Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 11:21   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

As usual ACI puts out its drive review,

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-11.jpg

Quote:
The Dragon instantly impresses and is a massive improvement over the old 1.5 ‘Sigma’ engine it replaces. What immediately strikes you is how refined it is. You’ll be hard-pressed to tell it's a three-cylinder engine, except for a mild shudder at start-up. Ford has gone all out to smoothen out the thruminess or ‘first-order’ vibrations three-cylinder engines are known for, by deftly balancing all the moving parts in the Dragon. This motor gets balancer shafts (which themselves have been carefully balanced!), a flywheel that again is optimally balanced and engine mounts that are arranged in one plane to keep vibrations in check. It’s not just a lack of vibrations, the new engine is remarkably quiet too, even when you extend it to the 6,500rpm redline. Again, there’s a lot that’s been done to reduce noise levels. The drive belt is immersed in oil, and the hydraulic lash adjusters and roller finger followers for the valve actuation system have contributed significantly to lowering noise and friction too
Link

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2017 at 09:43. Reason: Small excerpt is enough :)
volkman10 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 11:40   #557
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Some more pictures of the ugly MID in action. Also Android auto and CarPlay. All pictures via twitter accounts.

Also, the new lightning blue is slightly different from the outgoing kinetic blue.

Initial thoughts already coming with Renuka Kirpalani calling the Petrol AT "great for city duty".
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-4.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-11.jpg  

Last edited by Vish_Janu : 30th October 2017 at 11:49.
Vish_Janu is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:04   #558
BHPian

Confirmation from Renuka Kirpalani about top spec coming to Petrol auto. Note the cruise controls, leather seating and 17 inchers.

but that MID ...... argghhhh! Why Ford why?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-capture.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:37   #559
BHPian

Autocar India have updated the variant details of the Ecosport facelift on their website.

Link

AT is available on Trend+ & Titanium+, with the Paddle Shifters reserved for the Titanium+.

The touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay system seems to be standard from Trend onward. Ambiente gets a more basic audio system.

No mention of leather seats anywhere though. I thought the current Ecosport came with leather seats on Titanium+. Have they discontinued it?
red.devil_19 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 12:41   #560
BHPian

More pics from the on going media drive. The dials do look too bland in otherwise a hot looking compact SUV

Overall initial feedback seems to positive. I think Ford has addressed most of the issues except for rear seat space and thick A pillars.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-4.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-5.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-6.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-7.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-8.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-9.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-10.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 30th October 2017 at 12:48.
damager21 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 13:00   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Autocar India have updated the variant details of the Ecosport facelift on their website.

Link

AT is available on Trend+ & Titanium+, with the Paddle Shifters reserved for the Titanium+.
No mention of the Titanium S! I guess we will have to wait for Ford to update the variants on the Ecosport site to confirm if the S is indeed coming now.

And yes, that MID looks awful. Below ordinary if you ask me. This is a small but significant miss in an otherwise brilliant package.
Old 30th October 2017, 13:11   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Confirmation from Renuka Kirpalani about top spec coming to Petrol auto. Note the cruise controls, leather seating and 17 inchers.

but that MID ...... argghhhh! Why Ford why?
That MID looks like a hobby project of a student. I remember doing such things when in school. VISHA kits something..They'd sell such hobby projects.
The worst they could have done was to carry over the existing one which way better. I think Ford has reserved the US/Brazil cluster for end of life facelift.

I did not like the central touch screen display design. It stands up like you have placed it there ad hoc. It should have been integrated into the dash with all sides flushed in.

Sad that ecoboost is laid to rest. It was a great engine on highways.

Has the manual gearbox seen any improvement is something a buyer should see because the erstwhile unit wasn't the best.
Old 30th October 2017, 14:16   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Unlike what we were all hoping for, it is confirmed that the crummy monochrome screen for the MID is the only one on offer across all variants. Oh well, it’s a small kink in what is otherwise a spellbinding package.
Off course.

I can live with the monochrome bit for the MID. It is the size of it and more important the entire cluster itself. Looks out of place in car that is so well kitted. While it is not a deal breaking thing, I do like a nice instrument cluster. It is the drivers cockpit after all. The outgoing Ecosport instrument cluster looks so much better compared to this.

What is strange is that the UK edition of the same car gets a better if not very different instrument console. The MID is bigger too and you get chrome rings around the two meters. Its small design element but makes such a big difference.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 30th October 2017 at 14:20.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 14:28   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post

Link

The touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay system seems to be standard from Trend onward. Ambiente gets a more basic audio system.

No mention of leather seats anywhere though. I thought the current Ecosport came with leather seats on Titanium+. Have they discontinued it?
I wish we had an option of Titanium on the automatic version, as I find spending extra on cruise control wasteful for Indian city driving. Considering mileage and comfort would have also preferred 16 inch tyres of Titanium, rather than 17 inchers.

Trend +, without paddle shifters, projector lamps, keyless start and entry is too bland to even consider.

The only saving grace of Titanium + could be 6 airbags which are important, and leather seats (which I hope they have).

and I know I'm being difficult right now, but paying top rupee and still getting that shitty, ugly MID is just tragic man!

Mod Note: Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and the use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th October 2017 at 15:31.
Old 30th October 2017, 14:38   #565
BHPian

Ah! Finally a decent AT in the top trim. I had made up my mind to pick the Creta diesel but now have to wait till I get to drive the EcoSport Auto.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:03   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
I wish we had an option of Titanium on the automatic version, as I find spending extra on cruise control wasteful for Indian city driving. Considering mileage and comfort would have also preferred 16 inch tyres of Titanium, rather than 17 inchers.

Trend +, without paddle shifters, projector lamps, keyless start and entry is too bland to even consider.

The only saving grace of Titanium + could be 6 airbags which are important, and leather seats (which I hope they have).

and I know I'm being difficult right now, but paying top rupee and still getting that shitty, ugly MID is just tragic man!
Let's wait for the pricing. My sense is that if Ford was to launch Titanium AT and Titanium+ AT, the price difference would have been 75k.

So far a little more you would get all of the following which I think is worth it
*Isofix child-seat mounts at the rear
*Cruise control with adjustable speed-limiting device
*Side and curtain airbags
*Automatic wipers
*Automatic headlamps
*Illuminated glove box
*Tyre pressure monitoring system
*Reversing camera
*Paddle shifters (automatic only)

Last edited by bblost : 30th October 2017 at 16:30. Reason: Quoted post has been edited.
Old 30th October 2017, 15:31   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Hi Friends,

I have a question related to Android auto & Apple car play. Can we use apps like Gaana, Saavn or Youtube with them or just Navigation apps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
You can use most (if not all) of the apps on your phone.
I disagree. Only a few apps would be compatible with Android Auto(AA) & Car Play(CP). Video playing apps (Youtube, netflix etc.) & social media apps (facebook, insta etc.) will never get approved for AA/CP compatibility by Google/Apple due to safety reasons.

Out of approx 140 apps I use on my OnePlus, just 3 apps are compatible with Android Auto : Play music, Google maps & Gaana (Saavn is not compatible yet)

Edit: Removed messaging apps from 'Not compatible' list after nd4$pd pointed out that read out/ reply features are supported by a few messaging apps using AA.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 30th October 2017 at 15:44. Reason: Factual correction.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:35   #568
BHPian

Just noticed, the MID we had previously seen on The AutoTrend TV scoop video looks different than the one we have been seeing in the Titanium + variant in the media drives today.

Makes me believe only the Titanium S is going to get this MID. Your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosporttitaniumstrim110026.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosporttitaniumstrim110025.jpg  

Old 30th October 2017, 15:37   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I disagree. .. messaging apps (whatsapp etc.) ... will never get approved for AA/CP compatibility by Google/Apple due to safety reasons.
Messaging apps (including WhatsApp) work with Android Auto. You can have the car read out your messages and then reply to them using voice (not ideal, but AA does a pretty good job with India accents).
You just cant type out your replies.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 15:42   #570
BHPian

Facelift looks delicious! Now that they've put in a tpms, hope customers will not have to rush to check air pressure 1st thing after taking delivery, as seems to the case with most cars. I think someone had pointed out that this error occurs because they are using the wrong units while checking pressure before delivery.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks