Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2017, 22:12   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a word from the dealer. The relaxed attitude of VW about the Tiguan makes me wonder if they are really interested in any volumes or is this a check box exercise to prove to the Global management that they introduced so many models in India this year and met that metric, even though they failed in revenue and profits.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th July 2017 at 22:14.
Old 11th July 2017, 08:19   #422
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen imports the Tiguan. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27 - 31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I saw the Tiguan on the road for the first time today. Was disappointed to see how plain jane it looks, blends in with our regular traffic completely without standing out one bit.
Yes, I too saw one on Sunday and it appeared as the same size as the Yeti. While we all abhor Skoda, must say, the Kodiaq looks smashing, at least from whatever I have seen on the web.
Old 11th July 2017, 19:51   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricing has reached the dealer but their accounts department is working on it further... Probably means figuring out how much they can slap on for insurance, "handling charges" and "essential accessories". In any case they have promised to share latest by tomorrow.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 20:28   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Pricing has reached the dealer but their accounts department is working on it further... Probably means figuring out how much they can slap on for insurance, "handling charges" and "essential accessories". In any case they have promised to share latest by tomorrow.
I hope they will be generous and grab the opportunity as they have a good product in hand. Except cost I do not believe there is anything going against Tiguan.

I see the Tiguan price is updated in VW site now.

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...uan/price.html

Just 2L correction. I am disappointed!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2017 at 23:05. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 10:21   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I hope they will be generous and grab the opportunity as they have a good product in hand. Except cost I do not believe there is anything going against Tiguan.

I see the Tiguan price is updated in VW site now.

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...uan/price.html

Just 2L correction. I am disappointed!
Thanks for getting us the news before any dealers could!

Yes, assuming the prices on the site are valid all over India, the old price ex-showroom Chennai for Highline variant was Rs. 31,98,300 and the revised one is Rs. 29,83,300 - A difference of 2.15 Lacs.

The old price for comfortline was Rs. 28,47,743 and the new price is Rs. 26,56,200 - so a reduction of 1.9 Lacs.

Very disappointing indeed. I expect the on-road prices will be close to Rs. 36.3 lacs in Chennai post GST for the Highline and Rs. 32.2 lacs for the Comfortline - making the highline more expensive than the top end 4X4 models of the Fortuner and Endeavour.
Old 12th July 2017, 10:32   #426
BHPian

Onroad price will be around 37.5 for HL and 33.5 for CL in Bangalore is what I hear.
Yes it is more than Fortuner and Endeavour and all of a sudden they both appear to be VFM.
Seriously confused now. If it was 35L onroad for HL, I would have made by booking today.
Old 12th July 2017, 10:42   #427
Team-BHP Support

Still having a good premium over the already overpriced Tucson.

R 2.0 6-Speed Automatic GL 22,47,052
R 2.0 6-Speed Automatic GLS 23,86,351

Tiguan Comfortline Diesel 26,56,200/-
Tiguan Highline Diesel 29,83,300/-

And surprisingly, you get the 3.2L 4*4 AT Endeavour for few thousands less, panoramic sunroof included.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th July 2017 at 10:47.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 12:13   #428
Senior - BHPian

Seems like VW is happy selling a few units & remain on the sidelines forever. I looked forward to getting the Tiguan since 2010, when I got my VW Vento HL out of frustration !!

Now it launched at this ridiculous price. Seems like the 3.2 AT Endy makes a lot more sense at this price point. Tucson also stands to benefit from this pricing !!

Everyone seems to get it, other than VW. Even the Jeep Compass stands head & shoulder above this entire segment.

At some point it was Tiguan in my mind - all the way. Now though it's #1 Compass #2 Tucson #3 Tiguan with the Endy being a strong candidate as well, though a segment above !!

Just my thoughts

Cheers
Old 12th July 2017, 12:30   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Seems like VW is happy selling a few units & remain on the sidelines forever. I looked forward to getting the Tiguan since 2010, when I got my VW Vento HL out of frustration !!

Now it launched at this ridiculous price. Seems like the 3.2 AT Endy makes a lot more sense at this price point. Tucson also stands to benefit from this pricing !!

Everyone seems to get it, other than VW. Even the Jeep Compass stands head & shoulder above this entire segment.

At some point it was Tiguan in my mind - all the way. Now though it's #1 Compass #2 Tucson #3 Tiguan with the Endy being a strong candidate as well, though a segment above !!

Just my thoughts

Cheers
The pricing for the Tiguan is suicidal.Tucson seems to be VFM compared to Tiguan when Tucson itself is highly overpriced.

There is a 3 year free maintenance package with the Tucson.Does this cover all service and maintenance costs for 3 years?
Old 12th July 2017, 12:37   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post

There is a 3 year free maintenance package with the Tucson.Does this cover all service and maintenance costs for 3 years?
Yes , everything is included in it.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 14:44   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tiguan has one thing on it's side which is AWD - but how effective is the AWD?

I have seen many reports from the off-road drives planned and organized by VW; but in reality how would the vehicle fare off road?
Would it manage to take on competition from bigger cars, similar to the Duster/Yeti (which ideally it should), or would it be more of a CR-V AWD?

I am asking as I would like my next car to be something I can take out of town on road trips, and even venture into some unknown territory once in a while.
Size is important as 80% of the time will be spent fighting city traffic, as is an Auto gearbox.

This car seems to promise me all of that and I wouldn't mind paying the premium for it (there is really no other option except a butch, too big to park anywhere, Endeavour / Fortuner).

But if it cannot go any further than a soft-roader; it would make more sense for me to save money and pick up a Corolla/Octavia/Tucson/X1 instead.
Old 12th July 2017, 16:22   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Chennai prices:

Comfortline

Ex-Showroom : 26,56,200
Insurance : 1,12,212
TCS: 26,562
RTO: 4,00, 730
Logistics: 10,000
On-Road: 32,05,703

Highline
Ex-Showroom: 29,83,300
Insurance: 1,24,825
TCS: 29,833
RTO: 4,49,795
On-Road: 35,97,754

Extended Warranty is on top of this (67,226) Phew!

My reading is that this is now definitely over-priced and VW has not made enough efforts to use the GST opportunity wisely. The least they could have done is to bring in the Comfortline below 30 Lacs on-road, they would have then had a fighting chance against the top end Jeep Compass, which is expected to come in at 22-23 lacs ex-showroom/26-27 Lacs on road.

My guess is being of the same family genes, Skoda will also try such over-optimistic pricing strategies with the Kodiaq, probably landing it above the 40-lac on-road price point.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 12th July 2017 at 16:27.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 17:54   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The Tiguan has one thing on it's side which is AWD - but how effective is the AWD?

But if it cannot go any further than a soft-roader; it would make more sense for me to save money and pick up a Corolla/Octavia/Tucson/X1 instead.
I am on the same boat as you. Can't find anything better around 35L that can be sedan like on highway and get you out safely in difficult conditions. Also a car like cabin that is comfortable and plush is in my wish list. So there is so much going in favor for Tiguan except the price.

I have seen YouTube videos where Tiguan handles some decent enough off-road on slush and snow in Europe. It certainly can't do anything extreme.

I would assume, AWD would be beneficial for highway drive on a rainy day and would give better traction and improve overall safety. And I usually go to places with my CEDIA that typical Sedans would shy to. I have missed better ground clearance and AWD in such situations.

If I want to do some serious off-road, I would rather get a second hand THAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Chennai prices:

Comfortline

Ex-Showroom : 26,56,200
Insurance : 1,12,212
TCS: 26,562
RTO: 4,00, 730
On-Road: 32,05,703

Highline
Ex-Showroom: 29,83,300
Insurance: 1,24,825
TCS: 29,833
RTO: 4,49,795
On-Road: 35,97,754

Extended Warranty is on top of this (67,226) Phew!
Wow! RTO charges make a big difference in Chennai.
Bangalore on-road prices are 37.6 and 33.5.
These guys have made my decision very tough
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 18:08   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post

If I want to do some serious off-road, I would rather get a second hand THAR.
But maintaining, and parking a second vehicle like that Thar would just be a pain, especially in Mumbai, especially if it is just going to be used for occasional off-roading drives.
Beauty would lie if there was one vehicle that could transport me around in peace, do the occasional off-roading, not be too bulky in the city, and be a great companion for highway inter-city runs.

I would like a car that I can take to the forests, can take to site (I am into real estate development), etc., but also something that would allow me to enjoy the smooth highways en-route Goa, etc.

The feeling is just compounded with all the road work happening in Mumbai, along with the monsoons setting in. In the sedan I am constantly looking around for bumps, avoiding kaccha roads, etc. while SUVs are flying past.
Old 12th July 2017, 19:41   #435
BHPian

@lamborghini - You and I have very similar requirements and use case. Plunge or wait for Kodiaq is the decision I have to make.

Skoda usually undercuts VW. So couple of more lakhs and you can have a 7-seater crossover with everything Tiguan would offer.

I have test driven Fortuner and Endeavour. Don't feel like they are for me and leaves me with very few choices in the 35-40L bracket. Recent price correction on those have made me think though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks