Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2017, 13:33   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Just spoke to couple of Ford dealers in Bangalore. They are going to display the car in showrooms in next couple of days, may be from Thursday as tomorrow is a holiday in KA.

And since they started to get good stock of new car, the deliveries will start after official launch on Nov 9th and once price details are available.

If all the above becomes true, hope we can get the car delivery in November itself.
So no need to wait till January.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 13:34   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
As far as safety features are concerned, ABS with EBD and driver and passenger side airbags are standard across the range. Rear parking sensors and high-speed warning is available on Titanium and Titanium+ versions, while EBA (Emergency Brake Assist), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), traction control, hill launch assist, ISOFIX child safety seat mounting points, cruise control with speed limiter and side and curtain airbags are only offered the Titanium+ variant.
Why did you do this Ford? Why didn't you bring this car last year? I had stayed away from Ecosport due to a relatively new dealership here and secondly, the petrol automatic was not confidence inspiring. And now, with this loaded to the gills new Ecosport, I'm really sad. It's not that I'm not happy with my Brezza but with the safety features being given with Ecosport, it wins hands down by a very far margin compared to any other compact SUV. Will I change if I get an option, I seriously don't know. Heart says switch over to Ecosport, mind says I've gone nuts!

Last edited by BoneCollector : 31st October 2017 at 13:36.
BoneCollector is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 13:48   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

Now both MT and AT gets the following in Titanium + (Earlier ESP, TC, BA & HLA were confined only to AT)
As per my understanding of the brochure(Transmission part), the Petrol Trend+ and Petrol Titanium+ variants are available in Automatic transmission only.

Hence ESP, TC,BA & HLA will still be confined to AT only for petrol engines and Titanium+ variant of Diesel engine.
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:03   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
As per my understanding of the brochure(Transmission part), the Petrol Trend+ and Petrol Titanium+ variants are available in Automatic transmission only.

Hence ESP, TC,BA & HLA will still be confined to AT only for petrol engines and Titanium+ variant of Diesel engine.
I understood it differently.

Petrol Trend+ and Petrol Titanium+ variants are available in both MT & AT.
However, ESP, TC,BA & HLA will still be confined to AT version only of both trims.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:14   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
This is a cracking update from Ford. As a current Ecoboost owner, I think I just got hit by a drop in the resale value of my car.
Also,I am waiting for a review on the projector headlamps. Current headlight setup is really not effective. If its any good, will it be possible to plug and play the new setup into the older Ecosports?
I think the new headlamp cluster is of a slightly different size (bigger) than the old Ecosport. Hence it may not fit the old model.
Old 31st October 2017, 14:15   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
Petrol Trend+ AT and Petrol(MT & AT)/Diesel Titanium+ will be getting those features as standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post

Petrol Trend+ and Petrol Titanium+ variants are available in both MT & AT.
However, ESP, TC,BA & HLA will still be confined to AT version only of both trims.
No, Trend Automatic will get these, while Titanium+ Manual & Automatic in both forms (Petrol & Diesel) will get them as standard.

I hope the confusion has ended here.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:18   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

I hope the confusion has ended here.
Sorry, I am still a bit confused.
Does the Trend+ trim (the most VFM in my opinion), exist in Petrol MT?
Old 31st October 2017, 14:25   #623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
....Heart says switch over to Ecosport, mind says I've gone nuts!
You can have the best of both worlds.

Enjoy your car for a year or two then sell it for decent money (it's a Maruti). Ecosport would've settled down by then with real-world reviews and any significant niggles reported/sorted. You can make an informed decision then.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st October 2017 at 14:27.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:30   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Why did you do this Ford? Why didn't you bring this car last year? I had stayed away from Ecosport due to a relatively new dealership here and secondly, the petrol automatic was not confidence inspiring. And now, with this loaded to the gills new Ecosport, I'm really sad. It's not that I'm not happy with my Brezza but with the safety features being given with Ecosport, it wins hands down by a very far margin compared to any other compact SUV. Will I change if I get an option, I seriously don't know. Heart says switch over to Ecosport, mind says I've gone nuts!
I am in the same boat as you! Ford has addressed all the major points which kept me away from Ecosport when I purchased Brezza in April 2016. My heart also suggests me to switch
Nonetheless, If I had not purchased Brezza last year, mind & heart would both go hand in hand with Ecosport facelift.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:40   #625
BANNED

Quote:
Heart says switch over to Ecosport, mind says I've gone nuts!
"Switching cars frequently" is for people who sit on "piles" of money. We enthusiasts will also have the desire to do that (seeing better-equipped, safer or better-looking cars), but circumstances prevent it. It's just like seeing a beautiful girl after marriage, and thinking that I should have married this girl instead of the one I already have!

Enjoy your "ride" till you can, and switch when you are forced to do that.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 31st October 2017 at 14:45.
romeomidhun is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:42   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The ARAI fuel efficiency of the Petrol engine is rated at 17 km/l while that of the Diesel engine is 23 km/l.
I think the brochure has listed 17 kmpl for petrol manual while for automatic it is printed as 14.8. The first look reports on overdrive / autocar too seems to say 17 as the mileage, incorrectly.
Old 31st October 2017, 15:08   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Enjoy your car for a year or two then sell it for decent money (it's a Maruti). Ecosport would've settled down by then with real-world reviews and any significant niggles reported/sorted. You can make an informed decision then.
Yes, that does make a lot of sense and I would be doing something like that but after atleast 5 years and that too with maybe some other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I am in the same boat as you!
Don't worry mate, there would be many like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
"Switching cars frequently" is for people who sit on "piles" of money. We enthusiasts will also have the desire to do that (seeing better-equipped, safer or better-looking cars), but circumstances prevent it. It's just like seeing a beautiful girl after marriage, and thinking that I should have married this girl instead of the one I already have!

Enjoy your "ride" till you can, and switch when you are forced to do that.
That's a beautiful analogy (highlighted in bold) and maybe one of the best, you've hit it brilliantly making my mind win the battle.
Yes, I'm not sitting on piles of cash neither do I have the aforementioned health hazard! It's just a matter where you feel pained that why Maruti can't give such safety pack options even in their "Premium car" when others can. I'll be sticking with Brezza for another 5 years or so and then we'll have much better options to look at, even electrics and hybrids. Moreover with a slew of safety features becoming mandatory in 2019, these top notch safety features like ESC and 6 airbags would become the differentiating factor between brands.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 31st October 2017 at 15:17.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:13   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
I am not the one who changes car frequently (intent to use it for 7-8 years), and looking for a decent vehicle that's low on maintenance, and with good build quality.

So , for a running of up to 500-800 km/month and occasional long drives, the new Ecosport Petrol version may fit my above requirements , correct.

I am still waiting for the on-road price in Bangalore for the Titanium version.
If you are not looking at a petrol CSUV in 10-12lac space, look no further and put your money on Ecosport. Its super sturdy(even better than Germans), dirt cheap to maintain and as reliable as the Japanese. Its also probably the best fun to drive car in the segment.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:32   #629
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a great face-lift and makes it a very compelling choice in this segment. Now had it only got a 6 speed gearbox for the diesel, it would have been an absolute no brainer. Not only would it have have helped in quiter cruising but fuel efficiency as well.

But I guess considering how well the Breeza sells with the national engine and the 5 speed box, I guess it doesn't matter to a majority of buyers in this segment.

Last edited by SPARKled : 31st October 2017 at 15:33.
Old 31st October 2017, 15:55   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The only place in a car where one's eyes divert to/rest for the maximum time, except the road(s) ahead:

Seriously, couldn't they have designed the entire console to make it even a wee bit more interesting?

Unfortunate, specially in a car which redefined funkiness, edgy and futuristic styling when it was introduced to the world.
Too functional bordering on dysfunctional . In this day and age they could have done with a wee bit more imagination .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks