Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2016, 08:53   #196
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyk2010 View Post
I think we consumers should look at this from a rather neutral stand point- don't look at it as a SUV, crossover or grownup hatch. See it as a spacious "car" in the range of 6-9L (expected), without any bias for its 'genre' (if you will).
PS: One look at the interiors (from Autocar's AutoExpo 2016 video) and I was floored.
You couldn't have better summarized, I have seen Nissan and a few other similar vehicles and they don't look odd as some of the folks mentioned. It appears that Tata isn't compromising on any features or the build quality. Looking forward to the report on the engines and tranny.
Old 16th April 2016, 09:15   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
You couldn't have better summarized, I have seen Nissan and a few other similar vehicles and they don't look odd as some of the folks mentioned. It appears that Tata isn't compromising on any features or the build quality. Looking forward to the report on the engines and tranny.
Thank you. The only rather doubtful aspect seems the petrol motor (which I would go for).
A turbo 1.2 sounds promising, but seeing the small Tiago weigh so much, the Nexon will cross the 1.5 ton mark & hence this powertrain might be dicey. The 6-speed might work wonders here.
IMHO, even if it turns out pricier than the then-best-selling Brezza, it is a more VFM product, disregarding the TATA brand image momentarily (which should also grow strong now).
Theoretically, it is better than the Ecosport and Brezza in terms of space, modernity and cabin class. The boot figures aren't out yet, but from Autocar's video, it seemed ~400L !!
I reiterate:- I'm just amazed by the interiors!! Kudos TATA !!

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th April 2016 at 09:31. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
hardyk2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 11:01   #198
BHPian

IMO the delay may primarily be due to the fact that the 1.2 Revotron may not be giving the expected mileage figures to compete with the Ecosport and Brezza.

Even on the Bolt and Zest, the 1.2 Revotron engine's rated mileage are significantly lower than the competiton.

Being a turnaround car for Tata Motors, I guess they will leave no stone upturned on any front.

I am really looking forward to the launch
Old 20th April 2016, 14:32   #199
BANNED

Read on indian auto blog that Nexon is coming up with 6 speed AMT. This would be the second vehicle to have 6 speed AMT after Duster.

They have also mentioned that the launch is sometime in H1 2017. In the worse case it's around 14 months from now.
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:26   #200
BHPian

Nexon spotted in parking lot along with Kite Sedan and Zest.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspyshot1768x576.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonandkite5spyshot.jpg

Source
mrbaddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:29   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Nexon spotted in parking lot along with Kite Sedan and Zest.

Source
Have two questions based on the pic.

1. What is with the camouflaged Zest ? Is it getting a facelift ?

2. On your second pic, the Nexon parked next to the Kite 5 looks almost on the same lines in terms of the height. Are we talking about a short mini SUV here. I thought Nexon was as tall as the ecosport/brezza etc.
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:56   #202
Senior - BHPian

May be the Zest is being tested for the new 1.5L Diesel engine? I believe the new engine will make it to the Zest and the Bolt in future.
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:13   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Have two questions based on the pic.

2. On your second pic, the Nexon parked next to the Kite 5 looks almost on the same lines in terms of the height. Are we talking about a short mini SUV here. I thought Nexon was as tall as the ecosport/brezza etc.
Guess its the angle of the picture. in the 1st picture you can see its a tad taller than the Kite.

Bugs.
bhagathmp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:24   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyk2010 View Post
I think we consumers should look at this from a rather neutral stand point- don't look at it as a SUV, crossover or grownup hatch. See it as a spacious "car" in the range of 6-9L (expected), without any bias for its 'genre' (if you will).
PS: One look at the interiors (from Autocar's AutoExpo 2016 video) and I was floored.
Agree completely but in that case, Tata Motors need to price it alongside the Jazz/I20 and not in the Brezza/Ecosport range.
If they are able to do that, then it makes a strong case for itself.
A slightly more squarish design would have made this way more butch looking and helped it market as 'SUV'.
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:58   #205
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Agree completely but in that case, Tata Motors need to price it alongside the Jazz/I20 and not in the Brezza/Ecosport range.
A slightly more squarish design would have made this way more butch looking and helped it market as 'SUV'.
In terms of external size, it most probably would be something like Avventura. Maybe a bit wider and better packaging for better interior space
Old 23rd April 2016, 07:49   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The kind of cabin space and visual appeal it is set to portray (with those 16 inch wheels promised by Mr Bose, designer for the vehicle) , it surely is deemed to be positioned as a SUV; hence should be comparable to the Ecosport/Brezza. I don't see any surprises there.

IMO, the rounded & curvy looks are looking good, especially since the other crop of sub10-lac SUVs look squared & chiseled (TUV, Brezza, Ecosport to some extent)
hardyk2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 16:55   #207
BHPian

Great scoop !

That PS job posted a few pages earlier was nice but IMHO the Nexon looks awesome as it is.
The lines between segments and body types are quite blurred when it comes to the Indian market. From A B C D - we now have A, A+, B, B+ and so on. SUV, Compact SUV, Crossover, Compact Sedan ... Phew.

I think it's time we just look at things objectively as consumers and make a decision which goes something like this...
- AT X lakh rupees I get a metal sculpture with XYZ creature comforts, 1.X type of engine 4 or 5 seater.
And then you decide what exactly you want to do with it - just go to office and long drives on weekends, or visit your second family home which far away with poor roads, or take your 'WHOLE' family on long trips, or need an automatic for the city .... Set the priorities straight and choose the VEHICLE that seems the BEST fit to your 'needs' and some of your wants.
Infact the 'mobile discussion thread' on this forum has some amazing examples of specific queries - needs v/s wants.
Going too OT here, but the tone of negativity with every new Tata launch somehow always creeps into threads. No matter how hard they try.

NEXON - seems wonderful AS IT IS. The floating dashboard, the cubby holes, the straight bits lifted from JLR, the glove box button ... overall the commitment to deliver something NEW and better!

The Tiago is a fantastic effort, despite all initial launch fiascos and hiccups. The name does roll well off the tongue now. Absolutely LOVING NEXON.
Can replace my Manza next year and push away my dream Safari for another few years.
One important thing changing in TATA cars these days (not good) is the unwelcome 5th occupant. This was one great USP of TATA cars. I am not saying space is in short supply, still trumps others on legroom, shoulder room. But in bolstering the seats for additional comfort the 5th occupant is being ignored. & that transmission hump - which I guess won't change as long as the platform remains the same.

ZEST in camouflage - AGAIN? What is TATA upto now? Busy busy busy. Good.

Like everyone has already said it ... LAUNCH IT SOON !

Last edited by Dr.Suraj : 24th April 2016 at 16:56.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 00:28   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Great scoop !

That PS job posted a few pages earlier was nice but IMHO the Nexon looks awesome as it is.
The lines between segments and body types are quite blurred when it comes to the Indian market. From A B C D - we now have A, A+, B, B+ and so on. SUV, Compact SUV, Crossover, Compact Sedan ... Phew.

I think it's time we just look at things objectively as consumers and make a decision which goes something like this...
- AT X lakh rupees I get a metal sculpture with XYZ creature comforts, 1.X type of engine 4 or 5 seater.
And then you decide what exactly you want to do with it - just go to office and long drives on weekends, or visit your second family home which far away with poor roads, or take your 'WHOLE' family on long trips, or need an automatic for the city .... Set the priorities straight and choose the VEHICLE that seems the BEST fit to your 'needs' and some of your wants.
Infact the 'mobile discussion thread' on this forum has some amazing examples of specific queries - needs v/s wants.
Going too OT here, but the tone of negativity with every new Tata launch somehow always creeps into threads. No matter how hard they try.

NEXON - seems wonderful AS IT IS. The floating dashboard, the cubby holes, the straight bits lifted from JLR, the glove box button ... overall the commitment to deliver something NEW and better!

The Tiago is a fantastic effort, despite all initial launch fiascos and hiccups. The name does roll well off the tongue now. Absolutely LOVING NEXON.
Can replace my Manza next year and push away my dream Safari for another few years.
One important thing changing in TATA cars these days (not good) is the unwelcome 5th occupant. This was one great USP of TATA cars. I am not saying space is in short supply, still trumps others on legroom, shoulder room. But in bolstering the seats for additional comfort the 5th occupant is being ignored. & that transmission hump - which I guess won't change as long as the platform remains the same.

ZEST in camouflage - AGAIN? What is TATA upto now? Busy busy busy. Good.

Like everyone has already said it ... LAUNCH IT SOON !
^exactly my point. I simply adored the Manza, but had to settle for the sub-4m Dzire due to space restrictions in the society and also was worried due to TATA niggles. The brochure got me hooked to the Manza like "S-class like rear seat recline angle"

In short, TATA has a USP of spacious cars, and that seems true for the Nexon as well. The Tiago too is wider than its competition.
Seating the 5th passenger in "absolute comfort" is a very rare thing. And we Indians would wanna fit a 6th if all 5 are reasonably comfortable.
Our jugaad seating knows no bounds.
After having owned the Dzire with the cramped rear, I literally look at the spec sheet of every new sub-10 lac car announced to see how good does the rear get in terms of width, headroom and legroom as it pains me to see my family/friends have to literally cringe into the rear bench of my Dzire.

That's why I look forward to the Nexon. If the drivetrain is reasonably adequate, it might just be my next car! And yeah, I say "car" and not SUV because it's basically just a hatch on steroids, but it works!!!
Old 26th April 2016, 10:04   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
One important thing changing in TATA cars these days (not good) is the unwelcome 5th occupant
What are you saying man? In my father's Zest, we 6 have travelled for about 200km, though it was only once.
Ge drove, my mother occupied the front passenger seat. I, my wife and my two elder sisters were joyfully comfortable in the rear seat. I am 6' 1", the only tall person in the family, but still.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 10:21   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
What are you saying man? In my father's Zest, we 6 have travelled for about 200km, though it was only once.
Ge drove, my mother occupied the front passenger seat. I, my wife and my two elder sisters were joyfully comfortable in the rear seat. I am 6' 1", the only tall person in the family, but still.
+1 to that.
Recently I had to accomodate an extra person in my Zest for an emergency trip - three adults & two 6-year old kids could squeeze in the rear seat

I've tried out the Tiago as well - rear seat seems best suited for 2 adults + 1 kid. And the transmission hump is too tall to my liking in Tiago
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks