Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2017, 17:25   #16
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Hi, it surely depends on your need. I just booked an Ecosport trend + and taking the delivery tomorrow. My SA said the new car is expected in India only by next July, since Ford always launches cars in July (seemed wired logic). He might be saying that to ensure I don't walk away although this discussion happened way later in my booking process so not very sure.
Or could be this july itself :P
Old 13th May 2017, 18:16   #17
BHPian

As an owner I would like to see the following changes
- like every one a better center console with the latest sync, navigation
- softer seats with more underthigh support. Increase width of the rear seats, try a flat bench. Keep the reclined seats.
- bigger armrest at the front
- a slightly softer ride or a balanced ride like the duster. Fyi as a driver I have always enjoyed the firm suspension on the figo and ecosport but not my rear passengers. This is one change that can pull in the numbers.
- i believe cruise control is available these days, continue with it
- better noise insulation, damping for reduced NVH.
- get rid of that tall antenna
- almost forgot. The priority no 1 should be better headlamps. The first gen throw is just pathetic, you would be scared to drive on the roads after dark.

Last edited by sansvk : 13th May 2017 at 18:20.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 10:06   #18
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Or could be this july itself :P

Well if it's this July, I have no words to say, but in all possibilities I doubt that. With test mules being spotted now, it will surely take some time . I am guessing earliest could be the festive time. And without any build up to the launch, they will lose a lot of customers. If they make it available early and get the waiting time down, I see at least some Brezza bookings moving to Ecosport.

Do advise what did you finally book?

Last edited by justwheels : 14th May 2017 at 10:07.
Old 14th May 2017, 11:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
- bigger armrest at the front.
Does the Titanium or + version comes with driver seat armrest?
Old 14th May 2017, 11:20   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Does the Titanium or + version comes with driver seat armrest?
They have removed the armrest and lumbar support across all variants with the recent facelift.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 15:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

And i heard they removed the phone pickup/drop buttons from Steering wheel in new FlyWheel Audio models which has touchscreen after removing Sync.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 17:15   #22
BHPian

They need to make the rear seats more comfortable, and sculpt the doors such that three people can sit properly in the rear. When I was checking out Ecosport (was shopping across segments), I found that the Jazz and i20 had much better rear seats with three people fitting better than in Ecosport. In Ecosport, the edges of the seats and the door was such that even for short distance, the third person was a very tight squeeze.

Hope the 2017 facelift addresses the rear seats issue.
sanchari is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 22:53   #23

Ford Ecosport spied again

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport5.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport4.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport1.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport2.jpg

http://www.cartoq.com/ford-ecosport-spied/

Last edited by bblost : 18th May 2017 at 23:16.
civilmani81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 23:27   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

A lower variant of the EcoSport facelift was caught testing on the streets of Chennai by a Motor Vikatan reader.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017ecosportspy2.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017ecosportspy1.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th May 2017 at 23:28.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 13:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Ecosport facelift spied again, anticipated launch in festive season,

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-newfordecosportfaceliftspied1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-newfordecosportfaceliftspied3.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-newfordecosportfaceliftspied5.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-newfordecosportfaceliftspied7.jpg

Quote:
New Ford EcoSport facelift for India will also receive a revised grille and new alloys. Rear of the EcoSport facelift also gets a minor revision.
On the inside, new Ford EcoSport facelift dashboard layout gets updated. Instrument panel gets a minor update with blue illumination on the speedometer, tachometer, fuel level, and engine temperature needles.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 15:37   #26
BHPian

As a owner of Ecosport I would say that Ford should do some drastic changes to remain in competition to Brezza and Creta and Duster. the following changes should be done

1. Should come up with AWD as Duster, May be they can change the engine to 1600 CC or 2000 CC.
2. Should have Cruze control (Heard that the facelift version has it now)
3. ORVM should have electrical foldable option
4. Should provide the Sunroof so as to attract newer customers
5. The Radio antennae should be small and attarctive and not the long one
6. The rear seat should be more wide and good thigh support.
7. Armrest should be more wider and can have some more storage for valuable items
Old 29th May 2017, 19:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max63 View Post
2. Should have Cruze control (Heard that the facelift version has it now)
AFAIK, the recently introduced Platinum version of Ecosport is already equipped with Cruise Control.
Old 29th May 2017, 19:14   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

One interior shot of the 2018 India-spec Ford EcoSport, captured by an IAB reader.

Quote:
The spy shot suggests that the interior of the India-spec 2018 Ford EcoSport is the same as that of the U.S.-spec 2018 Ford EcoSport. A floating screen is visible on the centre console, which is likely the touch-operated 8.0-inch SYNC 3 infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This means that the Indian-spec version won’t have a CD player as in the U.S.-spec version.

Redesigned instrument panel, dashboard and centre console, new three-spoke steering wheel and horizontal central HVAC vents are among other interior changes arriving with the facelift, all of which were revealed at the car’s world premiere at the LA Auto Show last year. Besides a new fascia and an upgraded dashboard, expect new colour options with the mid-cycle change, including the Arpoadar Red seen on a test mule this month.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-indianspec2018fordecosportfaceliftinteriorspyshot.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-indianspec2018fordecosportfaceliftsparewheelspyshot.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th May 2017 at 19:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 22:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

I can see a New 6 Speed Gearbox there. If this is offered at launch, I see it being a big advantage compared to Brezza. And this 1.5 Diesel will be a cruiser & with that additional cog, Expect Efficiency to match Brezza.

I wish Ford also offers a Diesel Automatic. That would make this an Attractive & Complete Package.

Apart from this, other Ford Trademarks like Excellent AC, Predictable Handling & Good Steering Feedback will make this a Driver Centric Family C-SUV something which the Creta & Brezza lack.

Again, Ford have a good opportunity here with this Ecosport. They need to Price it just like what they did in 2013 & once the demand rises, a price increase along with proper allocations will help them immensely.

On a serious note,

Dear Ford,
You are a big American Company, you make great cars & all the cars in your Indian Lineup are excellent, but the Aspire & Figo have bailed out to competition. The Endeavour has lost momentum since King's (Fortuner) Arrival, with No Fiesta nor the Focus being Focused to bring in here, the Ecosport is your Big bet. Don't mess it up, otherwise you may follow your Country Brand GM-Chevrolet to exit India in future.
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 22:59   #30
BANNED

They seem to be correcting all the shortcomings as much as they can!
Touchscreen with apple carplay and Android
Projectors and DRL
a newer interior design

Almost everything that I miss in my current one. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the shape of the headlights now, they're a bit fat, so the erstwhile sleekness is a bit lost. Otherwise, I'm totally on board this. I'm even wondering whether it would be possible to swap the whole front dash in the old one :Lol
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks