Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 06:45   #361
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi53 View Post
The diesel variant is very closely priced to the s cross 1.3 which again is a bigger car and doesnt get the sub 4 metre benefits that the WR-V gets.
In Bangalore, It's priced higher than most variants of S Cross 1.3 diesel. This is excluding any offers on the SCross.

S Cross 1.3 Sigma - 10,25,105/-
WR-V iDTec S - 10,68,034/-

S Cross 1.3 Delta - 11,12,391/-
S Cross 1.3 Zeta - 11,99,098/-

WR-V iDtec VX - 12,45,941/-
S Cross 1.3 Alpha - 13,86,315/-

*All prices on road Bangalore.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 08:53   #362
Team-BHP Support

Size comparison with another hatchback cross - FIAT Urban Cross, albeit an irrelevant one when it comes to sales.

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-img_20170318_085109.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-img_20170318_084948.jpg

Source- Received via Whatsapp groups. Not sure of original owner.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 09:57   #363
BHPian

Pricing is just not an upside for me on this.

Enquired about the diesel variants and the rates left me baffled.

S @ 10.5
VX @ 12.5

On road Hyderabad.

I'd rather buy an EcoSport at this price.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 10:02   #364
Senior - BHPian

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

Instead of the WRV Honda might as well have introduced a cross over version of the Jazz, they could have at least saved some money on the investments they made for the exterior.
I don't think the car has the stance and SUV like appeal of the Vitarra and the Eco sport. The above picture which compares it to the Fiat urban cross says it all!
Old 18th March 2017, 13:01   #365
BHPian

I don't understand how is Honda going to convince people that WRV is premium. It's Jazz, the Side Body and Doors scream so. Why o why can't they bring a proper crossover like Bezel or HRV to India? I guess it's true that Honda India is run by bean counters who are looking to squeeze a penny or two by building car after car on that one platform for a decade.
Mobilio and BRV fooled no one , nor will Jazz and WRV. The thing that irritates me the most is that they have such a vibrant R&D here in Japan and I just can't connect how they make such non-profit Honda cars.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:49   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Why o why can't they bring a proper crossover like Bezel or HRV to India?
As per this new post, HRV is coming by start of 2018. But it should be priced above Creta and not near the current WRV levels.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4165683
Old 18th March 2017, 13:53   #367
BHPian

Honestly there is nothing premium about these new age Honda cars except for their pricing. Shocking price by Honda on the WR-V. I really cannot see why somebody should buy the WR-V over the EcoSport. If Sun-rood is what is going to push the sales then I think EcoSport should get the sun rood ASAP :-)

Also why don't we ever see any test mules of the Honda cars before their launch. Nothing like an actual real world test. I am still not convinced about the quality of the new age Hondas.

Last edited by searacer932 : 18th March 2017 at 13:58.
Old 18th March 2017, 14:05   #368

Ever since this thread started, majority of the comments were negative about Honda WR-V. I have been using a Brio for over 4 years. My Brio has completed 84000+ kilometres and it is still a good car. Since I cover more than 20000 kilometres per year, I was in search of a car with good fuel efficiency, power, space, ground clearance, features and build quality. I had booked WR-V before launch thinking I shall cancel the booking if it turns out to be not a nice product. I would have cancelled the booking if it was like a BR-V. Visited Signature Honda, Kannur yesterday with my wife, son and my business partner, who owns a Swift. We all liked it in flesh. We think WR-V looks definitely better than Brezza and better than Ecosport.

I have a request to fellow members, please take a look at it before you post your comments. It looks a lot better in flesh.
All Terrain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 14:35   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

As an owner of an EcoSport, I'd have to say I still like the looks of the WR-V (as I do the Jazz), especially the one in white pictured above. The key design difference is that the hood (bonnet) is sloped away at a large angle in the Hondas, while the EcoSport and Brezza have a flatter hood (and as a result, a taller front grille). Think about the Kwid - it looks like a hatch from the rear, but just making the hood as tall in the front as it is at the windshield gives it a baby-Duster look.

More importantly, it doesn't matter how it looks on the outside - on the inside, the Jazz (and WR-V by extension) release much more usable space than the EcoSport. Honda are masters of packaging, and it really shows.

So, to potential buyers, the allure of a larger cabin and a similarly-sized boot will definitely win the WR-V points.

Of course, buyers will then also look at features and creature comforts, and will have to decide whether those (combined with the Honda badge) are worth the price - that tends to be a subjective decision.

From a diesel motor perspective, I'd say the WR-V can go toe-to-toe with the EcoSport. And while Honda's diesel is criticized as being noisy, it will again depend on the buyer's point of reference - someone switching up from a hatchback will definitely hear the difference, but someone switching from a Tata/Mahindra UV might not complain as much. People buying it based on the badge and aspirational positioning are more likely to be forgiving of its shortcomings.

Yes, there is a discerning and vocal minority (like us BHPians) who will appreciate the EcoSport for some of its hidden merits. However, that segment of the buying public wasn't large enough to give Ford a positive response on the 1.6S; so we shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking the WR-V will be an outright dud against the EcoSport.

Which is a good thing, honestly. If the EcoSport feels heat from the WR-V, then Ford will have its work cut out when they launch the EcoSport facelift. And that will only benefit us customers. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I really cannot see why somebody should buy the WR-V over the EcoSport. If Sun-rood is what is going to push the sales then I think EcoSport should get the sun rood ASAP.
I beg you - don't give Ford ideas. They might cut out some other meaningful feature like 6-airbags or build quality just to replace it with a sunroof, since that's what the market wants.

Last edited by arunphilip : 18th March 2017 at 14:37.
arunphilip is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 14:51   #370
BHPian

Honestly I don't understand the concept of adding these puny DRLs. They look bad and add no functionality either. Other manufacturers should learn from what Maruti did with the Baleno headlights..bright individual LEDs for the DRL and bi-xenon projectors.
Aside to this post, do you guys think the new LED bulbs in reflectors (Vento and City) provide a throw as good as bi-xenons?
KaranP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 15:05   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

More importantly, it doesn't matter how it looks on the outside - on the inside, the Jazz (and WR-V by extension) release much more usable space than the EcoSport.

Of course, buyers will then also look at features and creature comforts, and will have to decide whether those (combined with the Honda badge) are worth the price - that tends to be a subjective decision.

From a diesel motor perspective, I'd say the WR-V can go toe-to-toe with the EcoSport. And while Honda's diesel is criticized as being noisy, it will again depend on the buyer's point of reference
I have checked out the WRV, and I felt that the back seat is just as cramped (or not) as the Ecosport. Headroom will also be an issue for taller passengers taking the rear window seats.

I am surprised to hear that the diesel is noisy. I felt that it was petrol like even when the hood was open. It's another thing the noise inside the cabin is just slightly better than the Brezza.

The main issue for me, with the WRV, is that it just does not exude 12 lakhs when you're sitting inside the cabin.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 16:41   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
In Bangalore, It's priced higher than most variants of S Cross 1.3 diesel. This is excluding any offers on the SCross.

S Cross 1.3 Sigma - 10,25,105/-
WR-V iDTec S - 10,68,034/-

S Cross 1.3 Delta - 11,12,391/-
S Cross 1.3 Zeta - 11,99,098/-

WR-V iDtec VX - 12,45,941/-
S Cross 1.3 Alpha - 13,86,315/-

*All prices on road Bangalore.
This post made a lot of sense to me !

I went and test drove the WR-V and S-Cross today in Bangalore -

1. NVH - Vibration and harshness are good in both. The Honda noise is very less at city speeds (up to 2k rpm) and honestly reminds me of the old Ford Fiesta diesel engine sound. While idling, not much noise filters into the cabin. At higher rpm, louder, but the way it is geared, unlikely that anyone would be revving the engine very hard.

The S-Cross was much noisier while idling and on the move, the familiar Maruti diesel noise. The RM said it was because the test car had done over 30k km and needed a service.

2. Ride Quality - both were nice, but the S-Cross absorbed bumps and potholes better

3. Gear shifts - Both are very slick, clutch action is not too heavy. The new gear lever on the Honda is good looking but very small.

4. Interior space - surprisingly, the WR-V felt more spacious. Armrests are useful on both cars. S-Cross gets more points for 60-40 seats and ISOFIX cold seat mounts

5. Boot space and ease of loading - both very good and very similar layout. Slight edge to the S-Cross.

Overall, I enjoyed my drive of both cars and the WR-V is a very good effort from Honda.
fangface is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 16:43   #373
BHPian

I have not seen the WR-V but I see a lot of HR-V taxis here. I do not understand how a product that is derived out of the Jazz can be priced at more than 10 lakhs on the road. It is noisy inside the HR-V even by hatchback standards. The Swift Dzire won't be too different in terms of NVH. Interiors are decent but not exceptional at all. Plastics are hard.
When we compare this to an Ertiga, XUV, Scorpio or even the base model of the Hexa, it feels grossly overpriced. The Ertiga offers 2 extra seats and Maruti reliability at a better price (along with the hybrid diesel that delivers 20+ km per liter in city traffic). I have driven a diesel City earlier and it is not very appealing in terms of refinement. This would would be worse I guess.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 18th March 2017 at 16:44.
Old 18th March 2017, 19:13   #374
Senior - BHPian

I took a test drive today, from Perfect Honda, Trivandrum along with my family. We are planning to buy a pseudo-SUV/crossover ("SUV") and visited Renault, Hyundai, Maruti, Ford and Honda today. Our original plan was to take a look at BR-V. We dropped the BR-V from our list the moment we saw the interior. No one was looking at the BR-V but there was a good crowd around the newcomer, WR-V. So we too checked it out and the SR promptly offered us a test drive.

The test car was a top-end Diesel, with smartkey and pushbutton start. The display car wore Michelins and the test car came with Bridgestone Ecopias. BTW, the display BR-V also wore Michelin Primacy.

The test drive was a short one, considering the demand for it, so there's very little to comment about it. The odo of the test car read just 66kms. The diesel was certainly less noisy compare to my Punto and the car was very peppy. The gears appear well sorted out and the EPS was so simple to point-and-shoot.

The SRs and others all look very happy with the crowd feedback. As someone has mentioned in this thread, everyone was going ga-ga over the electric sun roof, incl. my son.

Our original plan was to get a Brezza or Duster, but this car certainly offers a lot over them and I really need to do a research again.
Old 18th March 2017, 22:37   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I have not seen the WR-V.
I have driven a diesel City earlier and it is not very appealing in terms of refinement. This would be worse I guess.
a sincere request, please do not guess.
As someone had requested earlier, please pass opinions only after seeing the car in flesh else you are merely indulging in propaganda.
I went to the showroom today to have a dekko in the flesh. Following were my impressions:-
1. More interior space than even the jazz.. Quite a feat if you ask me.
2. Really missed a cvt, split folding rear seats, adjustable head rests (Honda! is it even a feature?)
3. Good ground clearance.
4. Plastic quality seemed questionable.
5. Have a look at the key quality of the petrol!! Yuck!
6. And why couldn't the petrol have had keyless entry and cruise control?!
7. Lesser head room than the jazz. Even in the driver's seat! Due to higher gc?
8. Much wider rear seat than the ecosport! Definitely! My family could fit in easily, while there was no shoulder room in the ecosport.
9. Overall!! I don't agree with the pricing but truly a great effort by Honda..
P.S.- had a look at the city due to the minimal price difference and was bowled over by the vx. Now it's a tough choice.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks