Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 22:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

Just for the heck of speculation, let's assume this version with bi-xenon lights + DRLs and reversing camera(?) and auto-dimming IRVM (?) will sit above the recently launched 'New Vento Highline Plus'; probably VW will call it the 'New New Vento Highline Multiplication' . There's a good chance that the poverty-spec Trendline variant of the Vento might be ditched to accommodate the new compact sedan. These new features will ensure that the price goes northwards, thus automatically creating a price gap between this and the Polo for the Ameo.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 09:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

It's quite ironic that a design which looks eternal and modern even five years after its launch was handpicked for the maximum number of facelifts in such a short period of time.

They could have just left the Vento as is on the outside. The one I like the best is the facelift (second?) with those smoked headlights. And all they ever needed to do was give the Vento black interiors, a bit more weight and feel to the steering, a lot more kit (The Fiesta or even the i10 can shame the VW in this regard), hide that stupid brake cable from the side profile, better NVH and some beefier rubber.

Anyways, the latest reasoning for the facelift is surely to accommodate that 4 meter thingy as rightly pointed out by BHPian kvish. So, fans of Vento out there, go and get one before VW places it in Jetta territory.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 09:15   #18
BHPian

Hi I doubt this is a facelift, a friend of mine bought the updated vento two months ago and got the same front lights as an option worth ₹18k in Delhi. So they're probably just making it standard.
zee_bat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 10:02   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

just picked the Vento last month. One of the thing i wanted was LED lights and voila :P

That said if it is just head light and few minor upgrades like Auto Dimming IVRM and stuff, that can be easily retrofitted. Obviously if they add new features like this they are going to add more moolah to the total price of car. I can get much better looking aftermarket Headlights for the astronomical price VW will ask for it.

People thinking of 1.4 TSI might realise that any car if it gets that combination will be Jetta and not Vento. On the other side i think VW would like to keep that combo exclusive to beetle for some time.
Old 5th January 2016, 12:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee_bat View Post
Hi I doubt this is a facelift, a friend of mine bought the updated vento two months ago and got the same front lights as an option worth ₹18k in Delhi. So they're probably just making it standard.
if possible, can you post a few pics of headlamps of your friend's car as a reference?

Last edited by sagpatel : 5th January 2016 at 12:23.
Old 5th January 2016, 12:19   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
People thinking of 1.4 TSI might realise that any car if it gets that combination will be Jetta and not Vento. On the other side i think VW would like to keep that combo exclusive to beetle for some time.
Hi AtheK,
Jetta already has 1.4 TSI, so do the Octavia. So there is nothing exclusive to that. If you are talking of 1.4 TSI with DSG, then fine.

The Rationalist.
Old 5th January 2016, 12:30   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi AtheK,
Jetta already has 1.4 TSI, so do the Octavia. So there is nothing exclusive to that. If you are talking of 1.4 TSI with DSG, then fine.

The Rationalist.
Yes ofcourse the DsG, I think jetta really deserves that combo, don't see vento getting it for long time. A 1.4 tsi in manual variant will be sweet on vento but I still don't see that happening soon.
Old 5th January 2016, 13:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Yes ofcourse the DsG, I think jetta really deserves that combo, don't see vento getting it for long time. A 1.4 tsi in manual variant will be sweet on vento but I still don't see that happening soon.

Definitely not on vento! My octy has the 1.4 and it's the same as the jetta's albeit in a higher state of tune. The Jetta gets 122hp while the octy gets 140hp. The new beetle is tuned to produce 150hp and I read somewhere that both the Jetta and Octavia will be getting this higher tune upgrade soon.
Old 5th January 2016, 14:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Clearly not these OEM LED headlights manufactured by Hella - your friend must have got those aftermarket ones.

These OEM headlights cost close to 90k imported from the Europe (shipping and customs duties excluded). The OEM bi-xenon models with DRLs manufactured by Valeo itself cost close to 70k!
Old 5th January 2016, 14:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Just for the heck of speculation, let's assume this version with bi-xenon lights + DRLs and reversing camera(?) and auto-dimming IRVM (?) will sit above the recently launched 'New Vento Highline Plus'; probably VW will call it the 'New New Vento Highline Multiplication' . There's a good chance that the poverty-spec Trendline variant of the Vento might be ditched to accommodate the new compact sedan. These new features will ensure that the price goes northwards, thus automatically creating a price gap between this and the Polo for the Ameo.
+1 for your analysis. They need a breathing space pricing wise in between Polo and Vento for Ameo. Decreasing the price of Polo is out of question. Only way of making a settling space for Ameo is increasing the price of Vento by adding few features to it. So expect cosmetic changes to recent face-lifted Vento with DRL's, Projector Headlamps, may be finally a change to headunit with rich AVN etc:- IMO Sunroof is bit distant and won't be there now or might be after 3 months highline plus plus plus!
Old 5th January 2016, 14:51   #26
BHPian

This Vento looks really nice but as my fellow BHPians are correctly saying, it is not a good move from VW to make their customers feel outdated so fast.
It is not a question of spending 10 lacs or a crore for a car, but whenever one buys a new car from the showroom, they would definitely expect the car to not have any more newer upgrades or facelifts anytime soon.

I wonder if the car markers do even think about such things before implementing such decisions
Old 5th January 2016, 15:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Clearly not these OEM LED headlights manufactured by Hella - your friend must have got those aftermarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
if possible, can you post a few pics of headlamps of your friend's car as a reference?

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1451986252.435263.jpg2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1451986568.844996.jpg

It's OEM, he paid 45k for it with insurance for the lights and got it from vw west Delhi
zee_bat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 15:28   #28
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
It's OEM, he paid 45k for it with insurance for the lights and got it from vw west Delhi
Sold and installed at the dealership does not imply they are OEM. The dealership sources these headlamps from a third party and sells them as accessories after including their profit margin. You will not get a part number for these headlights and they will not be available in ETKA - VW's database for parts.

We have similar headlamps being sold at the dealership here.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th January 2016 at 15:31.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 15:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
/OT

Sold and installed at the dealership does not imply they are OEM. The dealership sources these headlamps from a third party and sells them as accessories after including their profit margin. You will not get a part number for these headlights and they will not be available in ETKA - VW's database for parts.

Thanks for clarifying Gannu. I got the shock of my life! I recently purchased similar headlights from Lumen Systems which are sourced from Eagle Eyes. They are really good but hearing VW is selling them as OEM gave me a shock!
Old 5th January 2016, 15:58   #30
BHPian

Quote:
/OT

in that case, my apologies for being ignorant! I assumed they would be OEM since they don't look cheap and are unlike the after market stuff you see

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks