Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2017, 17:20   #496
BHPian

Re: Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!

Respect to Waseem and the efforts he put in.Though personally not effected was part of the movement started against this unjust system and saw the leadership displayed by Waseem.
This is the way democracy and peoples participation can bring about meaningful change.
masin4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 08:41   #497
Senior - BHPian

Today's Deccan Herald.

Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!-img20170905wa0008.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2017 at 15:23. Reason: Correcting image orientation
SILVERWOOD is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 10:19   #498
BHPian

Great work Waseem !

I came across this article:

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...efund-tax.html

"On a plea by Additional Advocate General Devadatt Kamat that it would be difficult to trace the vehicle owners in case the state succeeded with its plea before the apex court, the bench said the authorities can take an endorsement from the owners that the refund of the amount would be subject to the outcome of the appeal."

What does this mean? You will only get your tax refunded if the appeal is denied ?
Old 5th September 2017, 10:37   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Great work Waseem !

I came across this article:

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...efund-tax.html

"On a plea by Additional Advocate General Devadatt Kamat that it would be difficult to trace the vehicle owners in case the state succeeded with its plea before the apex court, the bench said the authorities can take an endorsement from the owners that the refund of the amount would be subject to the outcome of the appeal."

What does this mean? You will only get your tax refunded if the appeal is denied ?
The order is attached for more clarity.

Waseem.
Attached Thumbnails
Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!-screenshot_2017090510293478.png  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 11:48   #500
BHPian

What it means is that you can claim your refund, but would have to pay it back if the State of Karnataka succeeds in its appeal.
Old 6th September 2017, 00:14   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Friends,

I have a great news to share with you all.

The Honourable Supreme court has rejected the plea of stay filed by the Government of Karnataka and had asked the state to refund the LTT collected after the atrocious ammendment was passed by the state legislature.

People who are desirous of seeking refund will furnish an undertaking that they will refund the amount of the SLP is decided in favour if the Gov't of Karnataka.

Our hard work of 4 years is finally paid off.Long live our Judiciary.

Jai Hind.

Waseem.....
Waseem you have no measure how many of us feel so greatly grateful for your efforts.

I have had one more important issue which can be raised in a PIL to get the accounts of where all the LTT money has been used all these years by the state, and to get an order directing the state that the LTT money collected cannot be used for any other purpose other than construction of roads and related infrastructure. Let me know how you want to take this ahead, I can be of help in this for sure.
zulfi hansi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 08:44   #502
Senior - BHPian

Today's The Hindu.

https://epaper.thehindu.com/Home/Sha...Id=GBM2E2LOO.1
Attached Thumbnails
Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!-screenshot_2017090607102204.png  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 10:19   #503
BHPian

Great job sir. It is no easy task to take the state government on and win.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2017 at 18:59. Reason: typo
Old 6th September 2017, 13:45   #504
Senior - BHPian

Great job Waseem.
With this ruling , I see a hypothetical situation:
An owner of a vehicle applies and gets the refund from the Karnataka government, and lets say the Govt at a later date wins the case. If the car is moved back to the state of origin or sold off. Then what happens to the LTT refund which is due to be paid back as per the U/T. Will the old or new buyer need to pay?

Last edited by hrman : 6th September 2017 at 13:47.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 13:53   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
1. Can I register back in my original STATE without registering over here. I contacted an RTO officer of Ghaziabad RTO and he said since they have issued me the NOC, it is important for me to register it in that particular RTO(Bangalore). Is it the case or is there any other way I can avoid registering my car over here and get it registered back at my original RTO place since I have to move back again after a year.
Well sadly you will need to register in BLR and then re-register in Gzb RTO.
Its a painful and tedious process.
I have been following up on the refund of my car after acquiring the NOC from Bangalore and submitting it in Gzb RTO.
Apparently I have been issued a new number for my vehicle [sadly I cannot even acquire the older number I had].

You need to fill in Form 16 [Application for Tax Refund] and submit it in RTO in BLR along with a copy of the new RC [issued by Gzb RTO]
Old 7th September 2017, 13:59   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Well sadly you will need to register in BLR and then re-register in Gzb RTO.
Its a painful and tedious process.
I have been following up on the refund of my car after acquiring the NOC from Bangalore and submitting it in Gzb RTO.
Apparently I have been issued a new number for my vehicle [sadly I cannot even acquire the older number I had].

You need to fill in Form 16 [Application for Tax Refund] and submit it in RTO in BLR along with a copy of the new RC [issued by Gzb RTO]
Dear Sir,

All he has to do is to get a NUC for Bangalore RTO and submit it at Ghaziabad RTO.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 19:21   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Waseem you have no measure how many of us feel so greatly grateful for your efforts.

I have had one more important issue which can be raised in a PIL to get the accounts of where all the LTT money has been used all these years by the state, and to get an order directing the state that the LTT money collected cannot be used for any other purpose other than construction of roads and related infrastructure. Let me know how you want to take this ahead, I can be of help in this for sure.
You can file a RTI and seek information on the amount spend by Karnataka Govt on roads.PIL would not be necessary for the same.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 15:36   #508

Congratulations to all who worked on it and especially to Wassim, I still remember your timely help during the time my vehicle was siezed by Yelahanka RTO. We were able to get it released in 1 week with your help. Thank you for your unselfish act.
hobbit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 18:22   #509
BHPian

Great job!
Related query: Can this be used as precedence to get refund from Telangana state govt?
Old 13th September 2017, 11:00   #510
Senior - BHPian

Today's TOI.

I am not sure in which court they are going to file the appeal.

AFAIK, they have only two options.They can file a review petition which will be heard by the same bench.

The other option is curative petition which is rarely entertained if they demonstrate some manifest error in the order and the error has to be on a major point of law and not fact or procedure.Curative petitions are generally entertained when order violates fundamental rights of citizens and in this case,this order has upheld rights of citizens which is mentioned in Article 21 of our constitution.

Waseem.
Attached Thumbnails
Out-of-state cars can run on Karnataka roads for 1 year!-apa.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks