Quote:
Originally Posted by sidj31 View Post
---

wait for the next generation Vento? ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
---
If I were you, I would wait for the all new Vento.--
First of all it is not clear yet whether the Virtus ( next Gen Vento) will be launched in India. No new launches in 2018 .

If at all the Virtus will be launched it will move a segment higher and only arrive in 2019 and beyond.

Their priority for India is the compact SUV, then a sedan and that too is speculated a 2019 unveil. Could be a product coming from the VW-FAW( China) JV.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 06:50   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Given its not a whole lot of mileage on the Hyundai, i think you could wait another year, but once you have the thought of changing the car in your head, its tough to wait another year.

Motoringlover you hit the nail on its head! Once I have test driven it all I can think of is buying it, but alas the mind does pop in now and then to throw a wrench in the plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Though I love the Vento too, the only thing that would worry me now, is the fact that the Vento is 8 years old here and could have a replacement soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
First of all it is not clear yet whether the Virtus ( next Gen Vento) will be launched in India. No new launches in 2018 .

All - thank you, I think with the uncertainty of time regarding VW's roadmap for Vento in India it would be better to just get the car now.

One question - are the discounts being offered (1.3 lakh for the highline TSI and 80k for High plus TSI) unheard of? Is GST rollout in July anything to do with this?

Last edited by ampere : 25th May 2017 at 07:59. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 25th May 2017, 08:11   #258
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buy the new Facelift Vento or wait for the next Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidj31 View Post
One question - are the discounts being offered (1.3 lakh for the highline TSI and 80k for High plus TSI) unheard of? Is GST rollout in July anything to do with this?
I don't think so. I believe it maybe more because of less sales. I tried the Vento in Feb/March as well before I bought the city. I was offered the discounts as well which was tempting. However settled for the City because the dealer's Tsi TD car was not available because there was something wrong with the car which they couldn't figure out and was in the workshop for a month That was enough for me to walk away from it and also convinced me for the 2017 City which was anyways on the top of my list.
Old 26th May 2017, 07:20   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I don't think so. I believe it maybe more because of less sales.
I though issues with the DSG had become far and few... Anyway wifey is quite sold on the vento, will be difficult to convince her otherwise!!

I will keep this in mind though. Thanks for the advice

Last edited by ampere : 26th May 2017 at 07:26.
Old 26th May 2017, 12:53   #260
BHPian

Re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

The VW sales is lousy..I was smitten by the car (Vento TSi) after test drive, but did not proceed as I there was no highline available, only highline +. SA called me just once and he never sounded eager. Now I hear that people are getting highline + for 80K discount (not sure if it is there in Bangalore). If there is any discount, it is for the SA to reach out to potential customers who did test drive recently and tempt them with the offer..But nothing of that sort, no wonder why VW is struggling to increase numbers. If this is the attitude towards potential customers, I can imagine how they will treat you once you buy it !
Old 27th May 2017, 06:31   #261

Update : I booked a Highline TSI Vento (white) yesterday!! Thank you all for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
The VW sales is lousy..I was smitten by the car (Vento TSi) after test drive, but did not proceed as I there was no highline available, only highline +. SA called me just once and he never sounded eager. Now I hear that people are getting highline + for 80K discount (not sure if it is there in Bangalore). If there is any discount, it is for the SA to reach out to potential customers who did test drive recently and tempt them with the offer..But nothing of that sort, no wonder why VW is struggling to increase numbers. If this is the attitude towards potential customers, I can imagine how they will treat you once you buy it !

Could have been but in my case I found them to be actually better than others. I was being courted by Volkswagen Gurugram in Sector 49 Sohna Road. The sales guy regularly followed me up and was transparent with the discounts. The thing I liked most was that he made sure I got the color i liked never forcing me for the available color like usually sales guys do. I Think i asked him to show me the different colors 5-6 times and he always obliged. This could be different to this dealership but I was quite satisfied with the experience. Hope you will have better experience in the future. Cheers!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th June 2017 at 07:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 3rd June 2017, 20:46   #262
BHPian

Hello all,
We own a 2011 model Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi, run only 25000kms. We are planning to get a new car. Yes, the Ritz has a very low running on the ODO, still lack of safety features, and few other reasons too. We have planned to get a new car.

The Volkswagen Vento is on radar. A petrol one.
Still in doubt of whether to go for the MPi or the TSI.
Can anyone pls point on an estimate for both the models, OTR Chennai?
Old 4th June 2017, 07:39   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Still in doubt of whether to go for the MPi or the TSI.
Can anyone pls point on an estimate for both the models, OTR Chennai?
Been using a Mpi for the past 4 years, I would suggest you to stay away from it. Between the two, Tsi is simply no brainer. Go for it.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 09:12   #264
BHPian

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497238890.358947.jpg2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497238911.581051.jpg Another face(rear)lift or a whacky mod job?
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 16:43   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Attachment 1647339Attachment 1647340 Another face(rear)lift or a whacky mod job?
I sincerely hope thats a mod job, that looks absolutely hideous. I don't think the company would ever do something like that.
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 01:09   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
I sincerely hope thats a mod job, that looks absolutely hideous. I don't think the company would ever do something like that.
Hi,

This is pre face-lift version(2015) since it has old tail lamps.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 09:58   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

This is pre face-lift version(2015) since it has old tail lamps.

Regards.
Yep. But the badge is a DIYH (do it yourself hideousness).
Old 19th June 2017, 08:19   #268
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
.....because the dealer's Tsi TD car was not available because there was something wrong with the car which they couldn't figure out and was in the workshop for a month That was enough for me to walk away from it and also convinced me for the 2017 City which was anyways on the top of my list.
Excellent deduction, Altocumulus! There was a time - a couple of decades ago - when I too was deeply enamoured by anything "German engineered". Till it dawned on me (as it had dawned much earlier on the rest of the world) that nice engineering & great reliability were very different things till then! And the Japs (and now the Koreans & others too) perfected this art of reliability - OK, so there is the occasional Honda lemon too, but mercifully rare - before anyone else. That is why I regret this tendency of ours to deify & pedestal-ize the German fixation. Specially after emissions-gate. There are so many other worthy claimants to the title.

Last edited by shashanka : 19th June 2017 at 08:25.
Old 5th July 2017, 16:09   #269
BHPian

Took the delivery of TSI Highline Plus recently. When i booked the car it was supposed to come with 15inch alloys. But was informed that my car came from the factory fitted with 16inch 195-55-R16 Apollo Tyres.

Was informed that the price also had gone up because of the Tyre Upgrade. The tyre change has not been updated on the website. The R16s are apparently coming only on the Highline Plus variants.
Old 6th July 2017, 16:11   #270
BHPian

Got a call from VW chennai. Vento TSi Highline plus rate has come down by 13000 Rs post GST and there is an additional 30K cash discount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks