Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2017, 12:11   #511
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

The guys at classic Honda in Faridabad promised to get the car delivered in a month. As per them , they would get their schedule tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed. If they don't manage to give me a definite date I will immediately cancel the booking and book the S-Cross at Nexa showroom across the street. I can't pander to artificial waiting games of Honda.
Old 1st May 2017, 12:16   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
The guys at classic Honda in Faridabad promised to get the car delivered in a month. As per them , they would get their schedule tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed. If they don't manage to give me a definite date I will immediately cancel the booking and book the S-Cross at Nexa showroom across the street. I can't pander to artificial waiting games of Honda.
Deal directly with the GM of classic Honda. He is quite helpful and will give you a precise date. The SA over there have the tendency of giving a run around. Quoting from my personal experience.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 20:53   #513
BHPian

Quote:

Same here, I am also told to get exact delivery date according to May schedule by tomorrow. Let's hope for the best 😀
abhi1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 22:38   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Same here, I am also told to get exact delivery date according to May schedule by tomorrow. Let's hope for the best 😀
Have you also booked your car at classic Honda ?
Old 2nd May 2017, 06:51   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Have you also booked your car at classic Honda ?
Yes, Classic Honda Faridabad. It is via company lease, and all formalities and even PO is done.
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:03   #516
BHPian

Quote:

Which SCross are you referring to here 1.3 or 1.6? I am in the same fix among scross 1.3, 1.6, ecosport Titanium or wrv top end diesel?
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:10   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

The WR-V is off to an excellent start - booking numbers have reached 12,000 in the past 45-odd days since the crossover's launch. (link)

Looks like the sunroof is doing it's magical trick!

Even my immediate neighbour has bought one recently (the first one in our city) because of the Honda badge and the sunroof, preferring it over the EcoSport and the Vitara Brezza.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 19:32   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The WR-V is off to an excellent start - booking numbers have reached 12,000 in the past 45-odd days since the crossover's launch. (link)

Looks like the sunroof is doing it's magical trick!

Even my immediate neighbour has bought one recently (the first one in our city) because of the Honda badge and the sunroof, preferring it over the EcoSport and the Vitara Brezza.
Not only the sunroof....the car itself is a magic . I had opportunity to drive the diesel version on national highway for over 300 kms in a single stretch. To my surprise it gave me an average of 25km/lit. It is rubbish to say that it's diesel engine is noisy. Acceleration is well comparable with petrol engine. As far as highway driving is concerned I would say diesel engine is certainly more comfortable. I have driven several compact suvs on highways. In this regard I would say WR-V is unique. It is a delight to drive it on a long journey.
koushik is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 07:24   #519
Senior - BHPian

Saw WRV for the first time outside my gym last night. Was in a hurry so couldn't check it out properly but my first impressions were it looks bigger and much better than Jazz and I dare say better looking than Ecosport and Brezza as well. And that sunroof(which I feel is not required in Indian climatic conditions) gives it a premium profile. No doubt it's attracting typical indian buyers who loves looks and style.

@koushik- No surprises there. My diesel City gives me in between 23-26kmpl on highways and I am not a sedate driver so such average is expected from WRV. Diesel engine never gets its due cos of its nvh which I don't feel is noisy, especially once the music is on you barely notice it running. But, its a gem of an engine to drive in City and Highways alike.
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:14   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Yes, Classic Honda Faridabad. It is via company lease, and all formalities and even PO is done.
They have got only two cars in today's schedule. Which color did you book ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Which SCross are you referring to here 1.3 or 1.6? I am in the same fix among scross 1.3, 1.6, ecosport Titanium or wrv top end diesel?
If I don't get my car (W-RV diesel VX) this time then I will happily go ahead with S-Cross 1.3 zeta. I would have loved to go for 1.6 alpha but its simply beyond my budget.

No offense meant to any one but I feel that, how ever they may be marketed but S-Cross and W-RV are better cars by being full fledged premium hatchbacks rather than a pseudo SUV that's neither here nor there.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 3rd May 2017 at 18:22.
Old 4th May 2017, 10:39   #521
BHPian

just a thought : can you open up the rear seats, install handrest and make it split folding 60:40 ? for the WRV
Old 4th May 2017, 16:36   #522
BHPian

Just had a talk with the SA. He is saying that this month also, there is no probability of me getting the vehicle of my desired colour and variant. It's already been month and 10 days that I have booked my vehicle. Honda seems to be in no hurry to deliver them. My SA says only 4 cars are being delivered to them this month. I have booked in Sundaram Honda. Called an acquaintance in Metro Honda for status there and he says only 2 vehicles have been allocated to them.

Last edited by abhiram.soma : 4th May 2017 at 16:37. Reason: Other relevant information had to be added
Old 4th May 2017, 16:43   #523
BHPian

Quote:
They have got only two cars in today's schedule. Which color did you book ?
White Orchid Pearl DSL VX MT. The executive told that no car deliveries till 15th May and we will know our delivery date after that only.
Old 4th May 2017, 18:29   #524
BHPian

Test drove the W-Rv, did i detect a higher level of road noise? Its going to be my wife's car and seemed noisier than the i20 she drove earlier. Feedback from those who did the TD please.
Old 4th May 2017, 22:54   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick56 View Post
Test drove the W-Rv, did i detect a higher level of road noise? Its going to be my wife's car and seemed noisier than the i20 she drove earlier. Feedback from those who did the TD please.
Dear maverick56,

I had a chance to test drive an i-vtec W-RV VX MT, the very next day of its launch. I honestly told the sales executive that I am not a prospect buyer but want to take a test drive to make comparison with my 2015 Honda Jazz VMT and older City ZX. The vehicle was silent and I didn't notice any disturbing road or even engine noise. I had intentionally turned off the ICE unit since I was to test the vehicle rather than the audio system.

Since you have mentioned a higher level of road noise, a possible reason could be that the vehicle you test drove was wearing MRF ZVTS. The one I test drove was wearing Michelins, whereas I noticed the one parked in the showroom for display was wearing MRFs.

The interiors being almost identical to my Jazz, What all I liked:

- Higher sitting (and hence, may be more confidence inspiring amidst traffic).
- Honda hasn't mentioned about the actual ground clearance, but certainly it is more than Jazz. (My Jazz for reference has 165mm and hasn't ever scrapped underbody)
- Even more comfortable ride than my Jazz on a well tarmac'd road. From suspension point of view and also due to 195 section, 16" alloys (vs. 175 section 15" on my Jazz). The difference could clearly be felt.
- Better pickup than my Jazz. Thanks to Honda for having worked on gear ratios.
- Sunroof of course did lure me to look up and smile at.
- Driver's armrest console is another welcome (unlike, I have installed an aftermarket in my Jazz).
- Daytime running lights (DRLs) on the entire portfolio (even on the S variant) is a welcome.
- Enough 363L boot space (vs. 354L in the Jazz, which too has always been ample).
- Enough leg and head room (I am 6 feet tall).

What I didn't like:

- The rear tail lamps are old-school bulbs (not LEDs). Unlike my Jazz which has OEM LED tail lamps. I failed to understand, why has this been missed in a vehicle launched in 2017? (have the LEDs been moved to front in the form of DRLs?)
- The i-vtec VX MT has been denied of the feature set in its i-dtec counterpart. Why? Encourage the oil-burner perhaps?
- Ok, only 2 trims on offer in both petrol and diesel. Accepted, but why not a CVT variant as well?
- The rear bench has fixed head restraints (should have been height adjustable). No 60-40 split flexibility either at this price point.

The efforts by Honda are appreciated for sure, but still, still, still half hearted in my opinion. Thanks.

Cheers,
Simmi

Last edited by Nohonking : 4th May 2017 at 23:02.
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks