Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 10:58   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Spotted the 2016 Vento with LED lamps and a new alloy wheel design at the last foodmall towards Pune on the expressway. Giving it company was an Ameo TSi and the new gen Passat:
Ameo TSI? How did you know that?! Ameo TDI DSG and TSI (DSG/Manual) may just knock the Polo out and sell in bucket loads.
Old 27th September 2016, 11:44   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Spotted the 2016 Vento with LED lamps and a new alloy wheel design

Attachment 1559644

Attachment 1559645

Did you spot any other change in Vento - bumper/tail lights etc.?
Old 27th September 2016, 12:20   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Ameo TSI? How did you know that?! Ameo TDI DSG and TSI (DSG/Manual) may just knock the Polo out and sell in bucket loads.
There was a TSi badge on the Ameo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Did you spot any other change in Vento - bumper/tail lights etc.?
Rear bumper looked slightly different but I couldn't tell much. Was dazed after a 3 hour jam in the ghat section.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 17:57   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Will we be able to retrofit these lamps to the Polo ?
I think so. Internationally, people have done that successfully. Search for Polo 6C LED headlamp retrofit for Polo 6R.

However, it is not a simple plug and play retrofit. It may require a Body Control Module change, and activation/adaptation via VCDS.

Last edited by halfbytecode : 27th September 2016 at 18:05.
Old 27th September 2016, 21:13   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post

Noob question : Will we be able to retrofit these lamps to the Polo ?
VagTune seems to have installed these LED Lamps in several Polo vehicles. Apparently the lamps are supplied along with the necessary adapters to make them somewhat Plug N Play Install for the existing POLO/Vento. But the biggest put off at the moment seems to be the cost @ 1.60L
Old 27th September 2016, 23:14   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
But the biggest put off at the moment seems to be the cost @ 1.60L
Hi prince85,

Even I had seen pictures of several Vento/Polo with LED headlight on Vagtune Facebook page but I did not know that everyone paid 1.6 lacs for this retrofit. Did you get this quote directly from Vagtune and does this include BCM swap as well?

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 13:46   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi prince85,

Even I had seen pictures of several Vento/Polo with LED headlight on Vagtune Facebook page but I did not know that everyone paid 1.6 lacs for this retrofit. Did you get this quote directly from Vagtune and does this include BCM swap as well?

Regards.

Hi,
Yes i got the quote directly from Mr.Sugesh (VAgTune) when i was placing an order for the GTI Projector/DRL Headlamps with them. IIRC, he said its a basic plug-n-play install with the supplied wiring adapters. So i am assuming no BCM upgrade required.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 18:41   #128
BHPian

Hi folks. Need a quick advice please!

Like a few of you know, I am contemplating buying either a Honda Jazz V CVT or a Vento TSI Highline.

Now given that the new vento is around the corner, I played hardball with VW Mumbai West for the current Vento TSI and finally they have agreed at a price of ₹12,20,000/- for Vento TSI Highline. At this price should I opt for a TSI Highline instead of a Jazz V CVT?

The Jazz best quote I have is ₹10,00,000 on road.

Someone I hope will reply!
toofanwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 19:18   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Now given that the new vento is around the corner, I played hardball with VW Mumbai West for the current Vento TSI and finally they have agreed at a price of ₹12,20,000/- for Vento TSI Highline. At this price should I opt for a TSI Highline instead of a Jazz V CVT?

I would say go for it. Seems to be a great price. I assume this is for the Highline. This is less than the OTR I paid for my TSI nearly three years back in Bangalore.

On a side note, I assume you read about the Ameo Diesel DSG Launch. At 9.5L ex showroom for the Highline Diesel DSG with 110PS power, looks to be fantastic value for money. You actually get additional kit also. Worth looking at if you are ok with the looks of the Ameo.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 23:11   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Hi folks. Need a quick advice please!

Like a few of you know, I am contemplating buying either a Honda Jazz V CVT or a Vento TSI Highline.

I am a Jazz MT owner but I always wanted to own Polo, but back seat space led me to strike it out. But, believe me VW is in altogether different league in terms of build quality and fit finish. Also, you will have nice combo of performance, convenience and space in Vento compared to Ameo/Jazz. Why not check City CVT if you are considering Jazz CVT, you get better engine and performance.

My vote goes to Vento TSI, anyday better than Jazz CVT. Honda has issues with fit finish and the plastics are a level below than Hyundai/VW, I have rattles from dashboard and door panels at 8k kms.

Hope this helps.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:15   #131
BHPian

Ameo diesel has been launched but there is absolutely no update on Vento. Wonder what Volkswagen India is thinking. Any reason why they do not want to launch the Highline plus with LED lights? Also a cheaper Ameo has advanced(?) engine than the 'premium' Vento. Called few showrooms across Chennai, Bangalore and Pune. Everyone is clueless. Most of them expected the Vento updated along with Ameo diesel launch.
Old 4th October 2016, 05:01   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Ameo diesel has been launched but there is absolutely no update on Vento. Wonder what Volkswagen India is thinking. Any reason why they do not want to launch the Highline plus with LED lights? Also a cheaper Ameo has advanced(?) engine than the 'premium' Vento. Called few showrooms across Chennai, Bangalore and Pune. Everyone is clueless. Most of them expected the Vento updated along with Ameo diesel launch.

They will update both Vento and Polo with new engines very soon. It will mostly happen before the launch of Rapid Facelift (that's currently speculated for Nov). You can expect a silent update of the duo in next 15 days.
Old 4th October 2016, 23:06   #133
BHPian

Hello people. Any news on the Polo diesel getting the sweet DSG gearbox? I have booked the Baleno, but would surely drop the booking if the Polo is launched with the auto tranny. I was thinking about the Ameo, but cannot get over the fact that it has perhaps the worst derrière of all the notchbacks there are in our market. Rather I hate the concept of the under 4 mtr sedan which in my opinion does not make sense at all.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:16   #134

12.20 on road ?? Are you kidding me looks like I am a verry bad negotiator best i could get was 12.80 with extended warranty for 3rd and fourth year and full bumber to bumper comprehensive insurance. This is in pune so the road tax amount will not differ a lot.
Old 5th October 2016, 14:16   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee View Post
12.20 on road ?? Are you kidding me looks like I am a verry bad negotiator best i could get was 12.80 with extended warranty for 3rd and fourth year and full bumber to bumper comprehensive insurance. This is in pune so the road tax amount will not differ a lot.
Is that price after 50k discount that is being offered at this point of time on vento petrol? Last I checked it was 12.72 with 50k discount excluding extended insurance and b2b without any negotiations for TSI highline. 12.2 seems really realistic to me if we try and squeeze a little more. This is for Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks