Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2017, 23:09   #511
BHPian

Re: Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Friends,

I have a great news to share with you all.

The Honourable Supreme court has rejected the plea of stay filed by the Government of Karnataka and had asked the state to refund the LTT collected after the atrocious ammendment was passed by the state legislature.

People who are desirous of seeking refund will furnish an undertaking that they will refund the amount of the SLP is decided in favour if the Gov't of Karnataka.

Waseem.....
Congratulations Waseem on this hard fought victory. More power to you and everyone behind this campaign.

As someone who was forced to pay LTT in less than a year, what is the process to claim refund? Would we have to approach the same RTO where the tax was paid? If yes, what documents need to be submitted?

While this is a great development, going by the track record of RTOs all over the country, getting money out of them will be tough task.
Old 25th October 2017, 20:54   #512
BHPian

Hi Waseem,
First congrats for the victory.

I was also affected by this and had to pay KA tax. I was asked to get KA RC but had the option of having same number(TN registered). Hence currently have KA RC with TN number
So what will be the process for me to get the refund? Will I get my old TN RC back? Or can I have the KA RC after refund?
Old 25th October 2017, 21:43   #513
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

Need some urgent information.

How many members have approached RTO for refund of road tax and what was their experience.

Waseem.
Old 25th October 2017, 22:58   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhul View Post
Hi Waseem,

First congrats for the victory.

I was also affected by this and had to pay KA tax. I was asked to get KA RC but had the option of having same number(TN registered). Hence currently have KA RC with TN number

So what will be the process for me to get the refund? Will I get my old TN RC back? Or can I have the KA RC after refund?

Congratulations to Waseem and team.

I'm also in same situation as Prabhul. Came from Mumbai, paid the LTT, registered at KA05. Now I have KA RTO RC smart card but the car having MH number.

Want to go for a new car but facing huge challenges in selling the car.
Old 26th October 2017, 13:38   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post

I'm also in same situation as Prabhul. Came from Mumbai, paid the LTT, registered at KA05. Now I have KA RTO RC smart card but the car having MH number.

What challenges are you facing in selling the car? I was in the same situation recently. 6 months back, I relocated to Bangalore from Delhi, and I paid the LTT here in KA RTO (Electronic City). After 1 month, I got the KA RC with my DL number. I was told, I can apply for the KA number, but only after 90 days. Since I wanted to purchase a new car, I sold my old car to True Value, and they took it without much issues. Last week they called me to inform that they have sold the car further, and got the KA number also done. I checked the details in RTO by sending the SMS with the new KA number, and got to see the new owner details updated at the RTO.
Repsol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 14:16   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post

I was in the same situation as you. Had paid LTT at Yelahanka RTO for my MH43 registered Fabia. Was informed that after 90 days the RTO will send KA registration by post - but it never came.

I sold off the car last year (about 14 months after paying LTT) to an individual, but the transfer could not take place immediately because the car was still riding on MH43 plates.

The buyer approached the local branch of AA and got the registration change done through them for a nominal fee. It took about 3 months and some follow up but eventually the Yelahanka RTO relented and released a KA50 number.
Rajeev1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 02:08   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
What challenges are you facing in selling the car?

Earlier I booked a car at Nexa, but later Nexa said you have to deposit 30k, once we sell the car, will refund, I canceled the booking. Hyundai dealer blatantly said they do not exchange car other than KA no. I have checked with other dealers, everybody quoted very low price.

I paid more LTT in Karnataka for 6 years old car than what I had paid for a new car at Navi Mumbai RTO.

Now, not getting proper price here as the car is having MH no. Moreover, I can not sell the car in Maharashtra as i have taken NOC from MH43 and the car now registered at Karnataka.

Before relocating to a new state, one should sell off their car, my honest opinion,
Old 30th October 2017, 20:46   #518
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

After the Supreme Court Verdict on refunds, how many of you all have applied for it and what was their experience.?

Our lawyer in Delhi wants to know if RTO officials are honoring the order of the Supreme Court.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 22:30   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Friends,

After the Supreme Court Verdict on refunds, how many of you all have applied for it and what was their experience.?

Our lawyer in Delhi wants to know if RTO officials are honoring the order of the Supreme Court.

Waseem.
You can include a mail ID to receive responses from non Bhpians who will not have posting access here.

Appreciate what you are doing. Thank you.
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 13:19   #520
BHPian

Hi Team,

I am moving to Karnataka next month and will be there for 6 to 9 months. As per theory i need not pay the life tax since this is going to be less than an year. But I am not sure how I can prove that i have been in the state only for less than 1 year especially since i am not good in Kannada.
NB : Not sure if this has already been answered though i did try to get an answer.
Old 6th November 2017, 20:11   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Hi Team,

I am moving to Karnataka next month and will be there for 6 to 9 months. As per theory i need not pay the life tax since this is going to be less than an year. But I am not sure how I can prove that i have been in the state only for less than 1 year especially since i am not good in Kannada.
NB : Not sure if this has already been answered though i did try to get an answer.
1, Preserve the toll bills-Get photocopies ASAP because the ink will fade away soon.
2, Get PUC, service done before you start and preserve the bills.
3, Please carry some fuel bills as well.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 09:35   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Hi Team,

I am moving to Karnataka next month and will be there for 6 to 9 months.
Adding to Waseem's advice:

DO NOT
1. Paste residence or office stickers on your vehicle
2. Carry any KA vehicle service bills among the usual car documents which might be spotted by the RTO folk.

DO

3. If possible, carry a carefully worded letter from your employer stating clearly the tenure and temporary nature of your transfer to BLR. Depending upon the circumstances, you CAN show it to them
4. Carry printout of the current judgement that Waseem pursued and won.

Sorry if it makes KA sound like an police state, but this is reality today

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th November 2017 at 09:57. Reason: Typo
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 10:32   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
DO NOT
1. Paste residence or office stickers on your vehicle
2. Carry any KA vehicle service bills among the usual car documents which might be spotted by the RTO folk.
One more - make sure that the address on your insurance cover note is not of Karnataka.

Last edited by binand : 7th November 2017 at 10:35.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:47   #524
Senior - BHPian

Recently I spotted a recovery van carrying illegally parked two wheeler (Neeladri Road - Electronic City). They had 4-5 inside and all of them were out of state vehicles. They did not touch illegally parked Karnataka registered vehicles. New trick to threaten and loot more money?

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th November 2017 at 14:53.
Old 7th November 2017, 20:06   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Recently I spotted a recovery van carrying illegally parked two wheeler (Neeladri Road - Electronic City). They had 4-5 inside and all of them were out of state vehicles. They did not touch illegally parked Karnataka registered vehicles. New trick to threaten and loot more money?
I guess this has been happening for some years now. My KL registration bike was taken by the cops some 6 years back though my bike was in the parking zone. They didnt even touch the ones parked outside the area. I had to go to the police station, give cash to some police man and then get the vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks