, its exactly the same.

It is a Nexon.

Last edited by shree_shell : 5th January 2017 at 11:09. Reason: proof-read
shree_shell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 11:10   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Looks like the Tivoli to me. Mahindra has an R&D center in Chennai, so it could be the Tivoli or a Tivoli derived Mahindra car.
That does seem like the Nexon only. The boot of the Nexon, with its beefed up design and the unique rear glass, give it away.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:11   #492
BHPian

Quote:
It sure looks like Nexon, though heavily camouflaged and with make-shift tail lamps.

The ellipsoidal dent for Tata logo, the glass area shape and the tail gate shape make it certain that it's a Nexon.

If it's not then it's a blatant copy of the design.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:20   #493
Senior - BHPian

Maybe discussed earlier but I am curious to know how the boot lid operation works ? There is a handle which is quite low placed as per the pic posted by Ravenavi. Is the boot section 2 piece by any chance ?

Last edited by narayan : 5th January 2017 at 11:26.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:21   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
It is a pre-production test mule of the Nexon, with makeshift tail lamps protruding out. You can see the real ones flush on the body, where the camouflage has been torn off.

These mules are still testing out the 1.5L diesel in different states of tune, IMO.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspiedupclose3.jpg
(Source)
Old 5th January 2017, 11:24   #495
Senior - BHPian

From this picture, shared above by RavenAvi, the Nexon looks as tall as the previous gen Innova. So my guess, it's going to be pretty imposing in stature. Might be my next vehicle depending on whether I choose to have a second car (in case wife wants to start driving). The Vista is still going strong at 101K kms.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

Last edited by discoverwild : 5th January 2017 at 11:41.
discoverwild is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks