Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 17:02   #301
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Interesting to see permanent plates and that too both KA and MH. Are these dummy plates for the ad's? gaadi says they will be driving the car on the 11th of March.
Definitely dummy MH plates, My June 2013 Wagon R bears the MH 12 JZ XXXX license plates. MH 12 JC XXXX is a thing of Passé.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 4th March 2016 at 17:04.
Old 4th March 2016, 17:07   #302
BHPian

The Vitara Brezza should be an outright winner in this segment. For me and perhaps many of us the question would be how will other cars with the same target segment react. I am wondering what would Ford want to do on its Ecosport now because Maruti is going to run away with the cup.
Old 4th March 2016, 17:38   #303
Senior - BHPian

The Red Brezza in the picture posted in the last page, with its alloys, black roof and the entire stance and bonnet, looks so amazing that I got goose bumps just looking at.

Get ready fellows for months and years of waiting for this one.

Just too good
Old 4th March 2016, 17:39   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
So we can expect the review some time sooner?
This was at the Auto expo which I shot in this thread. Review and drive will only be after launch.

Quote:
Can you please tell me as to where to plonk my money - Brezza or S-Cross 1.3 Alpha? I've already pre-booked Brezza.
If your budget allows you the S-cross is way superior. Much more premium than the Brezza. The Brezza will probably perform better due to lighter weight.

If you need something compact then the Brezza but if you want a proper sized car, the S-cross is the pick.

Only downside to the S-cross is the styling/looks but that can be overlooked.

However above points are only based on look and feel. Let's wait till we drive it and do a proper review.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 19:12   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

If your budget allows you the S-cross is way superior. Much more premium than the Brezza. The Brezza will probably perform better due to lighter weight.

If you need something compact then the Brezza but if you want a proper sized car, the S-cross is the pick.

Only downside to the S-cross is the styling/looks but that can be overlooked.

However above points are only based on look and feel. Let's wait till we drive it and do a proper review.

Thanks a lot. I hope that Brezza with 90HP engine is better than S-Cross with same engine considering there would be some weight difference. I've simply loved the S-Cross but as GTO says, if it has to be S-Cross, it has to be a 1.6. I can stretch till that but then I have to think over it. For S-Cross, I need to travel to Patna and it would take 3-4 chakkars to get it and traveling to Patna is a pain. As far as booking a Brezza is concerned, its here itself and I've booked it with a rider that if I dont like it, I'll cancel the booking without any deduction. In that case, I'll go for S-Cross 1.3 Alpha. Eagerly waiting for our own review. Let's see if I get a Brezza or a S-Cross.
Old 4th March 2016, 19:17   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Stunning Red/Black Vitara Brezza spied on the DND flyway in New Delhi by Overdrive,

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzaredrearquarterspiedindelhi.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezza3.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezza5.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezza4.jpg

Some more pics appear of the Vitara Brezza taken early morning doing rounds near Yamuna Expressway in Noida.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutibrezzalaunchdate.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzatvcommercial.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vitarabrezzacompactsuvspyshots.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vitarabrezzacompactsuvlaunchdate.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzaspyshots.jpg

http://www.indianhoods.com/news/maru...tv-commercial/

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th March 2016 at 19:32.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 21:50   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

More close up pics from the shoot,
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzaspiedzigwheelsm3_720x540.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzaspiedzigwheelsm4_720x540.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzaspiedzigwheelsm6_720x540.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzaspiedzigwheelsm2_720x540.jpg

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...m_content=news

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th March 2016 at 21:51.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 23:28   #308
BHPian

I was looking forward to release of Breeza but somehow the car does nothing for me. The Baleno is much better designed - Breeza seems like a smaller RR Evoque but blander. Maybe it will be much better in person.
Old 5th March 2016, 10:46   #309
BHPian

The new infrastructure cess has all but ensured that Maruti will push SHVS in to as many cars as possible! It is possible for them to price SHVS cars less than their regular diesels due to less tax & FAME subsidy.

I also hope they'll also have AMT offering. Driving in any city with constant operation of clutch is painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
The media drive is happening after the launch it seems. To quote from the same article from where the photos are taken:

The article also says SHVS will be there. Is it a ploy by MS to keep prices low considering it would now be a hybrid? However I think the article might be wrong as there are no SHVS badges on the cars despite them being ZDI+ versions.
Old 5th March 2016, 12:26   #310
BHPian

Simply Wow. The Red-black and Blue-white Vitara Brezza looks amazing and is unique (India perspective). Maruti is good is launching new concepts to India like AMT transmission, SVHS hybrid and now this color contrast of body and roof. This is definitely going to sell in good numbers and will be sold Maruti showrooms rather than Nexa will help them achieve good targets.
Old 5th March 2016, 13:26   #311
BHPian

The breezza looks cool for sure, for a Maruti product. This has to be another winner for Maruti after the Baleno.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:08   #312
BHPian

The car is a sure shot success unless Maruti bungles up with the pricing. This is gonna seriously damage Ecosport right away, unless Ford makes Ecosport more appealing (more features/price cut). The interiors look more in league with the Baleno rather than the S-cross, so not so premium feel inside. Same looks like the case with the build quality. So I expect completive prices like they did with the Baleno.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:54   #313
BHPian

These set of colours surely gives the Brezza a unique look. It has a lot of capabilities if priced well. It has a big car (SUVish) footprint! Compare the Omni and Innova for reference in the picture. Doesn't look out of shape despite being a sub 4 metre. It deserves a 4X4 setup. Wake up Maruti!
Do it for us.

Aakarsh
Old 5th March 2016, 16:23   #314
BHPian

Just saw this on the website of TOI.

VItara Brezza launch on 8'th March.

http://m.timesofindia.com/auto/launc...w/51260758.cms
Old 5th March 2016, 19:59   #315
BHPian

While I love the Brezza, I just don't feel it appropriate to pay for a diesel vehicle with the current cost difference (in vehicle cost and fuel cost) despite an average usage of 1500 kms per month. It's put me in quite a situation since the only remaining option is the EcoSport petrol
Closed Thread

Most Viewed