Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 13:28   #181
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Any news on the bookings? There were rumors of dealers accepting bookings! Well, the price point and the TD are rarely taken in account, I'm sure the waiting period for this would shoot up just the Baleno way. What an amazing spell for the MS dealers to capitalize on public's money.
Old 15th February 2016, 17:28   #182
BHPian

I always had this doubt whenever a big company like MSIL launches a new car. How are they going to do it. How are they going to manufacture the cars and bring out the numbers. For instance, we now have a scenario where they are selling close to 1L cars per month which is almost 3300 Cars per day. Assuming they start booking for Brezza and get 50000 bookings spread across 6 months (8K per month) within which they want to deliver them. This will mean that they need to produce an addition 300 odd cars per day to keep up with the booking numbers which is close to 9-10% increase in daily production. Are the plants really equipped to handle this much pressure?
Old 15th February 2016, 18:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
I always had this doubt whenever a big company like MSIL launches a new car. How are they going to do it. How are they going to manufacture the cars and bring out the numbers. For instance, we now have a scenario where they are selling close to 1L cars per month which is almost 3300 Cars per day. Assuming they start booking for Brezza and get 50000 bookings spread across 6 months (8K per month) within which they want to deliver them. This will mean that they need to produce an addition 300 odd cars per day to keep up with the booking numbers which is close to 9-10% increase in daily production. Are the plants really equipped to handle this much pressure?
If they have enough confirmed orders, say for six months, they can always start an additional shift.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 08:45   #184
Senior - BHPian

Do we know the wheelbase of the Brezza? The width is impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
I always had this doubt whenever a big company like MSIL launches a new car. How are they going to do it. How are they going to manufacture the cars and bring out the numbers.
This is all done with long term planning. Before a car is launched, any manufacturer will calculate the average volume per month and work backwards to make those many units. That's why one will see long waiting periods for very successful models initially. They simply cannot make all the cars they can sell in the beginning and bleed later when the popularity decreases.

MSIL has fully functional manufacturing in two places currently.
1) Gurgaon - 3 fully integrated manufacturing plants
2) Manesar

The combined production capacity currently is a whopping 14,50,000 vehicles annually. And they sold about 12,89,128 cars last year in the domestic market. MSIL can and will increase the production capacity at these two facilities to accommodate the new launches.

MSIL is also setting up a plant in Gujarat and production is set to commence in 2017.

Last edited by deetjohn : 16th February 2016 at 08:57. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 08:47   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Do we know the wheelbase of the Brezza? The width is impressive.
Wheel Base of Vitara Brezza is 2500 mm.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-yu.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th February 2016 at 08:51.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 10:01   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

While reading the current issue of India Today which has a feature on Auto Expo, came across an article about Brezza. It has glaring errors and pretty vague reporting. I wonder where do these wannabe auto journalists get their info from. Attached is the article. By the way any concrete information regarding booking commencement?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160216_095806.jpg  

Old 16th February 2016, 11:39   #187
BHPian

Here are some additional customized versions for Brezza in Red and Blue. Notice the teeth above the chrome slat in the front grille used to be in black for the regular version and in this customized avatar it seems to be chromified. Also for the blue Brezza, there seem to be chrome inserts around the fog lights. Too much chrome and bling for my taste! The alloys for custom package have the exterior body color on one of the V spoke for RED and Yellow/Gold but not for Blue.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza.jpg

Source: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/vitarabr...x#color-option

Not sure if it will be offered as a single customization package (exterior and interior) or will the customer get to pick and choose individual components as per his liking.
thatsdileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 12:00   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Also for the blue Brezza, there seem to be chrome inserts around the fog lights. Too much chrome and bling for my taste!

Even Maruti knows this, and that's why they are offering it as a custom package. Whoever loves this much chrome, can opt it!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th February 2016 at 12:20.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:04   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The combined production capacity currently is a whopping 14,50,000 vehicles annually. And they sold about 12,89,128 cars last year in the domestic market. MSIL can and will increase the production capacity at these two facilities to accommodate the new launches.

MSIL is also setting up a plant in Gujarat and production is set to commence in 2017.
Wow!! Those number are huge considering they have just 2 plants.Assuming Gujarat production start tentative 2017, I guess we can see Petrol variants of both S-cross as well as Brezza storming the market along with Ignis!!
Old 16th February 2016, 12:57   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

The DDiS 200 VGT.

Excerpts from the interview of C V Raman, Maruti Suzuki's executive director (engineering) with Autocarprofessional,

Quote:
The challenge for petrol SUVs is to match the driving dynamics of a diesel SUV. That's what is important. That is why we are finding the right engine to suit the character of this vehicle
Will you use GDI technology for the Vitara Brezza petrol?

We will see. Options are available. We are studying that.
Most likely , the petrol variant will get the bosterjet engine after the Baleno RS launch.

Boosterjet engine

http://www.marutisuzukitransformotio...=RZ#technology
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 13:48   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Vitara Brezza will be launched in the third week of March 2016 – between March 20th – March 25th
To come only in diesel version initially, the car’s petrol-engined model is under development now and will be launched later this year

Dealer training to start next week and Media drive soon.

http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...h-2016/211989/

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th February 2016 at 14:14.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 14:04   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Any news on the bookings? There were rumors of dealers accepting bookings! Well, the price point and the TD are rarely taken in account,
The bookings for the Brezza is underway in Maruti dealerships in Kerala.
My uncle was in market for buying a swift, but nudged him towards the Brezza after me getting a feel of it in the auto expo.

It looks a good VFM, especially with the new crash and emission norms kicking in the next two years. As these will push forward the prices of new cars considerably. So holding that residual value would be a no problem for Brezza.
Add to that a well proven Diesel motor (eventhough tuned for economy), India's crossover craze and basic safety as standard. My only gripe was for the interior. Not as fancy as nexa line-up.But it seems Suzuki has built it to a cost (proven reliability across decades), which by the way all the more reassures me about the value proposition.
Old 16th February 2016, 17:58   #193
BHPian

Does anybody have any info on whether the DDiS 200 Engine is going to be an SHVS variant as in the Ciaz ? Been trying to find this info, but not able to get any info on this anywhere. All the pics of the Brezza from the Auto expo also do not have an SHVS badge. Can somebody confirm.
Old 16th February 2016, 18:32   #194
BHPian

I was very excited about this car from the beginning. There were some news about that dealer's have started to accept bookings for Brezza. I immediately went to my dealer in Navi Mumbai with a cheque and asked him to book one for me. He, however mentioned that this was just a rumour, and there is no official word from Maruti for the booking as such. Have left the cheque with the dealership though. Hoping they'd start soon.
Old 16th February 2016, 18:54   #195
BHPian

GTO and TeamBHP team,

The dates for the media drives of the Brezza has been announced.

Can you please let us know the tentative date when the official TeamBHP review of the Brezza will be published?

Eagerly awaiting this.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks