Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2018, 12:41   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

A quick question, If wanted projectors and the inbuilt infotainment system in the Diesel AMT version, I can't have it right? The combination is limited to only ZDI plus AMT and there is no ZDI+ plus AMT?
Old 19th March 2018, 21:45   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
A quick question, If wanted projectors and the inbuilt infotainment system in the Diesel AMT version, I can't have it right? The combination is limited to only ZDI plus AMT and there is no ZDI+ plus AMT?
One of my close friend enquired the same. He got a reply from a bangalore based dealer that "infotainment system is possible, but projectors and DRLS are not possible because this is a complete setup of automatic headlamps with light sensor and a dedicated 'automatic light' button."
I remember that I have read about this inbuilt infotainment system getting installed around 50-60k in Mumbai.
I am pretty sure, you would have also seen other aftermarket options like pioneer/Sony which are being offered under MSIL's own icreate accessories. A system with android auto is really helpful.
Moto_mo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 23:59   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Is there any chance of Maruti Suzuki launching the new Swift with the 1.0L BoosterJet engine any time soon?
Old 21st March 2018, 16:14   #1009
BHPian

Got Delivery of my Red Vxi 2 days back. One noticeable point to me is the driver seat height adjustment range. The range is really long and at the highest point, you get the feel of a mini SUVish position. I last sat in a swift 10 yrs back and it definitely is a fun place to be. Seats are cozy and everything in reach
Paleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 01:40   #1010
BHPian

Took a test drive of the manual petrol swift today. Am looking for a car primarily for my mom to replace her Alto k10. We were interested in the Auto(AGS) version but sadly no test drive vehicle was available.

Much has been discussed about the exterior looks and my mom found the rear a little bulbous, especially the tail lamps and dint quite like the rear door handle positions but overall the new swift looks a little cute, fine with mom but dad gives it a thumbs down

Coming to the interiors, i loved the new swifts interior design over the baleno, dzire and the ignis! Really looked sporty however plastic quality seemed OK, frankly ,knowing maruti, i dint expect any large improvement here. Everything looks fine except those power window switches, looks generations old.

Coming to the drive, it seemed good to me(as described by most BHPians), light steering and light body did not inspire confidence at all but not a dealbraker for me,(would be driving my 2011 Figo mostly) and mom dint find anything wrong with it.

We did test drive the Baleno, Ignis and petrol Figo and felt the swift was the most balanced, however for almost 8.4lakhs on road for the new gen ZXI AGS, Maruti has equipped this ZXI the same as the previous gen and offers the newer goodies on the + variants. Auto dimming mirrors and an armrest are glaring misses from the entire range,not to mention extra airbags!

The bigger baleno is very closely priced and does have quite a few good plus points over the swift but for us the bigger dimensions are a negative plus the bland and aging interiors coupled with the CVT's lower mileage over the AGS( we are looking at mileage over smoothness) pushed us closer to the Swift!

Will be deciding whether we need the ZXI or the VXi AGS but would be booking it in the first week of April. Seeing maruti is trying to improve its image of making unsafe cars(the showroom had couple of big posters highlighting the swifts safety features) i hope the new swift is safe as claimed and not a death trap like the alto k10!

regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 22nd March 2018 at 02:00.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:28   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Am looking for a car primarily for my mom to replace her Alto k10.

Sorry for OT post.
But may I ask you to visit Tata showroom and test drive the Tiago XZA?
It's a perfect city car with small dimensions.
Plastic quality is way better than Swift for sure.
Sound quality awesome and system has few more additional features than the non touch screen unit of Z versions of Swift.

....and a big plus is you could save close to 1.5 - 1.75 lakhs.

Give it a try at least by test driving and do try the Sports mode, you would barely feel the AMT jerks.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 18:30   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Sorry for OT post.
But may I ask you to visit Tata showroom and test drive the Tiago XZA?
It's a perfect city car with small dimensions.
Plastic quality is way better than Swift for sure.
Sound quality awesome and system has few more additional features than the non touch screen unit of Z versions of Swift.

....and a big plus is you could save close to 1.5 - 1.75 lakhs.

Give it a try at least by test driving and do try the Sports mode, you would barely feel the AMT jerks.
Sorry MODS, this is going to be a long OT post!

We did take the tiago MT for a test drive, the AMT was not available.The two points that worked against the tiago were, first being the engine, it was OK, nothing great plus it was noisy and my mom dint like it and most importantly the tata service here in Goa is still about average.
6 months ago i checked out the dealership when choosing between the hexa and xuv and from then till now everything is same, very lethargic. They are Ok for normal service from what i gather but tend to be disinterested in service unless you escalate higher up, something my mom wont have the patience with. Also my parents are against tata since we had alot of issues with our old indigo and seeing the current state, it doesn't inspire confidence, difficult to shake off past experiences. They know maruti and ford service people well and can see the vast difference between the two so i guess they are sticking with what they know best.

For me personally i wouldn't be against owning a tata car even with their current state in goa since i know how much tata has improved pan india and its only time till they do so in Goa but i wouldn't want to force my mom to own something against her will and then later deal with the current service as i would be moving out of the state soon.

For now maruti is best for no nonsense people and the swift is not a bad car, just a little feature poor for the lower variants.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 23rd March 2018 at 18:31.
rambo1o1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 00:18   #1013
BANNED

Source: https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le23357129.ece

Booking crosses 1lakh mark.

Interesting facts:

"Maruti’s internal research revealed that style has emerged the top among the three reasons for a customer opting for the new Swift.

About one in four (26 per cent) are buying the the new Swift for style (26 per cent) followed by features and Maruti Suzuki brand.

“ Earlier generation customers considered Swift primarily for Maruti Suzuki brand (21 per cent) followed by looks and mileage. Top variant of Swift accounts for about 31 per cent of the total bookings,” said the official."

Last edited by romeomidhun : 27th March 2018 at 00:19.
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 08:48   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to have a close look of new Swift over weekend. Some obvious questions and the sales person was not having an answer.

1. The GC. I found that the central portion under the chassis is lower than that on the sides of chassis. I was under an impression that the sides of chassis are to prevent the car's bottom from rubbing against high obstacles on road including speed breakers. But here I could see the reverse. For any bigger speed breaker the central portion will rub first. No answer from the SA. He rather started giving some examples of not a single case has been reported with such a thing. May be true, it was mere an observation from my side.
2. The interior quality. As many BHPians mentioned, it is not great. The novelty is seen only because of new styling of the interiors. Since I have an ertiga, I was simply comparing every aspect w.r.t. that. Asked him about that, again no answer from SA (as expected ).

It seems to be a great car, but IMHO only the low GC is a big concern, specifically in areas with huge speed bumps. Are there any cases with bottom of chassis getting scratched? Or is it just my observation?
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 11:09   #1015
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
It seems to be a great car, but IMHO only the low GC is a big concern, specifically in areas with huge speed bumps.
To avoid the issue, either we have to cross the hump in a non-90 degree angle (if the traffic permits that), or, all the humps have to be laid at a non-90 degree angle with the length of the road, like this...
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-roadsasfundamentalright.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 27th March 2018 at 11:12.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 11:33   #1016
BHPian

I've seen idiots take non 90 deg manoeuvres even in crazy traffic.

But let me clear the doubts. I have gone over not-so-well designed humps that are acute, with 2 people on board and nothing bottomed. (People in Pune would know the infamous ones in front of Gold Gym Magarpatta). I dont think GC is a big concern (not tried fully loaded though)
Old 27th March 2018, 14:01   #1017
Distinguished - BHPian

New Swift has become one of the most coveted cars in India to breach one lakh booking number in the shortest time. !

- Over one lakh bookings have come in for the Maruti Suzuki’s new Swift in about 10 weeks of its launch. (Dzire that has touched one lakh booking in 12-14 weeks.)

- 15 % of customers have opted for auto gear shift variants.

- Current waiting period for the new Swift is 8-10 weeks.

- Delivered 25,000 units of 2018 Swift in just 40 days since its February 8th launch.

- STYLE has emerged the top among the three reasons for a customer opting for the new Swift. ( 26 % of buyers)

- Features and Maruti Suzuki brand are the other two reasons

- 31% of the total bookings are for the Top variants

- The booking trend indicates, 2018 Swift sales will touch new highs in the coming months.

Interestingly the earlier generation Swift had the brand , looks and mileage as the top 3 reasons for buying the Swift.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th March 2018 at 14:19.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 15:36   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- Over one lakh bookings have come in for the Maruti Suzuki’s new Swift in about 10 weeks of its launch. (Dzire that has touched one lakh booking in 12-14 weeks.)
We would also like to know, if some percentage of these bookings had been eaten up from Baleno's pie? The sales figures of the next couple of months may help us conclude.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 08:52   #1019
BHPian

2018 Swift gets 3 star safety rating as against 5 star rating of old Swift. Company claims that the new 2018 Swift is positioned on a lightweight platform making the car lighter.

Source

(Note : This is Euro NCAP rating. Wonder how the Indian Swift is)

Last edited by The Brutailer : 28th March 2018 at 08:53.
The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 09:19   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
2018 Swift gets 3 star safety rating as against 5 star rating of old Swift. Company claims that the new 2018 Swift is positioned on a lightweight platform making the car lighter.

Source

(Note : This is Euro NCAP rating. Wonder how the Indian Swift is)
So when I saw newer Swifts on the road, it looked like the old one went on diet and had the exact question of impact on safety. This seems to confirm it.
Pacifier is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks