Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 16:14   #121
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
i don't like how the front looks rounded than before - the current grill is much more smart. And i hope the headlights are a straight fit to the current Ecosport cause i would love to have OEM projectors.
Even I'd love to have the OEM projectors. The gen-1 ecosport's lights are pathetic, but just by looking at the photos, the headlamps look different, slightly "broader" than the current ones.
Old 25th July 2017, 16:30   #122
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport Scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Couple of more pictures.
Thanks to our team bhipan- ramzsys.

-Ravi

Attachment 1660193

Attachment 1660194
Dude, BTW May I know from whom you got these pics? These pics were shot by me and my frnd in TN nearly 80kms away from Ford Factory in Chennai.

Cheers,
pkk
pkk_84 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 16:34   #123
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

The facelift is more appealing to me than the in-market one. The grill looks more toned down and just that enough aggression. Also, in the Youtube videos I have seen, they have lower profile tyres which make the car look chic from the side. The interiors also seem a good step ahead. The only thing I don't like in EcoSport is the space inside. But it is still a nice compact SUV to own.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 18:20   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
ok guys, I have some ver very exciting news to share with all of you.

First the verified info:

Ecosport refresh in our country is indeed coming with the DRAGON 1.5 L engine, with about 125-130PS, contrary to popular grapevine and auto journalist talk.

Also, along with the brand new engine, there will be an option for PADDLE SHIFTERS also.

Needless, to say, I'm most excited about the Dragon engine coming to India, along with paddle shifters Have a look at this attached brazil review to get a better idea of the product.
At first i thought the more powerful 1.5 TDCi would be making its way to the ecosport and add to that an Automatic with paddle shifters!

I feel ford needs to offer the AT in both the ecoboost and More powerful diesel version. I am a bit skeptical on how much of an vast improvement the 1.5 3cyl dragon engine will be over the current 1.5 that does duty on the already heavy ecosport.

Hopefully ford offers the 1.2 dragon engine in the figo since it needs a better engine ASAP!

We are on the look out for an AT diesel SUV(non compact) and the XUV currently fits the bill. Would have preferred a ford in my garage but sadly ford doesn't offer anything in the price range of 12 to 20 lakhs, the ecosport is too small and the Endy is way way over budget!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 25th July 2017 at 18:25.
Old 25th July 2017, 21:07   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Dude, BTW May I know from whom you got these pics? These pics were shot by me and my frnd in TN nearly 80kms away from Ford Factory in Chennai.

Cheers,
pkk
@pkk - Man, you are the hero. Glad we could trace the person who captured the snap and lucky enough to see the new model in person without Camouflage Its indeed a small world

The snaps came in through multiple forwards from different WhatsApp groups across friends.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 08:37   #126
Team-BHP Support

In the Global Ford website, there is a mention that the new EcoSport would be launched in the US in 2018. http://shop.ford.com/showroom/?linkt...tcmp=hp-showbb

Please click on future vehicles and you may see it
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 09:54   #127
Senior - BHPian

Very little information about this new Dragon series engines. The power output suggests it is a Turbo charged engine. Hope the torque characteristics are better than the Ecoboost. On the plus side, we might be THE country where these engines are to be made and exported. Possibly the first market to be introduced with this new series of engines.

The Ecosport and Figo/Aspire can benefit from new petrol engines. The existing ones are duds if you were to pitch them besides the competition.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 12:43   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Very little information about this new Dragon series engines. The power output suggests it is a Turbo charged engine. Hope the torque characteristics are better than the Ecoboost. On the plus side, we might be THE country where these engines are to be made and exported. Possibly the first market to be introduced with this new series of engines.

The Ecosport and Figo/Aspire can benefit from new petrol engines. The existing ones are duds if you were to pitch them besides the competition.
Sandeep, Brazil already has the new Ecosport, with new engines. Check out my post on last page.
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 18:05   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
@pkk - Man, you are the hero. Glad we could trace the person who captured the snap and lucky enough to see the new model in person without Camouflage Its indeed a small world

The snaps came in through multiple forwards from different WhatsApp groups across friends.

-Ravi
Thanks for that dude.

However, hence forth in case you get such scoop images from a random source, I would suggest you mention the Pic courtesy as <actual source> (in this case it is random WhatsApp group) rather mentioning some TBHP members name.

Coz, as you said "indeed it's a small world"
pkk_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 00:19   #130
BHPian

The Dragon engine is a 1.5 L 3 cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine.
It has already launched in Brazil
1. Dragon engine is not turbocharged
2. India is not the first market where it is being launched. Brazil was the first one
3. It has better power than the 1.5 L naturally aspirated petrol of current ecosport 1.5 L. The power figures are close to 135 bhp and the torque figures are 155 nm of torque. This is much better than naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engines
See link: http://www.just-auto.com/news/ford-b..._id177204.aspx
5. Fuel efficiency will be comparable to the current motor, maybe 5% better

From the article, more details below:
This new powerplant develops 135 bhp and 154.9 Nm on straight ethanol, a performance exceeding that of higher displacement four cylinder engines. It has achieved the highest specific output of naturally aspirated, regular production engines - 90 bhp/litre - and it is A rated in energy efficiency for the Brazilian vehicle rating programme. The three cylinder design enables compact size and lighter weight thanks to the aluminium engine block. Technical features include integrated head and exhaust manifold, counter rotating balance shaft running on hydrodynamic bearings, variable pressure oil pump, oil bathed timing belt for 150,000 miles of use and double, variable phase overhead camshafts.
It also has direct ignition coils, valve actuation by fingers with roller bearings and zero lash hydraulic fulcrum, 1cm offset from block centreline crankshaft and ethanol cold start with no petrol injection required at all. Despite the higher power output, the new engine is 5% more fuel efficient on average than the current I4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
On the plus side, we might be THE country where these engines are to be made and exported. Possibly the first market to be introduced with this new series of engines.

bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 05:59   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sandeep, Brazil already has the new Ecosport, with new engines. Check out my post on last page.
Very strange. It was only yesterday I was looking up their Brazil mobile website and it showed a yellow color pre face lift Ecosport. I see the new one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The Dragon engine is a 1.5 L 3 cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine.
Thank you for the detailed information.

All these numbers are good on paper. The torque output isn't all that better compared to the old NA Duratec 1.5l.

Why oh why three pot? It is imbalanced by design. For those who care about engines, 3 pot ain't the way to go for a car in this segment. You can't ignore the price tag which will be north of 10 lac.

On the plus side, some really nice bits on the inside. This will be the selling point.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 27th July 2017 at 06:00.
Old 27th July 2017, 07:49   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Even I'd love to have the OEM projectors. The gen-1 ecosport's lights are pathetic, but just by looking at the photos, the headlamps look different, slightly "broader" than the current ones.
If the reflectors are like that of 2014 Fiesta, then it will do. There are separate pods for low and high beam and both works well.

Of course, projectors are superior and looks much cooler and needed for the higher variants nowadays. But it is not a necessity if the reflector design is well thought out.
Old 27th July 2017, 11:12   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok guys, I have some ver very exciting news to share with all of you.

First the verified info:

Ecosport refresh in our country is indeed coming with the DRAGON 1.5 L engine, with about 125-130PS, contrary to popular grapevine and auto journalist talk.

Also, along with the brand new engine, there will be an option for PADDLE SHIFTERS also.

The other info I can confirm is presence of 8inch SYNC 3 ICE, along with cruise control. This all is going directly in almost Creta territory. I hope the small display in the dashboard panel also makes it over.

Now, the slightly unsure bit:

The car official reveal, along with booking is sometime in October, followed by a price reveal in November, and the car itself is not expected to begin deliveries before December 2017. This all could change but this is the info I have got so far.

Needless, to say, I'm most excited about the Dragon engine coming to India, along with paddle shifters Have a look at this attached brazil review to get a better idea of the product.
Thanks for the information.
Any idea of Ecosport getting an automatic transmission with the diesel engine?
I will gladly exchange my current ecosport with the new one if it comes with Diesel automatic.
Old 27th July 2017, 12:43   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Thanks for the information.
Any idea of Ecosport getting an automatic transmission with the diesel engine?
I will gladly exchange my current ecosport with the new one if it comes with Diesel automatic.
No, Sir! Diesel engine will continue as it is, no info on pairing it with an Auto too.
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 18:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The red shade and grill make it look like a meanie There's a subtle chrome overload (not as loud as the upcoming S-Cross), which would mean that this could be the Indian facelift. The tail mount spare should confirm it, but predictable with these shots alone.
I agree the grill does look a lot better than the current one, which I find too "busy" ! This is a more mature look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
i don't like how the front looks rounded than before - the current grill is much more smart. And i hope the headlights are a straight fit to the current Ecosport cause i would love to have OEM projectors.
There does not seem to be any sheet metal changes in the front, hence I think the H/L should be a direct swap.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks