Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2017, 23:06   #406
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
You make it sound as if you expect the Ecosport to replicate the success it enjoyed at the time of launch of the current variant.
That's not the case. For those like @Vish_Janu who want delivery quickly, it's important to book now so that they are first in queue to take delivery of
new Ecosport immediately post launch.

Ford may not witness crazy demand like 2103 when they first launched Ecosport, but if the pricing is right, one could quickly see a wait time of 2 months if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I was told the other way in Bangalore. Ford already stopped manufacturing old models and the dealers have not received their stock in October AFAIK.
Someone on TheAutomotiveIndia has reported booking a October manufactured Platinum edition and took delivery today. Clearly they did manufacture old Ecosport this month.

Quite possible that only few units were manufactured early October and shipped to dealers. We will know in about 10 days time when the sales data will be out. Total units shipped this month should see a drastic drop.

Last edited by damager21 : 21st October 2017 at 23:09.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:29   #407
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

I got a good deal on the existing 1.5D titanium but didn't get the colour I wanted. So I decided to wait for the new one. They are now behind me to buy the existing variant. They keep telling me that for diesel it's just cosmetic changes and mechanically is the same and the price is going to increase by 2 lakhs. But I am sure they can't do that. Also for the below reasons I feel it would be better to go for the new one or just wait.

1. Ford has been silently increasing the price, latest increase in October by about ₹15000. Strategy is to sell the old ones at seemingly attractive discounts and when the new one is released the price hike won't look significant.

2. In Chennai the ex-showroom price for the popular 1.5D titanium is ₹9.86 lakhs and just ₹14k less than the ₹10 lakh limit beyond which registration charges will increase from 10% to 15%. If the price of the facelift breaches the 10 lakh limit it will make the on the road cost increase by minimum ₹50000 just because of the tax.

3. If Ford still does increase the ex-showroom beyond 10lakhs it will be equivalent to killing the product. When it was launched in 2013 the only competition was the Duster which was anyway more expensive that the EcoSport and ford had a good time making frequent price increase. But now we have the Brezza, WRV and TUV300 all having good features and at very competitive pricing. Ford is now forced to keep this in mind.

4. I am expecting some features like push button start to be stripped off the titanium variant which is not a deal breaker for me. What's more useful is the updated Android Auto enabled touch screen. It is more ergonomic and easy to use compared to the navigation system on the existing model.

5. The existing design is 4+ years old. After 5 years it will surely show is age. It will be prudent to go for new one. However, personally I like the existing design than the upcoming one.

6. Though dealers tell otherwise,. I am expecting deliveries to start next month as production has already started. It's not a new car and just a facelift and training requirements are a lot less.

7. I already own the current version and I am very happy with it. 4years and 57000km, no niggles, no issues and an excellent car to own and drive. I am changing only for the lease option and the existing car is going to stay within the family.

8. If really the price goes up so steep then there is always the Nexon / WRV to fall up on.
Jude300 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 12:10   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Some more exciting and substantial news to share:

Harpreet Ford in New Delhi has opened New Ecosport pre-booking and as far as I understand, yours truly is the first one to book the ride. I have booked the top-end Dragon automatic, the sales advisor himself had little clue about exact model details, so whatever mentioned on the booking slip is my understanding of variants, and me coaxing him to write Dragon in brackets in the end.

Some are leaving tomorrow/day after for their training and we should get more details next week. I will of course share that here as and when I get them.

Meanwhile, I hope to get one of the earlier deliveries of the car in Mid-November, fingers crossed!
Any offer available on existing stock. Read about approximately two lacs off on ecoboost platinum.
Old 23rd October 2017, 19:08   #409
BHPian

Some credible information on the facelift:

The good:
1. Overall height reduced by nearly 30mm for greater stability. Ground clearance still @ 200mm
2. Armrest with storage in Titanium variant
3. Rear seats can be folded completely flat. You can make good bed, if camping. The seat base needs to be folded first and then the backrest making it really flat. Check out the Brazil ST line pics online for reference.
4. New 16" alloys for titanium and 17" for titanium+
5. Price is going to be competitive. I read that as mostly unchanged.
6. Black leather seats for titanium+ and black fabric for rest.

The bad:
1. No rear seat reclining in any variant.
2. Cruise control only in titanium+. So is the case now too but it could have been a good add on feature.
3. Deliveries could start only in December.

Overall, seems a lot promising.
Jude300 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:33   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Some credible information on the facelift:

The good:
1. Overall height reduced by nearly 30mm for greater stability. Ground clearance still @ 200mm
2. Armrest with storage in Titanium variant
3. Rear seats can be folded completely flat. You can make good bed, if camping. The seat base needs to be folded first and then the backrest making it really flat. Check out the Brazil ST line pics online for reference.
4. New 16" alloys for titanium and 17" for titanium+
5. Price is going to be competitive. I read that as mostly unchanged.
6. Black leather seats for titanium+ and black fabric for rest.

Thanks for the scoop!

However, I see a few problems.

Reduction in height of 3 cms will impact the headroom by a decent margin, unless the seat heights are dropped, which if done, defeats the point of an SUV.
The Eco-Sport was never unstable, so I don't see the benefit in reducing it's height, for stability purposes atleast.

On the other hand, if reducing the height enables them to soften the suspension a bit, so as to cure the current generation's harsh ride quality, then I would completely support this change.

Lastly, All Black trims for the seats will make an already narrow interior, look claustrophobic in my opinion.
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:55   #411
BHPian

https://twitter.com/sidpatankar/stat...66638271623170

This tweet from SVP, CNB talks something about "biggest unboxing of your life".
Isn't Ford used to promote using these Car unboxing videos?
Saw Lewis from @Unboxtherapy on youtube make some Ford unboxing videos.
So, if this from Ford, so it should be the Ecosport right?
It says October 25. Two days from now.
nagateja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 11:05   #412
BHPian

Autocar has already reviewed the Ecosport. The issue is on stands/getting there as per their editor, Hormazd.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-screen-shot-20171024-11.02.57-am.png
autorahul is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 11:14   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Courtesy Youtube channel Autotrend TV.

Also, cars have started arriving at dealerships in Tamil Nadu and Cochin.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-6.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-5.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-4.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th October 2017 at 11:43.
RavenAvi is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 12:01   #414
BHPian

Looks like a 6-speed gear box will NOT make it to the facelift this time around. Unless they provide it in the Titanium S variant. The current EcoSport is not known for its amazing mileage, thanks to it's low aerodynamic shape, and a 6th gear would've certainly improved things on the highway in terms of mileage and cruise-ability.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 12:12   #415
BHPian

Thanks RavenAvi for the Pics.

Having the current Ecosport at home, the Head lights looks bigger - could it be to house the projector lamps and relative heat dissipation or Ford heard that the current owners are complaining about the thin style and in its lesser light throw.

I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts that there could be door opening sensor in the door handle which will replace the request sensor button. One of a kind for the segment

Ecosport may not have long waiting time since Diesel Engines are fed from Chennai / Dragon series engines from Sanand. Also Chennai plant produces only Ecosport and Endeavour which does not choke the production line.
Old 24th October 2017, 13:08   #416
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened to the Titanium S variant- does anyone have any news on whether thesis being offered at launch? What are the differences with the regular variant?
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 13:46   #417
BHPian

Thanks RavenAvi for the pics. Happy to see them. These seem to be the titanium+ variant as they have the projector headlights. Heard the titanium doesn't get one.

Test drove the facelifted S-Cross today. Felt good. The two things that get a thumbs down are the slight lack of power and the lack of the SUVish looks, especially the boring back. For a longer car, I was also expecting a bigger boot.
Old 24th October 2017, 14:02   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Thanks RavenAvi for the pics. Happy to see them. These seem to be the titanium+ variant as they have the projector headlights. Heard the titanium doesn't get one.

Test drove the facelifted S-Cross today. Felt good. The two things that get a thumbs down are the slight lack of power and the lack of the SUVish looks, especially the boring back. For a longer car, I was also expecting a bigger boot.
I precisely like the S-Cross for the lack of butch SUV looks. It is a crossover and it looks like one. But yeah, the boot space is compromised because of the spare wheel..

I test drove the S-Cross and Ecosport back to back and felt the Ecosport to be cramped though they are of the same width.. Not sure if that's just my perception..
Old 24th October 2017, 14:28   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I test drove the S-Cross and Ecosport back to back and felt the Ecosport to be cramped though they are of the same width.. Not sure if that's just my perception..
On the inside, the Ecosport definitely feels much narrower so it's not your perception alone. IMHO, the wide center console eats into driver's knee room and makes it feel even narrower than it really is.
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 17:55   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

As per Car and Bike, it'll be launched on 29th October and go on sale later.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/2017-ford...ow-1766440/amp
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks