Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2016, 21:50   #601
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

I think TATA needs to attempt having very strong unique selling points for the Hexa. Design flair seems to be there. Value for money pricing is a big question mark. I guess we will know for sure when the official price list comes out. However one area where they could have up ended the Innova is the boot space. Earlier postings seemed to indicate that they have reduced it from the Aria. I think that would adversely affect the sales numbers.

Last edited by MinivanDriver : 21st September 2016 at 21:51. Reason: typo
Old 21st September 2016, 21:53   #602
Senior - BHPian

Even if they launch it for free, I would still have my doubts over I Gen Tata and MnM vehicles and would just wait for the II lot.
I can't visit service centre regularly (35 km one way) after spending 13-15 Lac for sorting small niggles.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 22:06   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The answer lies in the previous pages of this thread:

Expect introductory pricing to be delicious.
From the prices being floated around, a general idea of variant wise pricing of Hexa (Tata Safari Storme as benchmark) :

1.9L LX 4*2: 9.99L
1.9L EX 4*2: 11.39L

2.2 LX 4*2: 11.99L
2.2 EX 4*2: 13.79L (more loaded than 1.9L EX model)
2.2 VX 4*2: 15.49L
2.2 VX 4*4: 16.79L
2.2 VX 4*4 AT: 17.99L

And may be a few more automatics in between. 1.9L variants are probably targeted at the fleet market right now & so, no VX, 4*4 or AT makes sense. Maybe later when SC bans the >2L diesels again in certain markets, they will launch more models in that engine tune.

Coming to its direct competition (India made, 7 seater SUV with questionable long term reliability & so-so ASS): not only does Tata have to target the XUV500 with pricing, they also have to load the Hexa with features & make it a more promising option.
Good Luck Tata
r0nit7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 22:09   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Even if they launch it for free, I would still have my doubts over I Gen Tata and MnM vehicles and would just wait for the II lot.
I can't visit service centre regularly (35 km one way) after spending 13-15 Lac for sorting small niggles.
There aren't any free lunches. Have first hand experience buying cars in the first lot (Indigo/ Safari/ Manza/ Aria). No complaints.

If someone doesn't like a Tata, he/ she just does not like a Tata even if it is from the 10th lot. This attitude & perception has been deliberated at length. However, people at large have noticed the difference in the last few launches & they are leagues apart from my first lot buy's.

There are niggles too reported with Crysta & Endeavour - so much for the QUALITY.

Last edited by m3_07 : 21st September 2016 at 22:11. Reason: typo
m3_07 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 00:07   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
In a way, it's a version two of the aria. And even the engine is already doing duty in the safari. The build quality of recent tatas have been far better than the old ones and at par with the competition including the interiors. And with enough time to have gained operational and design knowledge from the jlr acquisition. I'll bet my money on the hexa being a good product. But then again, even the zest was supposed to be one!
Old 22nd September 2016, 00:22   #606
BHPian

My little birdie confirmed a definite October launch. He also mentioned that the top management has become very strict regarding the QC of components and the vendors are feeling the heat.
Old 22nd September 2016, 01:32   #607
BHPian

Hope they don't cut basic safety features like ABS and dual front airbags from basic variants, otherwise there won't be any advantage of competitive pricing.
Vishal.R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 01:37   #608
BHPian

In the last Delhi-Auto Expo, Tata's stall wowed most of the visitors and amongst the Tatas, Hexa alone attracted most of the them. I mean in our country it's rare to find people who dislike macho SUVish vehicle.

But unfortunately, when it comes to our buying decision, we outrightly reject them(Tata cars). Reason being, past bad experiences. This is the bitter truth! But we should now forget the past and give it a chance. IMO it deserves a chance to be accepted by us in a fresh positive manner. It takes courage to relaunch a flop product which was ought to be the flagship of product line-up.

I read blogs, almost all the articles, and went through all the details available over internet about the Hexa and I concluded that Tata learned a lesson from Aria's failure and they have tried every bit to rectify each and everything where they lagged.

As far as my thoughts are concerned, Hexa is the result of sheer hard work by them. It's not yet launched but we have enough details to figure it out that Hexa is very much capable to compete with other vehicles available in the segment. Tata should not commit mistakes while pricing it because it would be the most important factor deciding Hexa's fate. I just hope we all will appreciate Tata's work not only in the discussions but on the sales chart too. If Hexa deserves some good numbers, it should be reflected in the sales chart.

Fingers crossed! Eagerly waiting to see how such a big name overcomes their failure.

Aakarsh

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd September 2016 at 08:30. Reason: Typo
Aakarsh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 07:15   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I think TATA needs to attempt having very strong unique selling points for the Hexa. Design flair seems to be there. Value for money pricing is a big question mark. I guess we will know for sure when the official price list comes out. However one area where they could have up ended the Innova is the boot space. Earlier postings seemed to indicate that they have reduced it from the Aria. I think that would adversely affect the sales numbers.
The reduction in boot space is 50mm / 5cm/ 2in. Not sure if this minor correction to improve on leg space is going to adversely affect sales. The Hexa probably still has the largest boot space, this side of a pickup truck.
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:13   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post

1.9L LX 4*2: 9.99L
1.9L EX 4*2: 11.39L

2.2 LX 4*2: 11.99L
2.2 EX 4*2: 13.79L (more loaded than 1.9L EX model)
2.2 VX 4*2: 15.49L
2.2 VX 4*4: 16.79L
2.2 VX 4*4 AT: 17.99L
Tata displayed a 4x2 AT and 4x4 MT at the auto expo. I highly doubt that 4x4 AT will be available at the time of launch. Anyways, even I am looking for 4x4 AT and I wish they launch it with a proper Torque Converter autobox and not an AMT. There had been rumours about an AMT version.
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:20   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
There aren't any free lunches. Have first hand experience buying cars in the first lot (Indigo/ Safari/ Manza/ Aria). No complaints.
Must be a luckiest customer of Tata. When you say 'No Complaints' Can you be more specific ?
Most irritating part is to going to the service center again and again for the same niggles /issues.
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:37   #612
BHPian

I've too owned and lived with many Tata's (family cars) and haven't faced an experience which has been something I'd describe as a complaint. Not many have been that fortunate though as per the general tata feedback. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed right now in terms of the price they'll launch the Hexa!
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:13   #613
BHPian

My gut feel says Tata really seems to have got the product sorted out this time around. I sincerely hope they manage the other aspects in terms of positioning, pricing etc., well so that Hexa can be a worthy competitor to Innova.

I am not a Tata fanboy but in the market place, competition is always good. Toyota has had a free run with their Innova for far too long.
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:34   #614
BHPian

I wish Tata succeed this time with Hexa being accepted and sells.

Tata must have learnt an important market lesson with its Tiago that in Indian car market any quality product with right pricing get accepted reasonably by customers.

Aria failed due to tata's pricing blunder, along with Tata's obsession with Indica like Xmas tree tail lamps.

Appreciate Tata's sincere efforts with Tiago, Hexa and all other upcoming new Tata cars.

Qualitative Competition is good for car buyers.

My Good luck wishes to Tata.
Old 22nd September 2016, 17:23   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Must be a luckiest customer of Tata. When you say 'No Complaints' Can you be more specific ?
Sir - There are lemons sold with every manufacturer. Keeping this aside, there is nothing lucky to feel about for not getting stranded. Indeed the car performs well & with every car that was in servicing, i did not see a car at the TASS brought in due to break down.

Indigo - 2003 - 2008 - Only visited for regular servicing. Complaint - they have a L shaped adapted that connects the power steering pump placed at the lower front bumper height. If you scrape the bumper below, the adapter cuts & the car is not driveable - this is a design issue which got fixed many years later. No complaints beyond this

Safari - 2008 onwards - was never stranded ever on the roads. Mechanical replacements - regular wear & tear. Electricals - replaced wiper blade motors last month. Rattles - many indeed. I paid 10.5 for the LX version, if this is correct. Hence, i know what to expect in this price range & this is VFM for me.

Aria/ Manza - my BIL owns this & never has he encountered any breakdowns. Importantly, he had the top trim manza with him for 4 years & no rattles as compared with my safari. Aria, this one is smooth & rock solid.

I have no qualms in admitting that the TASS sucks. Not sure who isn't paying whom between TM & the dealer. There are dearth of quality technicians. This is the same in the industry that i work today. It is all dollars, the better you invest, you will have a nice team around you. This is one department that TM will have to work their backs off.
m3_07 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks