Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 18:43   #586
BANNED

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

As per the autocar's variant article online, the automatic would be available in Trend+ and Titanium+ variants. Which makes a lot of sense, and would offer a good spectrum of variants for AT buyers.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 19:00   #587
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

As per autocar, Ford is offering switchable traction control and hill-start assist on all variants of this EcoSport. Love this if true
junky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 19:13   #588
BHPian

Where did you get that? Hill start assist and traction control are only offered with an automatic transmission in Ford cars in India, including this one.
Old 30th October 2017, 19:26   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Where did you get that? Hill start assist and traction control are only offered with an automatic transmission in Ford cars in India, including this one.
Its up on the autocar review (just after the engine bay pic)
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-406389

Last edited by junky : 30th October 2017 at 19:27.
Old 30th October 2017, 19:40   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Hey there's a new engine to deal with, so you think a new engine is non critical It's unanimous decision that the new Dragon 1.5 L 3 cyl is better in every way than the outgoing 1.5L sigma petrol and the DCT has had it's fair share of failures compared to the old school torque converter auto box; I'm not ready to buy into the argument it's coming in the interests of costs; I feel a torque converter works better and is more durable than a DCT in the stop and go Indian urban traffic grind: it's Ford's way saying that DCT isn't too durable for Indian conditions.
Thanks for your advices. Had missed on DCT gearbox being replaced with traditional torque convertor. Nor was i aware of DCT failures. I need to do more research☺️.

On engine front, I opine that today's engines can be made better only incremental. My bread and butter is engine maintenance and every time I have to work on newer version I have fair shares of issues but have to admit that they burn more and more lean and fuel efficient.
Old 30th October 2017, 19:41   #591
BHPian

If there's one thing common to all the reviews that have been published so far, it's that the engine improvements are anything but incremental. Then there are the host of other changes. I really don't see the argument in favour of purchasing the older car, no matter how large the discount. The dealers are willing to offer large discounts because they know that it's a tremendously bad deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Its up on the autocar review (just after the engine bay pic)
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-406389
Quote:
The good news is that Ford is offering switchable traction control and hill-start assist on the top variants of this EcoSport.
It says "the top variants", not "all", and it's only the automatic trims even among the top variants. I don't understand why Ford makes this distinction though. Perhaps because automatics are a strength for them and they want to encourage India's transition to them, so they can get a leg up on the competition.

Last edited by aryayush : 30th October 2017 at 19:46.
Old 30th October 2017, 19:48   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
It says "the top variants", not "all", and it's only the automatic trims even among the top variants. I don't understand why Ford makes this distinction though. Perhaps because automatics are a strength for them and they want to encourage India's transition to them, so they can get a leg up on the competition.
seems like they have corrected it now, i copied from the same review and pasted here
junky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 21:20   #593
BHPian

Two things I noticed in the Autocar review.

The wind deflector near the ORVM:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-deflector.jpg

The ABC pedals get metal plates in the Titanium (as the variant reviewed is Titanium):

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-abc.jpg
Jude300 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 21:27   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Is there anyone who has managed to get max discount on current model? I am going to showroom tomorrow and know for sure that they have some 1.5ATs in stock. I can live with current model if it comes with good discounts as I think i will lose only on some non critical features.
I plan to exchange my current car n hence also counting on exchange bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Please do let us know the discounts they offer you.
I managed to get a discount of approx 70k in the last week of August. Car purchased from Bhavna Ford, Panvel.

Didn't bother to wait for the facelift because apart from the good discount, the car bought was the diesel ambiente which will not have any major changes, except for the refreshed looks.

But since you are planning for the petrol AT, I think you should definitely consider the facelifted model. Why? Simple. It's got a new heart
Old 30th October 2017, 21:42   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Thanks for your advices. Had missed on DCT gearbox being replaced with traditional torque convertor. Nor was i aware of DCT failures. I need to do more research☺️.

On engine front, I opine that today's engines can be made better only incremental. My bread and butter is engine maintenance and every time I have to work on newer version I have fair shares of issues but have to admit that they burn more and more lean and fuel efficient.
All said and done never rush towards a new engine, it's better to wait for a few months to see how it fares and then take the plunge. If you can get hold of the diesel at a fat discount that would be great. Petrol's in the Ecosport both the 1.5L Sigma and 1.0L Ecoboost have been slow sellers.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 22:30   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

The only place in a car where one's eyes divert to/rest for the maximum time, except the road(s) ahead:

Seriously, couldn't they have designed the entire console to make it even a wee bit more interesting?

Unfortunate, specially in a car which redefined funkiness, edgy and futuristic styling when it was introduced to the world.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th October 2017 at 22:43.
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 22:46   #597
BHPian

I own a Ford Figo. The single most thing I would vote to change in my car is the Instrument Cluster.
Ford has taken to another level with the blandness of this instrument cluster. Look at the empty space, reminds me of the black boards in my school.
I like everything else though. :-)
jayakumarkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 22:57   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
I own a Ford Figo. The single most thing I would vote to change in my car is the Instrument Cluster.
Ford has taken to another level with the blandness of this instrument cluster. Look at the empty space, reminds me of the black boards in my school.
I like everything else though. :-)
Yes, the instrument cluster is shockingly bland. Looks straight out of a 90s car. The present one is so much better. But then, everything else about new Ecosport is good. And, wise of them to have ditched DCT in favour of Torque Converter (TC). TCs are hugely reliable and extremely abuse-friendly. In any case, the DCT Ecosport was not known for performance. So, I'm sure no one will miss DCT.
Old 30th October 2017, 23:08   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The only place in a car where one's eyes divert to/rest for the maximum time, except the road(s) ahead:

Seriously, couldn't they have designed the entire console to make it even a wee bit more interesting?

Unfortunate, specially in a car which redefined funkiness, edgy and futuristic styling when it was introduced to the world.
While close up shot shows the ugliness, the console when lit up and seen from drivers distance does not look too bad.

Name:  Ecosport.png
Views: 3687
Size:  373.9 KB

Also if you look at the International version, its not too different. The dials are exactly the same except that there is a what seems to be chrome circular boundary which is missing in the Indian version (the boundary makes it look better) and there is a larger color MID

Name:  Ecosport 1.png
Views: 3603
Size:  232.4 KB

However 2 key points:
1. The MID seems to be small and at such a distance, reading text maybe get tough
2. I believe the color MID unit available in the global models may not have costed Ford more than INR 800. Post manufacturing even if the entire cost would have doubled, I think it was worth-while for Ford to have offered the larger color MID and passed on the cost to consumers. Color MID should have been there in the Titanium and Titanium+ variants

It's like you have worn the best dress for someone's wedding... the moment you step out from the house, a crow shits on your dress. While you clean it out and you know everything is looking fine, you still realize that there is a bit of stain on this spot and that spot will continue to trouble you for sometime

Having said that let's not forget that Ford has really packed in everything. 6 airbags, cruise control, new engine, new Automatic gearbox, wider driver seats, 8" touchscreen, AT in top variant, projector headlamps with LED DRLs and many more.

Hopefully they price it sensibly which should be a possibility given that there is 20% more localisation

Last edited by damager21 : 30th October 2017 at 23:20.
damager21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 00:03   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Every chance it will be possible to swap the instrument cluster of the Indian Ecosport with that of the international version. Should be a direct plug and play, assuming both are calibrated to kmph and liters. This is pretty simple and common mod in VAG cars. No reason for it to be any different here.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks