Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2016, 23:20   #271
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

I was at Concorde Motors last month and heard from one of the very senior sales guy that Nexon is expected to be launched in July 2016 itself. Not sure how far this is true. TML had promised to launch 2 vehicles every year we have already seen Tiago this year, so the next one is more ideally Nexon. Kite 5 will come bit late to give space for Tiago to get traction.
Pardus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 23:31   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
I was at Concorde Motors last month and heard from one of the very senior sales guy that Nexon is expected to be launched in July 2016 itself. Not sure how far this is true. TML had promised to launch 2 vehicles every year we have already seen Tiago this year, so the next one is more ideally Nexon. Kite 5 will come bit late to give space for Tiago to get traction.
Given the current delivery constraints with Tiago, I would take that with a pinch of salt. July is almost here. There should have been some spottings at the dealerships. But all we have seen till now are the test mules. Logically speaking, Kite5 launch during the festive season makes more sense, followed later by the Nexon launch the following year (2017).

... or maybe, they are planning a Tiago-esque launch again - 6 months between unveil/media drives and final launch.
Old 9th June 2016, 09:46   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Highly unlikely. If that were the case, they would have been organizing training events for service and sales personel already. The Nexon will undergo a lot more testing as it is a brand new car from the ground up. Expect the Hexa to be the next launch from Tata this year. Nexon will only come in early 2017.
Old 9th June 2016, 14:56   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Being a Tata car owner myself, I was invited to the Tiago launch. However, I told my Sales executive that I was more interested in the Nexon. To this , he replied that display models of the Nexon "might" be available by end-September ....even then, he had no idea if this was concrete news. So its anybody's guess at the moment.
Old 9th June 2016, 18:34   #275
BHPian

Just went through the AutoCar link. This car looks seriously good. Looks top-notch in and out. IMO, this looks way more "balanced" and gorgeous than any of its competitors.

I have been planning to shift to an automatic soon, and was looking at City/Vento automatics, but by the looks of the Nexon, I might as well end up waiting until it is released.
Old 9th June 2016, 18:40   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon spied with projector headlamps.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspied2810x541.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspiedwithprojectorheadlamps.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspied5.jpg

http://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-s...-12198482.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th June 2016 at 18:42.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 18:43   #277
BHPian

I highly doubt Nexon is coming anytime soon. I am guessing it would be Hexa, Kite 5 and then Nexon.

Meanwhile, I had one of the most awesome days in Pune!! Spotted Hexa, Kite5 and all myriad of Tata prototypes. The icing on cake however has to be the Nexon!

That top end model in blue is totally drool-worthy! The good part was that it doesn't look all that flashy as it does in the pictures. The roof is much darker shade of grey than what appears to be in images. I personally felt that flashiness level is same as that of dual tone Brezza and in fact less than that dual tone Brezza with graphics and all.

What was a bit underwhelming though is that it is quite compact. Certainly not a SUV or anything. I hate admitting but it felt like a hatch on steroids, more of a lifestyle vehicle.

Oh and whatever engine there was on the inside, it was quite silent and refined for a diesel or very unrefined if it was a petrol!!

P.S: Sorry for no pics, I wasn't able to click any.
ksameer1234 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 19:24   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
What was a bit underwhelming though is that it is quite compact. Certainly not a SUV or anything. I hate admitting but it felt like a hatch on steroids, more of a lifestyle vehicle.
After looking at the above camouflaged pics, i am worrying whether it can provide any differentiation from other TATA products. For me, it is exactly looking like a Jacked up Bolt.
How far it can withstand the Brezza storm, is my doubt, unless it is priced very competitively. The blue colored vehicle which was shown in the auto expo is just a prototype or what ?
Old 9th June 2016, 19:30   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post
The blue colored vehicle which was shown in the auto expo is just a prototype or what ?
Here you go, on page 15 of this very thread: ACI's first look at the Nexon.

Very different from the Bolt, specially the rear and the side profile. Interiors are quite upmarket as well.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 21:18   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon not coming before mid-2017, according to MotorOctane's sources.

Quote:
Most of the testing for the diesel engine is done, however the 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine is still undergoing major testing and there is some more time for it to be launched. This compact SUV was showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 is an almost ready SUV but the final set of testing will be done by 2017.

We expect the Nexon to make it into India by mid 2017. Tata Motors will be looking at getting the Nexon by mid 2017 as that is the time by which it will complete its testing and dealer training.
Coincidentally, this was also confirmed by OnCars (Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016) a few days back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
this will be Tata Motors' timeline regarding future launches:

Hexa (July 2016)
Kite 5 (Diwali 2016)
Nexon (Q1 2017)
Pelican (late 2017)
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 17:31   #281
BHPian

Quote:
The Nexon looks more hatchback than SUV, the sloping roof line combined with the high boot section, give the Nexon a very coupe like look.
I hate to admit this but when seen side-by-side, there is simply no difference in proportions of Nexon and say Manza, from front three quarters. I thought I had spotted Tiago / Kite 5 when seen from front. It was only when I saw the rear that I could confirm it was indeed Nexon.

Nexon is a hatch on steroids with a bit higher ground clearance and larger wheels.

I hope Tata markets Nexon well because this is more of a lifestyle vehicle and trying to call it a SUV, Tata will only be shooting themselves in foot.

Link to Article
ksameer1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 08:02   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nexon is a hatch on steroids with a bit higher ground clearance and larger wheels.

I hope Tata markets Nexon well because this is more of a lifestyle vehicle and trying to call it a SUV, Tata will only be shooting themselves in foot.
Pray tell me what the Ecosport, Brezza, Creta, KUV100 are, besides being overgrown hatchbacks? None of these are SUVs, yet claim to be one. That's what the crossover is all about.
discoverwild is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 09:23   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Pray tell me what the Ecosport, Brezza, Creta, KUV100 are, besides being overgrown hatchbacks?
Yes I do agree with you. Other brands are blessed to call any vehicle as SUV. But not TATA. TATA has to be more careful while calling a car as car.
Because this is how our mass market thinks.
Old 12th June 2016, 09:42   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post
Yes I do agree with you. Other brands are blessed to call any vehicle as SUV. But not TATA. TATA has to be more careful while calling a car as car.
Because this is how our mass market thinks.
Unfortunately, whatever Tata does or doesn't do, people will always find something to crib about. That's how our country works, it's all about herd mentality and peer pressure.

Hopefully, the Tiago has set the ball rolling and even here on the forum, we have seen plenty of positive feedback. This could be the change that Tata needs.

A long way to go, indeed.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 11:35   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hate to admit this but when seen side-by-side, there is simply no difference in proportions of Nexon and say Manza, from front three quarters.

I don't think so. The car is quite different from Manza and is very refreshing.

I agree that they should market it carefully. Mahindra can get away by calling a mini hatch KUV an SUV but people will be after Tara's life even if they call HEXA a SUV.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks