Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 15:27   #541
BHPian

Re: The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Fair chances that the other one gets chosen, went to see Gita but you found Mita more fitting . Overall, Renault family will be happier. And one day the customers (real SUV enthusiast) will realise that owning an SUV is for Fun and adventure, not for features and gimmicks.
That's a nice take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I took delivery of my captur RXT, 3 days back.

I am really impressed, when comparing with my old 85 ps duster, it is a premium product.
Congratulations. The front view looks amazing. Which brand is stock tyre?
Man..they should launch Captur in AWD avatar
Old 8th December 2017, 18:12   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase. The other day I saw this standing next to a Jeep Compass which was in Jeep's own dealership, it doesn't look small when seen in reality, it does look good. For me its a very nice looking car, only grudge I have is it should have had a better looking dashboard layout.

But overall what the Captur is offering even from the base variant is awesome. Wonder what is turning off from people not buying this, in past it was raining Duster's.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 18:19   #543
BHPian

Hi Mods,

When can we expect the team-bhp review to come out on Captur?

Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 18:45   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
.... Duster has its own fan club & with the upcoming 2018 Duster, it is only going to increase so as the sales People who like Butch SUV looks & ruggedness, ...
Being a Duster owner, this is music to my ears. Duster has been pushed to a niche vehicle. Getting the 2L engine on the new one with some safety and convenience features it is missing now, is likely to increase sales and delight fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
...IMHO, it's difficult to digest Captur as SUV because of the design blunder by Renault. Please note that, ergonomic issues continues in Captur also ... Interiors are average ( Little better than Duster ) but no where close to competition ( Creta ). So for me, Captur seems like "Dead On Arrival".
Captur carries the Renault's European urban chic design on the exterior, which to me is on par with a Magane or Clio - they have their appeal on city streets. I am sure you didn't mean this, but the masses in our country associate SUV with a Pajero or Fortuner. So Captur is going to suffer.

Interior is another story - needs to match the exterior to appeal to the folks who will typically consider this vehicle.
subuiyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 23:08   #545
BHPian

Quote:

I am really impressed, when comparing with my old 85 ps duster, it is a premium product.

You get all the great features of Duster packed in a premium wrapping.
Looking forward to a review from you on this product. You kind of echo what I felt on seeing this product. I use a Terrano today.
Old 9th December 2017, 01:52   #546
BHPian

Quote:
I am really impressed when comparing with my old 85 ps duster, it is a premium product.
Wow! congratulations on being one of the earliest buyers from the forum of this beautiful machine, that color goes well with the Captur's design. Would love to see a detailed review of the car, especially it's drive quality when compared to the Duster and NVH.
Old 9th December 2017, 23:57   #547
BHPian

Had a test drive of Captur today. My observations:
1. Looks good, but no where near its competitors.
2. Drives similar to Duster, similar turbo lag of 110 hp model, and in rush of adrenalin at higher rpm, simply superb.
3. Feels premium inside out. But from inside doesn't look like an SUV, rather more like a premium hatchback.

I, as per my limited experience and today's encounter, Captur will find it little difficult to prove itself at this price point.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-20171209_235459.png  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-20171209_235607.jpg  

Last edited by kbishwa : 9th December 2017 at 23:59. Reason: Missed word
kbishwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 08:05   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Had a test drive of Captur today. My observations:
1. Looks good, but no where near its competitors.
2. Drives similar to Duster, similar turbo lag of 110 hp model, and in rush of adrenalin at higher rpm, simply superb.
3. Feels premium inside out. But from inside doesn't look like an SUV, rather more like a premium hatchback.

I, as per my limited experience and today's encounter, Captur will find it little difficult to prove itself at this price point.
Thank you very much kbishwa for sharing these pics.

Observations from my end:

1) The front looks really uninspiring.
2)Cant really stand the inconsistent Shutline in this premium product really. For instance, I could easily push my fingers in the gap between the Bonnet and the front Grill. The rear is really Kwid-inspired for me.

Not sure if this is worth the premium it commands.

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 10th December 2017 at 08:07.
Old 10th December 2017, 12:41   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
That's a nice take.

Congratulations. The front view looks amazing. Which brand is stock tyre?
Man..they should launch Captur in AWD avatar
Thanks, stock tyres from apollo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Congrats on your purchase. The other day I saw this standing next to a Jeep Compass which was in Jeep's own dealership, it doesn't look small when seen in reality, it does look good. For me its a very nice looking car, only grudge I have is it should have had a better looking dashboard layout.

But overall what the Captur is offering even from the base variant is awesome. Wonder what is turning off from people not buying this, in past it was raining Duster's.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Looking forward to a review from you on this product. You kind of echo what I felt on seeing this product. I use a Terrano today.
Thanks and wish to share more details soon. Car feels more well built and wholesome compared to my old duster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Wow! congratulations on being one of the earliest buyers from the forum of this beautiful machine, that color goes well with the Captur's design. Would love to see a detailed review of the car, especially it's drive quality when compared to the Duster and NVH.
Thanks.
Old 10th December 2017, 19:17   #550
BHPian

Biggest ergonomic disaster is the distance of the back of console with clutch pedal. That's a definite deal breaker else Captur ride/ handling and performance and NVH are top notch. I can confirm this as I had a back to back test drive of Captur and then S cross
Old 11th December 2017, 22:21   #551
BHPian

Quote:

You get all the great features of Duster packed in a premium wrapping.
Congratulations! Do post pictures of the interiors as well. Looking forward to your ownership report
Old 13th December 2017, 18:39   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Congratulations! Do post pictures of the interiors as well. Looking forward to your ownership report
I am uploading some pictures of interior. I will upload more, if anyone interested.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1120.jpg  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1119.jpg  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1121.jpg  

Last edited by anilntny : 13th December 2017 at 18:40.
anilntny is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 12:59   #553
BHPian

Hi Aniltnty, Can you comment on the overall ergonomics of the car? In my short test drive, i had felt that clutch position was a bit awkward. Long drives may be a bit difficult because of this.

Also do the interiors for Rxt vary based on the exterior colour.

Why did you not go for the platine variant? After all the price difference is not much and you do get some added features like the extra airbags , leather interiors and the cosmetic changes too.
Old 14th December 2017, 14:11   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi Aniltnty, Can you comment on the overall ergonomics of the car? In my short test drive, i had felt that clutch position was a bit awkward. Long drives may be a bit difficult because of this.

Also do the interiors for Rxt vary based on the exterior colour.

Why did you not go for the platine variant? After all the price difference is not much and you do get some added features like the extra airbags , leather interiors and the cosmetic changes too.
I felt the ergonomics, way better than that of duster. I didn't like all beige look of platine.

I am finding clutch position just fine and light. Maybe you should have adjusted the seating position a bit more.

Sharing some more photos of interior.

Please note that captur comes with an updated version of medianav known as medianav evolution. The 4 speaker 2 tweeter system is tuned by arkamys. I am really surprised with the audio quality (was expecting average performance only)

https://www.arkamys.com/
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1131.jpg  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1133.jpg  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1132.jpg  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1139.jpg  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1137.jpg  

The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs-img_1138.jpg  

Last edited by anilntny : 14th December 2017 at 14:14.
anilntny is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 17:40   #555
BHPian

I am in the market to buy an SUV in the 12L OTR range. I test drove the Captur a couple of times. It was a petrol which is the engine I am looking to buy.

The ride and handling is very good. Firmly planted on the road. My Brother owns a Duster which I have driven a lot. The ride is similar.

The interiors are a plush version of Duster. Nothing flashy but decent. The petrol engine had good pulling power from second gear onwards. I was satisfied with drive except for one issue I faced is that the Clutch pedal is very small. My shoe was slipping off every time. Before commencing the second test drive I had a good look at the clutch pedal and its positioning. It was very small compared to the brake pedal. The sales person said a bigger clutch pedal cover can be fixed as an accessory. There is no dead pedal either. If my foot reached the top end of the clutch pedal when turning the steering wheel I could feel the turn on my foot as well

Coming to the seating position and other ergonomics this seems to be a well rounded SUV. Enough space for 3 adults in the rear bench.Legroom is much better than the Duster. The boot is spacious as well.

Looks are very different. Its like more of a crossover than a SUV. Because of this it is a standout looker for sure in the crowd!

The Base RXE comes loaded with a lot of features. I am looking at the RXE and the only features which I am missing are the parcel tray and rear parking sensor which I can always fix it after market. The RXE has the push button start as well!! Never heard of in a base variant.
sameer sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks