Team-BHP - The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171770-mahindra-xuv300-aka-ssangyong-tivoli-edit-launched-7-9-lakhs-16.html)

Mahindra TUV300 aka S201 spied in detail. Demo car spotted. Leg room of front and rear revealed. Six speed MT confirmed. clap:

Source

Mahindra S201 teaser:

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-mahindra-s201-teaser.png

Image via Mahindra Automotive on Facebook

We have a fair idea as to the powertrain options that's going to be inside the bonnet. What noone has a clue are the transmission that's on offer?!
Is it an AMT or a torque converter Automatic?
I hope it's a conventional automatic. Fingers crossed!!

Same pics without watermark. What was the need for it in the first place I wonder

I hope that gear lever is as short as it looks and the gear throws are nice and short too. I had taken a test drive of the TUV300 and turned back half way through the drive as I just couldn't connect with the whole clutch and gear lever combo! The lever was tall like a flag pole and vibrating like crazy even when standing still. The clutch pedal felt like it had no bottom.

The interiors are well appointed on this car. Nice comfy seats and hope they fit the broad frame. The armrest too seems of a correct length. Nicely done swtiches including those on the steering. The AVN also seems like a good fit with some decent sized physical buttons finally! Nice storage in the door pockets and behind the hand brake.

Looks promising to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by powertrain (Post 4514647)
We have a fair idea as to the powertrain options that's going to be inside the bonnet. What noone has a clue are the transmission that's on offer?!
Is it an AMT or a torque converter Automatic?
I hope it's a conventional automatic. Fingers crossed!!

Looking at the segment that this car will get into, i am pretty confident that AMT would be on offer. Barring the Eco Sport, both Brezza and Nexon offer AMT units and Mahindra also offers one on the TUV. Also, the kind of features that 201 will offer, AMT would be a better option to keep costs in check. Mahindra will not like to price it above the segment even with all those additional features and thus tranmission would be a sweet option to cut costs. I think the AMT unit that Mahindra uses is not from Magneti but has been developed with some other supplier (correct me if i am wrong). Magneti has learnt a lot and is thus better that the Mahindra unit. Drive a TUV and a Nexon/Brezza back to back and you will realise the difference.

If this can deliver on quality and dynamics, I will put my money on this. This is an ideal proposition for someone like me who needs quality and safety but don't want it to be a large car.

I second your opinion. With ever shrinking roads and parking spaces, this is the ideal size for people looking for a 5 seater. Anything over this is an overkill especially for people like me who live in colonies where parking is a real pain. I believe that this trend will intensify in the coming years and we will see a lot of options with compact dimensions but loaded to the brim with safety and comfort features. This is the sole reason for me to believe that Harrier may not see huge volumes. People now-a-days are not looking at explosive dimensions just for the fear of parking and driving in tight lanes.

That car is definitely the widest in the segment if we look at the Hand brake and those cup holders next to each other. Also I can see rear seat having 3 headrests, so might translate into decent room for the middle passenger too.

Here it is, Mahindra names its compact SUV in the alpha-numeric configuration!

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-1.jpg

XUV 300 is the name as reported by ACI. Live stream of Brand name announcement will be available at https://www.mahindraauto.com/s201/.

Mahindra's Compact SUV XUV3OO- what to expect?... already most are known in spy pics though!

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-1.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-2.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-3.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-7.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-4.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-6.jpg

- Will be built in Nashik
- Petrol and Diesel ( more at launch)
- Built on the X100 Platform

- All wheel disc brakes
- 7 Airbags

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-20.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-0.jpg

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-00.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	0.JPG
Views:	5244
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1829356

Certain key aspects of XUV300 -
- Will be launched after February
- No Automatic
- Largest wheel base among competitors

Name:  Capture6.PNG
Views: 4650
Size:  231.7 KB

Name:  Capture5.PNG
Views: 4702
Size:  439.5 KB

Name:  Capture4.PNG
Views: 4713
Size:  838.0 KB

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 4640
Size:  519.2 KB

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 4714
Size:  697.6 KB

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4620
Size:  468.8 KB

The Mahindra XUV300, aka Ssangyong Tivoli. Edit: Launched @ 7.9 lakhs-untitled.png

Name:  Captureside.PNG
Views: 4517
Size:  94.1 KB

Pricing, features, and the Sub-4 meter vehicle will be showcased in the first week of February 2019. All electric vehicle coming in 2020.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4514937)

For some reason i read this as 'Excessive Graphics' and found it pretty appropriate. I hope this is in line with the Marazzo design and not the other Mahindra's.
Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4514937)
- Built on the X100 Platform
- All wheel disc brakes
- 7 Airbags

This will be definitely appreciated. Both by the general populace and the enthusiasts. Now, just fix the longer clutch travel seen on the Marazzo, have an automatic variant in both Diesel and Petrol and take the game to Nexon and Brezza. Ecosport badly needs a refresh to stay competitive.