Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 09:56   #1981
BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Anyone took the delivery can post what we are getting as part of the mandatory accessories? KHT charging Rs 21,191 for this.

Bangalore RTO added Jeep Compass to list of cars can be registered in Karnataka.

I'm expecting compass delivery on this friday.
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:10   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes it is no longer mandatory as even I have taken insurance from our designated insurance provider from the leasing company. My delivery is going to happen on Friday as I can take delivery only after permanent regn and it is also an auspicious day on Friday!
What about the handling/depot charges and the extra they charge for RTO commissions?
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:14   #1983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
What about the handling/depot charges and the extra they charge for RTO commissions?
That still remains and IIRC I was charged around 20k under this head. I will have the detailed breakup in the invoice on Friday and will share the details.
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:30   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
The customer care (at toll free number) was adamant that handling/depot charges are legal and that the dealer has every right to charge them.
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:42   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Not sure why TATA and Mahindra are posting ads targeting the compass.
Its a new low for these iconic companies. Was about to tweet to Mr. Anand Mahindra on this. Its fair competition they should be welcoming it rather than getting intimidated
m_upreti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:56   #1986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Its a new low for these iconic companies. Was about to tweet to Mr. Anand Mahindra on this. Its fair competition they should be welcoming it rather than getting intimidated
There is nothing low or high in this.
This kind of playful mud slinging has been in use since several decades. (Like between BMW & Mercedes).

Provides entertainment to folks like us, keeps marketing guys on their toes. What's the harm in that?
abhishek46 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 12:50   #1987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I will have the detailed breakup in the invoice on Friday and will share the details.
Also we are waiting for your detail report comparing compass with Yeti, dont forget that )

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
There is nothing low or high in this.
This kind of playful mud slinging has been in use since several decades. (Like between BMW & Mercedes).
+1

Every Father (Mahindra in this case) has the right to appreciate his son (XUV) more than the neighbors son (Compass), so i guess its natural
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:26   #1988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I consider it a positive move. It shows that Mahindra and Tata are not being complacent and are considering the Compass as a real competition. It would have been easy for them to hide behind 'We are a 7 seater/different segment' and 'have better brand recognition from an India perspective' justifications and leave it till it is too late to take on the Compass. If they take it a step further and attempt to improve their offerings further by looking at the USPs of the Compass, it will be a win win situation for the customer.

I assume FCA will be happy with the free publicity they are getting courtesy of Mahindra and Tata.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:12   #1989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Also we are waiting for your detail report comparing compass with Yeti, dont forget that )

+1

Every Father (Mahindra in this case) has the right to appreciate his son (XUV) more than the neighbors son (Compass), so i guess its natural
Yes certainly, will post a detailed ownership and comparison report, have already started it on the assembly line! Hopefully by Sunday I should be able to post it.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:29   #1990
BHPian

Hi Guys, any update on Compass 4X4 deliveries?
Seems like dealers have no information when FCA will be sending the first lot. I was expecting next week based on verbal commitment from dealer around month back, however, just updated by dealer that they don't have any confirmation from FCA on even tentative dates.
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:52   #1991
BHPian

FCA has issued a statement about the rumour doing rounds of a chinese manufacturer in talks with them to acquire JEEP. Link below,

FCA replies to rumours about China based Great Wall Motors taking over brand Jeep - Motoroids
Old 23rd August 2017, 15:59   #1992
Senior - BHPian

https://www.motoroids.com/news/jeep-...t-coming-soon/

talks about one with panoramic sunroof. Will be up for this if its going to be introduced by early next year !
Old 23rd August 2017, 18:49   #1993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Hi Guys, any update on Compass 4X4 deliveries?
Seems like dealers have no information when FCA will be sending the first lot. I was expecting next week based on verbal commitment from dealer around month back, however, just updated by dealer that they don't have any confirmation from FCA on even tentative dates.
The inital info which the dealer told me was for Oct deliveries for 4x4, but now latest I heard was November. I had originally booked a 4x4 LTD (O) but seeing the delay and the imminent hike in Cess, I diluted my booking to a 4x2 Ltd.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 20:13   #1994
Senior - BHPian

Hope FCA launches the Trailhawk version for Indian market asap.

for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 21:26   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
If they take it a step further and attempt to improve their offerings further by looking at the USPs of the Compass, it will be a win win situation for the customer.
There, in fact, are reports about Tata bringing in a Compass competitor based on LandRover platform L550, on which the discovery sport is based on. Now that will be some juicy competition to the Compass!

I am liking this new transformed Tata putting in efforts to remain relevant by bringing better quality vehicles to Indian market (hexa, nexon, tiago et al).
ghatotkatch is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks