Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:13   #1966
BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IIRC you have the Sport variant, right?

Can you post a few images of the headlight output? Thanks in advance.
Sorry buddy did not get a chance to do this yesterday. All roads were too well lit to get a good idea of the output. Will try to get you the images soon.
ashishs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:41   #1967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Some healthy competition
That’s more than healthy – for the Compass!
Earlier Tata and now Mahindra, almost look like the advt was designed by the same agency.

The other day I was talking to someone working with Toyota dealership and he said they are completely surprised by the buzz created by Compass in Kerala.
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:49   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The other day I was talking to someone working with Toyota dealership and he said they are completely surprised by the buzz created by Compass in Kerala.
That should really be music to FCA. Any Car clicking in KERALA in initial days can be assured of a smooth run. The best example would be Qualis,Innova,Polo,Vento and even the latest WRV. All getting their initial thrust from Kerala!
RaghuVis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:56   #1969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
For people with an even tighter budget, there is the Thar, and for an even tighter one, there is the Gypsy. For people with a bit more money than the Compass there is the Endy.

Everything comes for a price, and where the Compass stands, I don't see any real competition.
I don't think anyone planning for a Thar or Gypsy will buy the Duster/Compass even if budget permits and vice versa. They are completely different kinds of vehicles.

Quote:
Some healthy competition
This was not needed from Mahindra in my opinion. Same in case of the ad of Hexa from Tata.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:12   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Popularity of Compass goes onto show how big and deep a brand like JEEP is in India despite not having sold anything in decades. They really need to thank Mahindra for creating that strong perception of rugged, reliability with their age old Willy jeeps .

Now going onto the amount of comparisons being made with Duster and Jeep. IN my view the comparison ends at the fact that both are 5 seaters. If AWD and 5 seats was the only comparison then pretty much even a X1, X3 and even smaller range rovers would also fall into same comparison sheet. That would surely make duster more value for money. But cars are priced based on numerous parameters including quality, brand perception value, features etc. So given the amount of pull Compass is having, I feel JEEP did price it just right. Hope they dont increase it too much in coming year.
supertinu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 19:22   #1971
Distinguished - BHPian

Meanwhile, somewhere on the outskirts of Pune:

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-image1c.jpg

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-image2c.jpg

Credit to WhatsApp user sweetladdu, who checked the cars and reported back that all of them were equipped with MT transmissions.

RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 20:52   #1972
jpm
BHPian

I called to enquire about the status of my booking. Apparently, FCA has not got the requisite permissions to register the compass with TN RTO authority as per my sales rep. Its going to take a while and hence the promised delivery by the last week of august maybe pushed to first or second week of september.

This sounds incredulous to me. I can understand that Jeep has started deliveries in AP/Delhi/Kerala. No idea why not in KA (at least from this forum) and TN?

Could this be true or am I being played around with?
Old 22nd August 2017, 20:56   #1973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
I called to enquire about the status of my booking. Apparently, FCA has not got the requisite permissions to register the compass with TN RTO authority as per my sales rep. Its going to take a while and hence the promised delivery by the last week of august maybe pushed to first or second week of september.

This sounds incredulous to me. I can understand that Jeep has started deliveries in AP/Delhi/Kerala. No idea why not in KA (at least from this forum) and TN?

Could this be true or am I being played around with?
I know someone who took delivery in Bangalore. Delivery has started, not sure if they have received the permanent registration number. Let me check and revert.
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:25   #1974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I know someone who took delivery in Bangalore. Delivery has started, not sure if they have received the permanent registration number. Let me check and revert.
I too have seen a silver Compass Limited version in Jayanagar. Deliveries have begun in KA as well.
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:39   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
No idea why not in KA (at least from this forum) and TN?
In Davangere, Karnataka currently and I see two Jeep Compass (white and silver) regularly. Also, you can find the delivery pics in KHT Prime's Facebook page.

Sharing an image of the silver Jeep Compass (excuse the potato quality pic) :

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img20170820wa005401.jpeg
Klub Class is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 07:54   #1976
BHPian

Just got it yesterday evening. Real adventure with KHT folks i have to say. Is there an ownership thread yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-img_20170822_212640553.jpg  

anil_neo is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:01   #1977
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Just got it yesterday evening. Real adventure with KHT folks i have to say. Is there an ownership thread yet?
Congratulations Anil. I think we live in the same complex :-) I did see a blue Compass driving in at around 8.30 at night. It has tremendous presence.
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:43   #1978
BHPian

Not sure why TATA and Mahindra are posting ads targeting the compass. Looks like they are intimidated by the compass pricing and the response it got from people but why do they need to make it evident and themselves promote that the Compass is a competition for the XUV and Hexa. It would have been good if they kept it clean instead. Wont this put people off the brands like TATA and Mahindra?
Old 23rd August 2017, 09:38   #1979
BHPian

About the "mandatory" Mopar insurance, i just dialled up the toll free number on Jeep India website, they immediately put me on a con-call with the Dealer who agreed on record saying i can take up insurance from anyone and asked me to come down to resolve this issue. Everything done in 5 minutes. I am impressed!
paliontile is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 09:52   #1980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliontile View Post
About the "mandatory" Mopar insurance, i just dialled up the toll free number on Jeep India website, they immediately put me on a con-call with the Dealer who agreed on record saying i can take up insurance from anyone and asked me to come down to resolve this issue. Everything done in 5 minutes. I am impressed!
Yes it is no longer mandatory as even I have taken insurance from our designated insurance provider from the leasing company. My delivery is going to happen on Friday as I can take delivery only after permanent regn and it is also an auspicious day on Friday!
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks