Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 19:37   #301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Two questions:

In the Jeep, as in the Yeti, can the rear seats be completely flattened and/ or removed at will, to free up tons of space in the rear?

Does the Jeep, pass the 'lateral golf bag placement test' where the golf bag is placed laterally in the boot?
Old 10th June 2017, 19:41   #302
Team-BHP Support

re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And to Jignesh Desai @ Facebook for these:
I guess this pic below should be enough to clear all doubts about which segment Jeep is targeting -

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-18951399_134336967141234_179271000447680223_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Does compass have adjustable dampers?? I just saw a review from PowerDrift on you-tube and the guy there mentioned about the same and said its available across the range. Does it?
They claim segment first "frequency selective damping" in the 3rd Know your Compass video posted by RavenAvi.

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-screenshot_2017061019440008.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th June 2017 at 19:47.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 19:48   #303
BHPian

Saw 3 completely camouflaged Compass stuck in evening traffic on Karve Road, Pune on friday evening.
Why the camouflage when it's already been unveiled!?
Probably testing a diesel auto?
Old 10th June 2017, 20:50   #304
BHPian

From the 'Know your Jeep' Commercial we can say with certainity that Cruise Control will be absent even in the highest Limited(o) trim. I don't know of any 15 lakh plus models that come without the feature, useful or not. Would the potential Jeep customer feel terribly short changed?

If the AWD duster improves it's infotainment system and throws in curtain airbags and keyless entry and go it would be tremedous value, costing a fat 6 to 7 lakhs lesser than the Jeep. The Kaptur does have all these additionals and will still be value for money if it is going to undercut the Jeep by 5 to 6 lakhs.

And ours being a skewed market, the 15 lakh to 25 lakh suv segment is going to be an interesting watch over the next 6 months with a varied set of contenders:
1. The Jeep Compass
2. The Renault Kaptur
3. The Hyundai Tuscon 4x4
4.The 170bhp Xuv500
5. The Tata Hexa 4x4 automatic??
6. The Isuzu Mux
Let the games begin.
igp_79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 13:23   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Saw 3 completely camouflaged Compass stuck in evening traffic on Karve Road, Pune on friday evening.
Why the camouflage when it's already been unveiled!?
Probably testing a diesel auto?
Those are the 9-speed Automatic variants being put through their paces, expected to be launched 6 months after the official launch, i.e., early 2018.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 13:39   #306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
From the 'Know your Jeep' Commercial we can say with certainity that Cruise Control will be absent even in the highest Limited(o) trim.

Would the potential Jeep customer feel terribly short changed?
Didn't notice / even expect this! Oh yes, I would certainly consider it as a deal breaker if i were to upgrade to the Compass! Not that its an electronic feature I would like to have, like sunroof for example, but because it is an essential feature for the highways runs that I take!

Quote:
If the AWD duster improves it's infotainment system and throws in curtain airbags and keyless entry and go it would be tremedous value, costing a fat 6 to 7 lakhs lesser than the Jeep.
Duster is too old and while the dimensions would be similar, the budget origins show through, specially in the interior department - considered a deal breaker by many including myself! Don't think it would be considered in a similar category, when even Creta (without AWD) is considered half a segment above Duster territory.

Quote:
The Kaptur does have all these additionals and will still be value for money if it is going to undercut the Jeep by 5 to 6 lakhs.
Kaptor has a major handicap for the Indian market IMO - the crossover proportions and road presence. It will end up being compared against the S-Cross and not against the likes of Creta etc.

EDIT -

Cruise control is present. Here's proof from the India spyshots and the international MOPAR video which explains the buttons and how to set them -

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1496982627.131162.jpg

However, I just noticed the two dummy buttons on the steering controls!

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-screenshot_2017061114121228.png

Looks like all we get is dummy buttons, as is clear from the Autocar video.

But it is present in the test cars as I posted above, so probably reserved for the diesel auto variant.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th June 2017 at 14:25. Reason: merge as requested
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 15:16   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Official banner for hoardings, dealerships and the like?

Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs-banner.jpg

Received on WhatsApp from a close friend.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 15:30   #308
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Cruise control is present. Here's proof from the India spyshots and the international MOPAR video which explains the buttons and how to set them -
Those are buttons for the cruise control and it is expected on the Indian cars, as per some recent reports.

Last edited by ampere : 11th June 2017 at 17:46. Reason: Removed video link from the quote
Old 11th June 2017, 16:09   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Duster is too old and while the dimensions would be similar, the budget origins show through, specially in the interior department - considered a deal breaker by many including myself! Don't think it would be considered in a similar category, when even Creta (without AWD) is considered half a segment above Duster territory.

Kaptor has a major handicap for the Indian market IMO - the crossover proportions and road presence. It will end up being compared against the S-Cross and not against the likes of Creta etc.
I agree on both observations.

Just that when you have to pay 5 to 6 lakhs for the same driving pleasure, and comforts, It is worth a look even if the percieved premiumness is not there. Also, if Renault did a little more justice to the interiors while keeping a lid on the prices, the Duster might find favour with people on a tight budget and a requirement for light off roading.

As far as the Kaptur goes, it does not have that butch stance of a Suv. It looks softer, like the S cross as you rightly pointed out. But may still turn out to be likeable in the flesh.

An interesting tussle to watch out for... Especially for people like me, who are waiting to buy an Suv by year end.

Quote:
Cruise is present. Here's proof from the India spyshots and the international MOPAR video which explains the buttons and how to set them -
The Mopar video is for all markets where the Compass is on sale. And the feature is standard in the international spec limited trims.

Ths spyshot also is that of a ROW (Rest of the world) model isn't it? And with the console layout, it looks like a Latitude, 2WD manual diesel variant meant for the international markets.

The official video, though is more telling, with the cruise control function clearly not present on the steering wheel and commercials without exception, showcase the top of the line variant only. Yes this is rather dissapointing and almost a deal breaker.

Last edited by igp_79 : 11th June 2017 at 16:20.
igp_79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 17:00   #310
Senior - BHPian

Surprising that I don't see a silver in the line up. Indians love their silver as it's probably one of the easier colours to maintain. I for sure would have loved a silver daily drive and for that occasional off road excursions. All the colours slated to launch will be hard to maintain for an off roader.

Their launch car was a silver ? Not sure why they have now dropped it ?
Old 11th June 2017, 17:16   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Surprising that I don't see a silver in the line up.
Can you give me evidence of the same. White & Silver will be available if not black, on any car for that matter.

Compass does have Silver color in its Lineup. But, the naming is different, it's known as "Minimal Grey", it's the same silver color you see the car in the images. Also, this color name is used for Fiat Cars as well. Minimal Grey & Medium Grey are Fiat's Nomenclature for Silver & Grey respectively.

Even your Punto is offered with these same color's.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 18:51   #312
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
I guess this pic below should be enough to clear all doubts about which segment Jeep is targeting ]

I am sorry to be obtuse but for the life of me I cant figure out which segment they are targeting, from this picture!
Please elucidate!
Old 11th June 2017, 18:55   #313
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am sorry to be obtuse but for the life of me I cant figure out which segment they are targeting, from this picture!
Please elucidate!
What he meant was the Hyundai Tucson parked behind !!

While we are wishing for jeep to price it within a small distance of the Creta, they are clearly targetting the Tucson (keeping it for comparisons at the time of Salesmen trainings etc.). Totally understandable but I just wish we can get a cracking price considering it is so heavily localised.
Old 11th June 2017, 19:02   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please elucidate!
The pictures posted look like the preparations for a media unveil / internal unveil of some sorts - the tents, carpeting, marketing material etc. And the Tucson parked seems to be there for benchmarking.

Could be wrong as well, but thats my feeling after seeing the set of pictures posted by RavenAvi.

Quote:
Two questions:

In the Jeep, as in the Yeti, can the rear seats be completely flattened and/ or removed at will, to free up tons of space in the rear?

Does the Jeep, pass the 'lateral golf bag placement test' where the golf bag is placed laterally in the boot?
Earlier I was trying to find answers to these questions. For the first one, looks like it has 60/40 split that folds 'almost' flat. And for the second question, boot space in the US model is 770 litres and looks wider than Yeti in pictures. But no idea about the dimensions required to place a golf bag. Total stranger to that game!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th June 2017 at 19:03.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 19:40   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Two questions:

Sir,

Not sure if these questions were rhetorical. But what exactly is a lateral golf bag placement test? I tried googling it and couldn't find anything related to such a test, at least on the first page of results. Which all current cars pass this particular test?

P.S. Absolutely no offense meant to you Sir, but most of your posts on SUV threads looks like Yeti promos, and that’s when the salesmen at Skoda showrooms have forgotten they have such a car in their portfolio, howsoever merit you see in your car.
jayded is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks