Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2016, 20:22   #151
BANNED

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
In reality the door lines have gone up and glass area has reduced
Not exactly. The difference in color shades makes you feel like that. There is no change to the window lines.
Old 29th July 2016, 21:31   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki's S-Cross 1.0 Boosterjet Cool S & S 2WD - First Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New S Cross booking starts in Eu,appears in its site. Now available in 10 Colors!
All these data sheets list trunk volume as 430L. In the current S-Cross sold in India, the trunk volume is somewhere about 350L. With no apparent change in the side profile and the boot shape, I wonder how is it that the trunk volume is increased? Am I missing something here?
Old 29th July 2016, 21:36   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
All these data sheets list trunk volume as 430L. In the current S-Cross sold in India, the trunk volume is somewhere about 350L. With no apparent change in the side profile and the boot shape, I wonder how is it that the trunk volume is increased? Am I missing something here?
To accommodate a full size spare wheel in the Indian model the boot space is compromised.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 01:27   #154
BHPian

Had a chat with a Nexa RM today regarding the launch of this facelift. He mentioned mid 2017, or Diwali 2017. And I was like damn that's too late. Sad.

He also mentioned that Ignis is slated for a Diwali 2016 launch.
Old 31st July 2016, 06:38   #155
BHPian

I just joined Team-BHP and this is my first post on the thread I have been following religiously.

Count me as one who certainly likes the new face of S-Cross. I always liked the current one as well because of it's understated looks. But after owning Swift for 9 years and having to live with rattling for most part of it, I feel really confused whether to go for a Suzuki product or not. Currently I am looking to upgrade and have no specific segment in my mind.

That said , new S-Cross looks more aggressive now. Only if they had given new interiors which are not shared with all Marutis.
Old 31st July 2016, 10:47   #156
BHPian

With S-Cross it seems that after long (1st Generation Swift) has Maruti launched a car that has tickled at the enthusiasts heart. S-Cross review thread is amongst the most active ownership review threads, and now this facelift thread has garnered over 150 posts almost an year before launch, is a testimony of how much the car is loved here in the community.

S-Cross has been a breath of fresh air from Maruti. A well engineered, well built, premium interiors, good to drive Maruti, that is now priced well too. The current S-Cross has already established a place of sorts with 3000 sales monthly, and with this facelift, it will surely establish a complete segment and compel the competitors to bring in more models at better rates.

Maybe a beefed up i30 Active, or a Ford Kuga.
Old 31st July 2016, 11:58   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
S-Cross has been a breath of fresh air from Maruti. A well engineered, well built, premium interiors, good to drive Maruti, that is now priced well too. The current S-Cross has already established a place of sorts with 3000 sales monthly, and with this facelift, it will surely establish a complete segment and compel the competitors to bring in more models at better rates.
No doubt it has been a breadth of fresh air from Maruti but the sales are nowhere near 3000. The average sales is around 2200 per month.
Old 31st July 2016, 12:06   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Only if they had given new interiors which are not shared with all Marutis.
Welcome Raaj.

Yes, it's the best one from Maruti yet. But I don't understand why people always complain about part sharing. Few buttons here, few knobs there is very common and frankly acceptable. Even Mercedes does it.

Honda's far worse. It has shared the entire dashboard across all its variants, right from the Brio to the BR-V. Absolutely no uniqueness in experience for the owner.

What Maruti does, honestly is fine IMO.

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 31st July 2016 at 12:08.
Old 31st July 2016, 12:12   #159
Senior - BHPian

This car looks so much better than the first. S-cross looked pretty good from the back already and now with this facelift the front looks have improved a lot and this also made the side profile better IMHO. A looker with that 1.6Ltr engine, Maruti after sales/service, I really should've waited for this one. Only change I would do is to put a mesh /honeycomb grill in place of those toothy grills.
Any news on when the car will be available in India? And what all the color options will we have? Will any petrol version be there?
Old 31st July 2016, 12:38   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
...But I don't understand why people always complain about part sharing. Few buttons here, few knobs there is very common and frankly acceptable. Even Mercedes does it...
Did you compare the part quality between a Mercedes and a Maruti? Seriously?! Part sharing is completely fine if it exudes quality (as per the segment / price of the product). The power window switches in the S-Cross are the same used in the Celerio / Alto(?) as well and doesn't have any premium feel to it. Neither all buttons are backlit (except driver side window's). Frankly those buttons feel out of place in a 8L Swift itself.

The lettering ('AUTO') on the switch fades in 2-3 years and leaves a very bad taste. Are you saying it's OK to use the same part in a 15L car (irrespective of the fact that it's used in other cars)? Dare I say, this is one of the reason why people can't digest the fact that Maruti indeed can be a premium manufacturer.

Now having said that, I have no problems with the gear knob or current steering (Swift / S-Cross) as it does look neat. The first gen Swift's steering was one level down in the "nicety" factor.

In comparison, you could try out the power window switches from Fiesta / Ecosport or even the City which are pretty low on the price comparatively and "feel" the quality.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st July 2016 at 12:42.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 13:12   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Welcome Raaj.

Yes, it's the best one from Maruti yet. But I don't understand why people always complain about part sharing. Few buttons here, few knobs there is very common and frankly acceptable. Even Mercedes does it.
Thanks McLaren,

I feel to each his own BUT considering S-Cross is sold through Nexa and the whole purpose is to distinguish cars sold through that channel on basis or "premium"ness, I think they should have distinguished products from normal channel in every aspect. Especially when S-Cross is being sold at premium price. They way I look at it, I will sit inside the car for 90% of my time and It will remind me of my swift. All that after I have paid a lot of money. I do not want that.

MS needs to understand that most potential buyers of S-Cross will be looking at it as an upgrade. In India majority of first time buyers will go for entry level offerings. That is why S-Cross needs to feel like an upgrade, which it is not IMHO.

Regarding Mercedes or for that matter Audis and BMWs, I really will not complain as they provide premium quality materials even in their entry level offerings.
raaj.bhalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 13:38   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did you compare the part quality between a Mercedes and a Maruti? Seriously?! Part sharing is completely fine if it exudes quality (as per the segment / price of the product).
In comparison, you could try out the power window switches from Fiesta / Ecosport or even the City which are pretty low on the price comparatively and "feel" the quality.
Why will I do that? My point was to the topic of part sharing only, which is done by every manufacturer.
If it is about Quality, then yes. Maruti has to improve vastly in that area; points that you have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Thanks McLaren,

I feel to each his own BUT considering S-Cross is sold through Nexa and the whole purpose is to distinguish cars sold through that channel on basis or "premium"ness, I think they should have distinguished products from normal channel in every aspect. Especially when S-Cross is being sold at premium price.
Regarding Mercedes or for that matter Audis and BMWs, I really will not complain as they provide premium quality materials even in their entry level offerings.
Correct. Maruti should have provided a refreshed interior (parts) in this car too. But given that it's a 2013 vehicle, that was kind of expected.

Quality, like I mentioned, is a different topic altogether. Especially given the current competition there is. But that has never been Maruti's forte. S-cross for that matter is a step in the right direction.

Change of topic: I was also told by the RM that the 2017 S-cross facelift would be provided only with the 1.6 320. Not completely sure if that's the correct info though. Only hope is that they maintain the current quality and not resort to cutting corners.
Read somewhere in the s-cross forum that they've deleted the plastic engine underbody guard from the current batch of cars.
Old 31st July 2016, 20:56   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Global SX4 S Cross - Outgoing design Vs Facelift - how the front stacks up!

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-capture.jpg

..and in Red,

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-0.jpg

Source: Suzukiblog

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st July 2016 at 21:26.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 08:31   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross facelift - Exterior and interior video,

Old 10th August 2016, 14:10   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Announces its main launches for the Upcoming Paris Show,

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-capture.jpg

1. Ignis - Europe launch in January 2017

2. S Cross facelift - Bookings open in EU, Sale in October 2016

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-0.jpg

Source- Global Suzuki

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th August 2016 at 14:20.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks