Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 14:21   #46
BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

ACI reports that 2016 Vento will have updated 1.5 TDi with a new turbocharger and power to be around 110 bhp. I guess the upgrade would take care emission issues. So we are looking at two major updates for Vento 2016 i.e., LED DRL's and head lamps along with upgraded 110bhp 1.5 TDi
Old 4th April 2016, 23:12   #47
BHPian

I had visited VW showroom and the sales Executive had told the following are the changes between a 2015-end and 2016 Vento 1.6 Highline model.

1. Touch screen infotainment
2. Rain sensor wipers

Apart from the above 2 there are no changes either in the features or technical specifications. Is this true?
Old 5th April 2016, 08:16   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post

2. Rain sensor wipers

Apart from the above 2 there are no changes either in the features or technical specifications. Is this true?
The 2016 Vento also gets Auto dimming IRVM. Apart from this everything remains the same.

The Vento is also due to get LED headlamps (announced at the Auto Expo). But no info as to when it will happen.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 10:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
I had visited VW showroom and the sales Executive had told the following are the changes between a 2015-end and 2016 Vento 1.6 Highline model.

2. Rain sensor wipers

There would be one more updated for Vento after Ameo release . All the updates are mentioned in my above post.
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 19:16   #50

Is it worth buying a Vento 2016 thanks to VW trouble? Planning to buy one. And the only point stopping me are the rumors about VW may soon move out of India. Though I don't believe, but this has put a hurdle.
Old 7th April 2016, 20:24   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingsikh View Post
Is it worth buying a Vento 2016 thanks to VW trouble? Planning to buy one. And the only point stopping me are the rumors about VW may soon move out of India. Though I don't believe, but this has put a hurdle.
Don't think VW will windup in India unless the parent company winds up. VW also owns Audi and they sell a lot in India.

If you like the car, go for it for its one of the well built sedans, we have seen folks with a good experience on all fronts owning a Vento and there have been folks with bad experiences, that is the case with any manufacturer.

However please do note that service and spares seem to be on the higher side and fellow bhpians can confirm the same.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 22:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
only point stopping me are the rumors about VW may soon move out of India. Though I don't believe, but this has put a hurdle.
Well Volkswagen Automobile Group isn't winding up its operations in India. It sells following brands in India namely; Skoda, VW, Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Ducati to name a few.

Go ahead and purchase Vento. Mine is 5 years old and service levels have improved tremendously. Lastly spare parts cost have come down consistently and it will go down further.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 7th April 2016 at 23:01.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 16:50   #53
BHPian

Has there been any official confirmation and timeline for the introduction of LED Headlamps on the Vento from VW yet?
Old 9th April 2016, 19:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Has there been any official confirmation and timeline for the introduction of LED Headlamps on the Vento from VW yet?

I think vw will launch another facelift Vento in 2017 which will have led headlamp and other features.
Old 15th April 2016, 18:25   #55
BHPian

I am in dilemma whether to buy the current Vento Since I know the next facelift with DRL will come within the next couple of months.

Can anyone confirm if the headlamp cluster deign is the same and we will have the option to change the cluster and get the DRLs and twin lamps without loosing warranty.

Also will VW allow this kind of modification in house?

Thanks
Luke
Old 15th April 2016, 19:47   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Also will VW allow this kind of modification in house?
It is almost certain VW will not do this modification on the pre-facelift versions.
Old 16th April 2016, 10:17   #57

Quote:
Had recently visited VW pune plant, there were discussions only on expansion , new models, Audi engine assembly in pune etc. The rumours doesnt make sense
Old 17th April 2016, 19:32   #58
BHPian

I am so keenly waiting for 3 features:
1. Apple CarPlay (Apple Website mentions 2016 Polo compatible with CarPlay - therefore Vento must get it too.
2. LED Headlights/DRLs (Showcased at the AutoExpo 2016 - 100% expected in 2016)
3. Reversing Camera (like Ameo)

After these 3 features, Vento will be a complete car in my view. Volkswagen, please bring in these ASAP .
ashishskapoor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 09:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
I am so keenly waiting for 3 features:
1. Apple CarPlay (Apple Website mentions 2016 Polo compatible with CarPlay - therefore Vento must get it too.
2. LED Headlights/DRLs (Showcased at the AutoExpo 2016 - 100% expected in 2016)
3. Reversing Camera (like Ameo)

After these 3 features, Vento will be a complete car in my view. Volkswagen, please bring in these ASAP .
Carplay is available on the new HUs, but they are yet to unlock the functionality in India.
Old 28th May 2016, 20:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Carplay is available on the new HUs, but they are yet to unlock the functionality in India.
Hi Bharat, are you sure about the CarPlay feature on Vento's model existing? I have checked with VW showrooms, they are clueless about CarPlay. Also wrote multiple emails to VW service centre, they've pointed my emails to the concerned department and I never heard back from anyone. Poor "before-sales" service VW India.

Bharat, I feel Apple CarPlay / Android Auto was there, it would have been advertised? Why are they only pushing mirror link?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks