Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 14:57   #166
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sending in these images! Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts.
The Orange, Blue and Red looks awesome. And those alloys are a drool to watch.
The white and silver are looks boring to watch
anup7649 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 15:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

The grille of the base model is not bad. If one puts that grille, instead of the blingy chrome one, onto the red-black combo model, methinks the stance of the vehicle will be one of understated elegance. My views only. Beauty, indeed is always in the eyes of the beholder.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 16:31   #168
BHPian

The dual-tones look nice but the single color is meh. In the first white picture, the car looks like previous generation alto size-increased in all directions.
Old 12th February 2016, 17:21   #169

Isn't the Brezza coming in an SHVS version?
I could see Brezza SHVS version in the ODMAG video review. Otherwise I am surprised I could not see this in any other pic/video and now the vehicles that seem to be in the factory also do not have an SHVS even on Zdi+.
I am not seeing anyone talking about that as well. Am I missing something obvious? I think that is the need of the hour with this odd/even rule coming back again in Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-shvs.jpg  

letusmeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 20:50   #170
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza - Petrol & 7 Seater ?

Web reports mention that CV Raman, Maruti's Executive Director of Engineering and R&D has said the following :

1. The company is studying the possibility of GDI petrol engine in Brezza. Whether the company will choose from the K12B 1.2-litre petrol or 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine or employ an all-new petrol engine remains to be seen.

2. There is a possibility that Maruti Suzuki will launch a longer version of Vitara Brezza in the future. Depending on the response of Vitara Brezza SUV gets, Maruti will decide on the future of a Vitara Brezza MPV which will seat up to 7 adults.
rubicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 21:25   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
In fact, the profile of the car just looks like a larger hatch back, with flared wheel arches, higher ground clearance and some plastic cladding to give it a butch appearance.
Indeed.

All cars like Creta, Baleno, i10/20, Verna, Polo, Punto, Jazz, City, BR-V, S-Cross, Brezza, EcoSport, etc. are all McPherson Strut FWD at the front and twist beam at the rear.

Basically their character is more or less the same.

Last edited by aerohit : 12th February 2016 at 21:26.
Old 12th February 2016, 23:57   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sending in these images! Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts.
Attachment 1475487
Thanks a bunch Tushar for sharing these pics and a big shout out to the team-bhp fan who sent them.

The Red-black color combo looks fab. I think white might turn out to be the least preferred color...it looks too bland.
Old 13th February 2016, 02:18   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
P.S : Do note that due to the angle in which the pics were taken there might be minor approximations when matching the length and height. This was only to serve the purpose of a general comparison.
Hey, I took the liberty of replacing the brezza pic with another one from the forum itself

here's the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...t-suv-side.jpg).

But yea, your photoshop skills do trump mine. If you have the time and the patience, please do provide a scale comparison. Awesome work!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-comparo.png
Jeevith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 12:29   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hey, I took the liberty of replacing the brezza pic with another one from the forum itself
please do provide a scale comparison
wow, thanks for that link. I've replaced with this one. This one looks more proportionate. Looking at this pic over and over again, I somehow get a feeling that all of them including the Creta and Scross have the same side profile. Only that the Ecosport's A pillar merges smoothly with the bonnet lines. The TUV, probably because of it's boxy shape, looks more masculine.

I didn't include the Ignis because no official details are released for India. Going by the news we had earlier of the Japanese model [Length x width x height dimensions of the Ignis come in at 3,700 mm x 1,660 mm x 1,595 mm], it's smaller than the Brezza.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-comparo3.jpg
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 13:11   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
wow, thanks for that link. I've replaced with this one. This one looks more proportionate. Looking at this pic over and over again, I somehow get a feeling that all of them including the Creta and Scross have the same side profile. Only that the Ecosport's A pillar merges smoothly with the bonnet lines. The TUV, probably because of it's boxy shape, looks more masculine.

Attachment 1475821
Yup. I genuinely want to believe that the Brezza can be pitted against the Creta. If not the 1.6 (i.e. the Creta SX range), certainly against the 1.4 (S range).

The Brezza and the Creta 1.4 S Plus have almost identical output figures (89 bhp; and 200 NM vs 220 NM respectively). Surely, the top end ZDI+ would be priced below 11.73 lakhs that the Creta S Plus is currently priced at. Factor in all the bells and whistles that the Brezza ZDI+ would have over the Creta S Plus (key less entry, start stop button, cruise control, automatic projector headlamps, automatic climate control, etc....to name a few), and you have a fairly simple choice to make.
Jeevith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 10:31   #176
BHPian

Quote:

The Brezza and the Creta 1.4 S Plus have almost identical output figures (89 bhp; and 200 NM vs 220 NM respectively). Surely, the top end ZDI+ would be priced below 11.73 lakhs that the Creta S Plus is currently priced at. Factor in all the bells and whistles that the Brezza ZDI+ would have over the Creta S Plus (key less entry, start stop button, cruise control, automatic projector headlamps, automatic climate control, etc....to name a few), and you have a fairly simple choice to make.

But do bear in mind that Creta is a bigger vehicle due to which it will have more space and the space always comes at a price. Having said that The Brezza might be slightly peppier than 1.4 Creta due to lower kerb weight. So both have their pros and cons.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 17:10   #177
Senior - BHPian

Hope that Maruti Suzuki does not believe that the Brezza is in the same league as the Creta and price it at Creta levels!

Having said that, till the Hyundai Sub 4 meter SUV comes in, the average Joe would be comparing the Creta with the Brezza for sure
Old 14th February 2016, 18:52   #178
BANNED

How can people think that brezza will be priced at creta levels even the bigger scross is priced very much less than creta?
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 22:12   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
How can people think that brezza will be priced at creta levels even the bigger scross is priced very much less than creta?
I don't think too many people are expecting it to be priced at Creta levels. On the contrary, one would expect even the top spec ZDI+ to be priced below the 1.4 S Plus.

But weighing them up as competitors (after factoring in Brezza's competitive pricing) is very much a possibility, don't you think!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
But do bear in mind that Creta is a bigger vehicle due to which it will have more space and the space always comes at a price. Having said that The Brezza might be slightly peppier than 1.4 Creta due to lower kerb weight. So both have their pros and cons.
True that! 328 vs 400 (in terms of boot space) is a big factor. Not to mention the rear leg room on the Brezza.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:58   #180
BANNED

Appreciate Maruti for choosing the right color combinations. The golden+white combination is very much eye-catchy (though I may not buy it ). One missing combination will be the Red+White - the real Evoque'ish combination!

Quote:
But weighing them up as competitors (after factoring in Brezza's competitive pricing) is very much a possibility, don't you think!?
In terms of looks and status, yes, they are competitors. But a strict no in terms of pricing. Brezza should be at least 2L cheaper than Creta.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks