Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2017, 12:06   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
I enquired for the New Vento, the New TDI DSG variant was unavailable and told me the TDI DSG deliveries will start in April whereas the TSI DSG have already started. One thing which I observed is, the fog lamps still come with halogen bulbs whereas in Honda City all the lights are LED.
With the single headlight Vento (H4) the fogs are needed for their extra illumination. The LED headlights seem to provide adequate lighting without fogs.

I also wonder if halogen (yellowish) fogs are actually better in real foggy conditions? The color discrepancy won't look good or consistent for sure. If it's an oversight on VW's part then it's a silly mistake.
Old 16th March 2017, 12:42   #242
BANNED

Well BMW has also started giving fogs as led so I'm not sure if it's that nice to have halogens. Although the crysta also had led low beam and halogen fog+high
Old 1st April 2017, 03:22   #243
BHPian

Finally, Volkswagen have updated their website for 'New Vento'. Interestingly, Highline model has not been discontinued and the only additions in the Highline Plus model are LED Headlamps (Auto Levelling) & Reverse Camera. However, Highline does not get the camera. No Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in any model.
Price has not been updated on site yet.

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-screen-shot-20170401-03.14.55.png

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-screen-shot-20170401-03.14.34.png

Brochure
batish is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 02:29   #244
BHPian

Sorry for back to back posts.

In this video, the car is shown with 16" Portago wheels which have been updated in the 2017 GT TSI but the 2017 Vento comes with 15" TOSA Wheels, even the brochure and website states the same.

I failed to understand why are they showing something which is not present in the product.

P.S: Mods please edit the title of the thread to "Launched".

Last edited by batish : 2nd April 2017 at 02:50.
batish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 12:29   #245
BHPian

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing

After using the LED headlamps and reverse camera for 2 months, I feel that they are necessity and not luxury. They definitely enhance the driving experience.

This LED captures a lot of eyeballs, because of its newness & distinctive shape. Even existing Vento owners on the roads get surprised to see LED on Vento. LEDs definitely announces that it's a new-gen Vento and different from all Ventos sold on last 6.5 years.

Last edited by ashishskapoor : 2nd April 2017 at 12:37.
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 16:27   #246
BHPian

Hi Ashish,

Where did you buy insurance from? Dealer or outside?

I've booked the same car and trying to buy it outside but I don't see any insurer's website having this variant listed so the IDV calculation is wrong.

Thanks,
RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
After using the LED headlamps and reverse camera for 2 months, I feel that they are necessity and not luxury. They definitely enhance the driving experience.

This LED captures a lot of eyeballs, because of its newness & distinctive shape. Even existing Vento owners on the roads get surprised to see LED on Vento. LEDs definitely announces that it's a new-gen Vento and different from all Ventos sold on last 6.5 years.
Old 6th April 2017, 20:53   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronline View Post
Hi Ashish,

Where did you buy insurance from? Dealer or outside?

I've booked the same car and trying to buy it outside but I don't see any insurer's website having this variant listed so the IDV calculation is wrong.

Thanks,
RS

Hi Ronline,

I took the Ex-showroom value and gave that to an insurance agent along with engine capacity of the car. Since mine is 1.2L petrol, it is cheaper to get insurance on it compared to MPI/TDI. So remember to mention that. Got best quote from the agent ~ 30k difference between agent and dealership quotes. Requested at dealership that I will get insurance done on my own, but they were willing to match the rates provided to me by the agent (most dealerships will match). So I got it through dealership only, at the market rate.

Hope that helps, cheers.
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 14:21   #248
BHPian

Is there a way to get the LED headlamps on my 2016 Vento TSI?
I also wanted to get the paddle shifts steering wheel and parking camera installed somehow in Pune, got a quote from Vegatune as well, but they said I'll have to install it my self and I am reluctant about this. I am from Pune, can someone advise on how can I get this done in Pune.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th April 2017 at 10:01. Reason: typo corrected
meetzap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 15:05   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
I also wanted to get the paddle shifts steering wheel
Won't the warranty get void, if you install paddles?

Last edited by navin : 17th April 2017 at 10:37. Reason: typo in quote corrected
Old 17th April 2017, 14:45   #250
BHPian

It's not just the paddles that I'll have to install, but the entire steering wheel.
From what I have understood so far, its a simple replacement job that can be easily carried out without any cuts to existing wire assembly. So I believe warranty should not be impacted with this simple replacement job.
meetzap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 19:29   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Finally, Volkswagen have updated their website for 'New Vento'. Interestingly, Highline model has not been discontinued and the only additions in the Highline Plus model are LED Headlamps (Auto Levelling) & Reverse Camera. However, Highline does not get the camera. No Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in any model.
Price has not been updated on site yet.

Brochure
I enquired about the Vento TDI DSG today from Faridabad dealer and he confirmed Highline has been discontinued and only Highline+ is being made available. I am not sure why he said that.
Old 5th May 2017, 23:36   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
I enquired about the Vento TDI DSG today from Faridabad dealer and he confirmed Highline has been discontinued and only Highline+ is being made available. I am not sure why he said that.
They might have discontinued it temporarily until they come up with an update with 16" PORTAGO wheels.
But the brochure still mentions the Highline model.
Old 24th May 2017, 19:14   #253

Buy the new Facelift Vento or wait for the next Generation

Hi BHPians,

I currently drive an aging hyundai accent viva 1.6 petrol (2004 Dec) which has clocked 76K. The car still runs relatively fine but needs repairs now and then. It is pretty zippy and serves my need for daily short runs (25 Km). I believe it can last another year. I have been looking at potential replacements and have come to love the VW Vento.

The dilemma:

Buy a Vento now (the dealer is offering a 1.3 lakh discount on the Highline TSi and 80k on the Highline Plus TSI) and forgo whatever life is left in the Viva

OR

wait for the next generation Vento? The tabloids are not clear when that might be 2018-19 which might be too late. Also not sure if the Vento will launch in the MQB platform (does it matter?)

So please advice guys what should i do?
Old 24th May 2017, 20:28   #254
BHPian

Re: Buy the new Facelift Vento or wait for the next Generation

Given its not a whole lot of mileage on the Hyundai, i think you could wait another year, but once you have the thought of changing the car in your head, its tough to wait another year.

That said, since you tend to keep your cars long (Assumption based on Hyundai ownership), facelift or not does not really make a difference, i say go for it, get better value for your money now.

Happy Car Shopping.

Cheers.
Old 24th May 2017, 21:10   #255
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buy the new Facelift Vento or wait for the next Generation

Though I love the Vento too, the only thing that would worry me now, is the fact that the Vento is 8 years old here and could have a replacement soon. The next-Gen Vento has been spied somewhere at Brazil already, and the next-gen Polo is already ready for launch in other parts of the world (maybe a late 2018 launch for India)
If I were you, I would wait for the all new Vento.

But two negatives here, No one can guarantee the next-Gen Vento's launch in India, and it will definitely be much more expensive than the outgoing one, and you might not get discounts as it would be a new launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks