Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 19:23   #466
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
What do you see here ?

Attachment 1689285

Notice anything ?

What you asked for are all there here.

Now you shouldn't be worried.
I don't know where to look for side and curtain airbags in this. Can someone point out stuff in this image for novices like me?
Old 25th October 2017, 20:20   #467
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I don't know where to look for side and curtain airbags in this. Can someone point out stuff in this image for novices like me?
Probably, while replying to the first quote, he is referring to leather seats, cruise control etc. and not side airbags. Other pictures posted by Ravenavi too do not give any idea if the side/curtain airbags would be there in AT version.
Old 25th October 2017, 20:33   #468
BHPian

Confirmation that automatic will be available with side & curtain airbags and cruise control. Refer 1st and 17th photo. Most likely AT will be available in both Titanium and S variant.

Notice that 1st and 17th photo shows all black interiors with leather seats which is most likely the S variant while the 4th photo shows dual tone interiors with Cruise control which could be the Titanium+ variant with Manual transmission.

Other photos give away more details on accessories including scuff plates, new wheel cover, roof spoiler, rear seat entertainment system, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-4.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-5.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-6.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-7.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-8.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-9.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-10.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-11.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-12.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-13.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-14.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-15.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-16.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-17.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-18.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 25th October 2017 at 20:53.
damager21 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 21:25   #469
BHPian

This is not the first time Ford doing an online reveal like this.
Ford Europe did this for Ford KA+ (Figo) more than a year back with Lewis Hillsenteger from Unbox Therapy.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 23:59   #470
BHPian

WOW!! So many developments in the last 4 days.

Back from Goa and it seems the #NewEcosport test drives will be happening there in couple of days.

Overall I'm quite happy but I would love Ford to give us the Titanium+ option at launch for the ES Automatic as well.

Got few questions for y'all, would appreciate your inputs:

1) Is torque convertor better than DCT? I have read conflicting reports from multiple sources during my little research. What do you guys think?

2) What's up with the rear infotainment screen? I really hope Ford won't make us pay for it, and is given only as an optional additional accessory.

3) Are those projector lamps Xenon, do they emit white light?

4) Titanium+ is getting tyre pressure analyser and it would be part of the MID. Do lower variants like Titanium, which don't have that feature unfortunately (find that more practical than cruise control for my daily drive), will those variants have smaller MID or similar?

5) Any info on ICE, speaker brands etc?

Thanks everybody again. About to start reading the Autocar issue, will share any additional nuggets I would be able to find.
Old 26th October 2017, 02:33   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Depends on how good is this new 1.5.

...There is no replacement for displacement and it had significant turbo lag for city usage. Not to mention it was expensive despite falling in lower tax brackets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
EcoSport drive review by ACI,

Attachment 1689275
Linear PUNCH is better than linear Ecoboost has it's own strengths.

Ecoboost 1.0L was never a popular variant in our market. It may make economic sense to discontinue it but as a customer I have one less choice now and so I am a little disappointed.
akbaree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 03:48   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
1) Is torque convertor better than DCT? I have read conflicting reports from multiple sources during my little research. What do you guys think?
A well designed torque converter transmission is nearly as good as a dual clutch but will be a lot more reliable and abuse friendly in the long run. A dual clutch transmission is ill suited for slow moving stop and go traffic, the kind we have in India since its still putting power via one of the two clutches. Unless it is a sports car which is to be used on a track where a few millisecond gearshift difference may count, a torque converter transmission is more suited to everyday city and highway driving.

One of the most versatile 8 speed transmission being used in a variety of different car from a sports saloon to a sports car to a SUV is ZF and this one is not a dual clutch but a torque converter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

Last edited by extreme_torque : 26th October 2017 at 03:51.
extreme_torque is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 06:58   #473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Confirmation that automatic will be available with side & curtain airbags and cruise control. Refer 1st and 17th photo. Most likely AT will be available in both Titanium and S variant.
Those two pictures are probably of different cars – picture 1 probably is an export model; the rear middle seat got a 3-point seatbelt while in the other picture (17), it’s a lap belt.

It will be awesome if they have a fully loaded top end variant in both MT & AT.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 07:55   #474
Senior - BHPian

1) Even the current EcoSport gets 6 airbags for the AT. Yes, it gets that in the Titanium trim while the MT gets only two. The AT also gets ISOFIX, Traction Control, ESC, hill hold etc. So, I don't think Ford will demote the AT with the facelift.

All the good and expensive stuff is already part of the package in the Titanium trim itself. And since they have added paddle shifts and all, I don't think its a big deal to add auto wipers or headlights. Cannot confirm based on photos from ACI, they have included a few pics of the international variants. But Ford always equips the AT variants better compared to MT even in the same trim. So, I don't think we should be overtly concerned.

2) Coming back to the facelift, I am not sure I like those thick chrome bits on the grille. All black like the international variants look so cool. But it can easily be fixed.

3) Like the new alloys. If anyone is swapping the new 16" for aftermarket ones, I am all ears to put them on the Fiesta.

4) Glad to see two USB ports. If only one was linked to the start stop button, fitting a dash cam would have been so easy. The current USB ports are always live. Meaning its good for charging your phone when the car is off and locked but not for connecting a dash cam. Even though it should automatically switch off after 1 hour, a cam will drain the battery unlike a mobile. I hate all this hot wiring and stuff.

And great to see it being illuminated. In a Ford, all the interior bits light up when you open the door. And I mean all the back lit ones - like the window switches, ACC, instrument console, MID etc. One doesn't have to hit the start stop button for that. You take it for granted after a while, but its so difficult to live with other cars once you get used to it. I recently got a chance to drive a Duster at night and I was hunting for the switches in the dark. And most switches aren't back lit even when the battery is on. It felt so dark and unlivable.

5) Looks like Ford hasn't changed the plastic trim atop the dash. The grain on the plastic looks like the old one. Not sure whether its softer though. Fiesta gets a better trim for the top of the dash, doors etc (a bit like the one in Swift). It looks good but is rock hard. I thought they might do that for the EcoSport. The dash is anyways like an ocean and hard to miss. LOL

6) Is there a space for an woofer behind the brilliant touchscreen? The space where the old display sat is empty now.

Overall, the car looks good. Waiting to drive the new dragon engine. Though, I will miss the excellent EcoBoost. Yes, it was a misfit for the EcoSport especially in the city. But the way it moves on the highway is a sight to behold. I would have picked it up if Ford were to offer it in the Fiesta.
deetjohn is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 08:29   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Notice that 1st and 17th photo shows all black interiors with leather seats which is most likely the S variant while the 4th photo shows dual tone interiors with Cruise control which could be the Titanium+ variant with Manual transmission.
There's a paddle shifter behind the wheel in the fourth shot though, so it cannot be a manual transmission. I cannot imagine how there can be a variant with automatic transmission and cruise control (which indicates the Titanium+ trim) but with dual tone interiors (which is on the lower trims). Perhaps it's the elusive ‘S’ variant you guys keep bringing up, but wouldn't that only come with a manual transmission?
Old 26th October 2017, 13:20   #476
BHPian

So after going through the Autocar First Drive, found couple of extra bits of info:

1) The price listed is Rs 7.5 lakhs to 10.10 lakhs, if Ford sticks to that, I believe we should be able to have a Titanium Automatic version at less than Rs 10 lakhs.

2) The MID screen for Indian models is indeed a tiny monochrome screen and not the bigger colour display Brasilian models have got or what US will be getting. Very disappointed personally about that.

No mention of speaker set-up or brand in the review so if anybody got that info, share away! Also, no detailed info about projector headlamps.
Vish_Janu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 13:50   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
So after going through the Autocar First Drive, found couple of extra bits of info:

1) The price listed is Rs 7.5 lakhs to 10.10 lakhs, if Ford sticks to that, I believe we should be able to have a Titanium Automatic version at less than Rs 10 lakhs.
Yes, this could be the reason for doing away with the side and curtain airbags compared to the outgoing AT Titanium variant :-(

It looks like Ford is going for aggressive pricing, will not be surprised if some variants even undercut the Nexon!
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 14:35   #478
BHPian

The boot space has reduced from 362 ltr to 346 ltr comparing the outgoing version and this one. If this translates to increased rear leg room it would be nice. It is a trade off though.
Old 26th October 2017, 14:49   #479
BHPian

The information trickling in for the last couple of days has been great!! eagerly waiting for the new Ecosport!!

What is the date of launch? a post earlier on the forum stated launch date of 9th November while SVP's tweet calls it at 29th October, any clarity on the date?

Also when are the media drives in Goa planned?

Last edited by nikhil_d1106 : 26th October 2017 at 15:01.
Old 26th October 2017, 15:08   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Also when are the media drives in Goa planned?
To be unveiled to the media today. Drives start from tomorrow.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg
(Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks