Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2017, 18:57   #256
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
then why this new engine with all this hype? is it just to replace the current 1.5 for the automatic version?
1. The Ecoboost numbers may be marginally better, but Dragon is a naturally aspirated engine. No turbo-lag too.
2. The 1.0 Ecoboost is offered only on Trend+ and Titanium+. All other petrol variants (Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium AT) come with the 1.5 Petrol, not just the AT.

As this is a NA engine, and manufactured in India, it'd give performance close to Ecoboost at much lower prices.
jetti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 07:53   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Whats going on at Ford? Still no news about the launch of Ecopsort? The festive season is here and will soon be over at this rate. People like to take deliveries during this period and not just book the vehicle. The Nexon is stealing all the limelight in this segment with no news of the Ecopsort whatsoever. What is taking Ford so long? Atleast they should announce the launch dates or release some information to keep buyers interested and probably give them a reason to wait for. Currently, if not for TBHP, many people won't even know that a new Ecopsort is coming.
Old 26th September 2017, 07:58   #258
Senior - BHPian

Morale at dealerships seems low with lots of unsold stock. Doesn't feel like a launch is round the corner. No idea whats happening.

C'mon Ford give us a blockbuster soon.
Old 26th September 2017, 09:16   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
1. The Ecoboost numbers may be marginally better, but Dragon is a naturally aspirated engine. No turbo-lag too.
2. The 1.0 Ecoboost is offered only on Trend+ and Titanium+. All other petrol variants (Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium AT) come with the 1.5 Petrol, not just the AT.

As this is a NA engine, and manufactured in India, it'd give performance close to Ecoboost at much lower prices.
Also along with heavy localisation, it also delivers good fuel efficiency figures, given it is still a 3 cylinder motor, over a turbo charged petrol motor.

Makes every sense over an Ecoboost at this point in time.
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 10:07   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Whats going on at Ford? Still no news about the launch of Ecopsort? The festive season is here and will soon be over at this rate. People like to take deliveries during this period and not just book the vehicle. The Nexon is stealing all the limelight in this segment with no news of the Ecopsort whatsoever. What is taking Ford so long? Atleast they should announce the launch dates or release some information to keep buyers interested and probably give them a reason to wait for. Currently, if not for TBHP, many people won't even know that a new Ecopsort is coming.
Exactly. I think the fact that Nexon has already taken the limelight has got something to do with Ford delaying the new Ecosport. They would still be racking their brains to decide on the pricing of the facelift. The new version looks well kitted but the pricing is going to be really crucial since EcoSport is already above the Brezza and Nexon and any further increase is only going to widen the gap and put them outside the competitive space they are targeting for. Really tough decision for Ford being the last mover now with a good product in hand.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 22:40   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
They would still be racking their brains to decide on the pricing of the facelift. Really tough decision for Ford being the last mover now with a good product in hand.
Thats so true if one thinks about it. Ford has a real tough dilemma here. On one hand the current car is already priced higher than the Nexon and Brezza. And if they increase prices even marginally, it comes very close into Creta territory. I expect prices to stay nearly the same.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 04:28   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Thats so true if one thinks about it. Ford has a real tough dilemma here. On one hand the current car is already priced higher than the Nexon and Brezza. And if they increase prices even marginally, it comes very close into Creta territory. I expect prices to stay nearly the same.
Don't think Ford is being forced by the competition. A hardcore Maruti guy or a safe-playing customer will never look beyond Brezza. Even Ford knows it. Nexon is a newly launched product and the reliability is still unknown. With Tata still working on gaining customer's trust, it is imperative that they price it at the minimum. However I feel Nexon is no contest for EcoSport and vice-versa. They sever different set of customers.

Ford, unlike Tata, has no such issues, with EcoSport being the best selling model for Ford. EcoSport is a proven produc and has equal level of equipment, if not more than the competition, in the facelift. It has its own merits and USP.

Ford must be waiting since the dealerships must have been saddled with inventory which must be first cleared before they can launch the new version. Or they must be performing some last set of testing on the new engine.

Any discounts announced by Ford on the existing stocks? That could be a dead-giveaway.
Old 27th September 2017, 06:50   #263
Senior - BHPian

The Nexon is rewriting the rules. I consider myself a 'safe-playing' customer. Wont look beyond the Maruti, as my Zen days are some of the best memories I have. I needed that Brezza but the build quality somehow did not convince me and I waited. The Nexon is ticking all the right boxes and is more than adequate challenger to the Ecosport unless Ford surprises us with the 4x4 or Diesel Auto. Build quality and features are right up there. Maruti has the service network advantage, but where does Ford stand here I wonder.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 07:18   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Don't think Ford is being forced by the competition. A hardcore Maruti guy or a safe-playing customer will never look beyond Brezza. Even Ford knows it. Nexon is a newly launched product and the reliability is still unknown.
Well to be honest only a handful of people, specially in the cities where Ford operates, are hardcore Maruti fans now. It is still the number 1 car manufacturer in the country but some of it is also because of its reach and spread across the country specially the tier II and III cities. More and more people these days are getting interested in non Maruti cars. The best example of this was when Ford was forced to give massive price cuts on the Ecosport soon after the launch of the Brezza. So be assures that Ford is losing customers to Maruti. With the Nexon things are only going to become more worse for them. Yes it might not sell 5000 units a month. But every unit it does manage to sell will amount to 1 less customer for Ford. And off late Tata has definitely come out of its shackles.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 07:26   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
but where does Ford stand here I wonder.
EcoSport is a proven product unlike Nexon. This is only for Diesel though. Its a level playing field for the Petrol version. Ford is cheaper to maintain, with transparent costs. It has 6 airbags and reported to have a Sunroof, although not entirely sure. The experience at sales and after sales outlet is reportedly better in Ford than Tata. So Ford does have its own USPs.

4X4 EcoSport simply does not make any economic sense because of cost factor as do Diesel Automatic variant. However a petrol Automatic is in the offing, a proper automatic and not a cheap AMT one, which currently the Nexon do not offer either in petrol or diesel versions. Even if Tata does offer automatic, it will only be the cheap AMT version. Will I be inclined to spend more than a million on a cheap AMT gearbox? Not in a million years. However if one has no issues with an AMT, then Ford does have a challenge at hand.
Old 27th September 2017, 07:52   #266
Senior - BHPian

Even I like the EcoSport. The new launch will mean a reset, and the old 'proven' model will be relegated to 'workhorse' status. Right now not much is known about EcoSport 2018 so I'm guessing it will be available only post Jan. TATA is changing. I had the best sales experience with the most knowledgeable sales guy in the near past, at one of the dealerships. But yes unfortunately the others were still stuck in a time warp. So the change is gradual, but its happening.

EcoSport has the Petrol Automatic right now and it's great. Fuel economy ranges between 8 and 9, and this is where AMT steps in. But I'm not convinced of AMT reliability myself, else would have booked Dzire AMT long back. Indians want Automatic with Mileage, and in the world of CVT, DSG and Torque Converters, such a proposition doesn't exist. Should be interesting to see what Maruti employs in the Brezza Automatic.
Old 27th September 2017, 15:08   #267
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Many thanks to Rohit Chavan for sharing!

Quote:
I was traveling from Mangalore to Mumbai on 23rd September. Near Kolhapur in Maharashtra, I spotted a towing truck with the new EcoSport.

I have seen many pictures of the new EcoSport on Team-BHP as well as other websites, but I observed some differences in that particular EcoSport.

1. Spare wheel was not mounted on the tailgate.
2. Car variant was mentioned as 'SE' which I haven't seen in Ford cars till date.
3. Alloy Wheels were also different from previously seen images.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20170923_155816963.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 15:20   #268
BHPian

Quote:
every unit it does manage to sell will amount to 1 less customer for Ford. And off late Tata has definitely come out of its shackles.
Not necessarily. If that is the case it should have happened with WR-V itself. Nexon will be successful and Ecosport will still retain its numbers. Compact Suvs/Crossovers are becoming market hits and the losers would be Compact Sedans mostly. It might take away Sedans that are over 10 lakhs showroom price.
Old 27th September 2017, 15:25   #269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Many thanks to Rohit Chavan for sharing!
Ecosport SE variant seems to be for the US; should be the India-built Ecosport for the US/NA markets?
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 16:59   #270
BANNED

The Ecosport face lift is not going to be launched before Diwali! The sales managers are having their training at Chennai plant on November 1,2 and 3. I think Ford is looking for Christmas/New Year time period for launch.

I'm doubtful whether a face lift can do anything serious to the dwindling fortunes of Ecosport. There was no harm in plonking a Auto box in a Diesel version, even if that's a gamble. They could have got some leverage. With Brezza and Creta pushing Ecosport into a tough spot, there is hardly anything that makes it stand out barring the build quality and safety features, which aren't sought after features in our country.
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks