Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2017, 16:04   #631
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

All the good things aside, things which put me off a lot, may be because we saw other versions' pictures already on our forum:
1. Shiny Silver Floral alloys. Not black/Dual tone
2. No S variant
3. Small MID
And what irks me much more is, If ford launches an S variant or a Black edition or some Platinum edition later after we buy this launch version.
I'll be seriously pissed off if that happens because its already been a long wait and I need to buy soon
On a side note, need some information from prior ecosport owners, did ford offer any deals to get the platinum edition alloys on exchange, and do they offer a swap at all? I infact don't mind the current platinum edition alloys. They look great.

Last of all doubts, the seat covers which are shown in the brochure, are they Airbag compatible ones, or just another PU covers? Because this information and clarity is hardly available with the dealers/sales agents.
nagateja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 16:06   #632
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The only place in a car where one's eyes divert to/rest for the maximum time, except the road(s) ahead:

Man, that instrument cluster is some cost costing!

Looks so empty at the center. See what the export model Ecosports get:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-images.jpeg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-images-1.jpeg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st October 2017 at 16:07.
Gannu_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 16:20   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The only place in a car where one's eyes divert to/rest for the maximum time, except the road(s) ahead:

Unfortunate, specially in a car which redefined funkiness, edgy and futuristic styling when it was introduced to the world.
Don't know what it is with Ford India and plain-jane speedometers. First it was with Aspire and Figo, now this. They could have retained the pre-facelift speedometer if they wanted to save costs. All these from a company which gave nice looking speedos in the previous gen Fiesta and the one before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Man, that instrument cluster is some cost costing!
Looks so empty at the center. See what the export model Ecosports get:
I remembered you when I first saw that speedometer. It'd be very helpful to the future owners if you could write a DIY thread on how to swap the Indian speedometer with the international one
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 16:26   #634
BHPian

Except for the boring MID, the new Ecosport looks like a very attractive package!

The fuel efficiency for the diesel variant has been increased from 22.3kmpl to 23 in the new one as per the brochure. If the engine and gearbox combo has been retained and the design apart from the grill is also the same, I wonder what this increase in mileage attributable to??
Old 31st October 2017, 17:05   #635
Team-BHP Support

Trend+ getting 16-inch steel wheels is another good thing.
Future possibility to buy the Titanium variant alloys from another owner who's upgrading for a decent price, or direct from Ford if priced sensibly.
Old 31st October 2017, 17:33   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
All the good things aside, things which put me off a lot, may be because we saw other versions' pictures already on our forum:
1. Shiny Silver Floral alloys. Not black/Dual tone
2. No S variant
3. Small MID
And what irks me much more is, If ford launches an S variant or a Black edition or some Platinum edition later after we buy this launch version.
I'll be seriously pissed off if that happens because its already been a long wait and I need to buy soon
Now this is something playing on my mind too. I'm not particularly a fan of Floral design. It may look pleasing to some people, but for me it looks a little too flowery!

Just look at these sweet looking alloys from the spied Titanium S:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img20171011wa0035.jpg

If the AutoTrend TV scoop is anything to go by, the Titanium S may very well come with the MID on the international version:

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosporttitaniumstrim110025.jpg

Which is why, I am going to wait for the Titanium S. Even though I really want to get my hands on a new car, I have decided to wait. I really hope Ford can make my wait worthwhile.
DasJager is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 18:21   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
Attachment 1691178

Which is why, I am going to wait for the Titanium S. Even though I really want to get my hands on a new car, I have decided to wait. I really hope Ford can make my wait worthwhile.
Me too! Not a fan of those flashy chrome finish all around.
But will there be an option for all black interiors on the titanium S version? Those orange inserts are a let down for me.
Old 31st October 2017, 19:25   #638
Team-BHP Support

I kind of agree the MID and dials are boring but I kind of prefer the normal dials over the ones with the shroud for the tacho and speedo so I am not complaining. The centre MID is sad especially after seeing the export one.

However if you observe carefully, it's very similar to the old one without the silver shrouds. The layout is identical to the old one as well but none of the plastic surrounds/inserts. The only good thing is the temp gauge is back! Which I like.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 19:31   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
Me too! Not a fan of those flashy chrome finish all around.
But will there be an option for all black interiors on the titanium S version? Those orange inserts are a let down for me.
I too dont like that orange lines. I like black interiors only.
Old 31st October 2017, 20:24   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I kind of agree the MID and dials are boring but I kind of prefer the normal dials over the ones with the shroud for the tacho and speedo so I am not complaining. The centre MID is sad especially after seeing the export one.

However if you observe carefully, it's very similar to the old one without the silver shrouds. The layout is identical to the old one as well but none of the plastic surrounds/inserts. The only good thing is the temp gauge is back! Which I like.
I agree, I don’t mind this too, I mean its not a deal breaker because everything else seems to be pretty fantastic, the binnacle might have been deleted probably because a lot of people complained about the quality. Copying from team Bhp official review

The sporty instrument console. Dials are easy to read. Only 1 trip-meter available. Binnacle is poorly fitted; we could shake the entire unit with a light hand:

Last edited by blurust : 31st October 2017 at 20:26.
Old 31st October 2017, 20:32   #641
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-capture.jpg

Good news for people who are looking ahead to buy the new EcoSport.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 20:38   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Why did you do this Ford? Why didn't you bring this car last year? I had stayed away from Ecosport due to a relatively new dealership here and secondly, the petrol automatic was not confidence inspiring. And now, with this loaded to the gills new Ecosport, I'm really sad. It's not that I'm not happy with my Brezza but with the safety features being given with Ecosport, it wins hands down by a very far margin compared to any other compact SUV. Will I change if I get an option, I seriously don't know. Heart says switch over to Ecosport, mind says I've gone nuts!
Hi. In slightly more than a year's time Hyundai will launch its compact SUV that promises to blow the competition out of the water. I think you should wait for that one before deciding on the switch!
Old 31st October 2017, 20:44   #643
BHPian

Went to a Ford showroom in Mumbai. There was not a single customer in the showroom.

As expected they did not have the new Ecosport on display yet. I asked them what their plans were, the SA mentioned that the training is still On so they do not have any details about the new Ecosport and don't know when it will be up for display. The SA claimed that he did not have any info about the new Ecosport as training is still On. I didn't want to waste my time wanting to know about the variants. I wanted to check seating space in the old Ecosport as that in the new one will be similar.

I told the SA that the launch is on 9th Nov so can I expect to see it in flesh on 9th? He mentioned that 9th Nov is a launch date which is floating online but they do not have any concrete information from Ford yet so as soon as the details are available he will call me.

I asked him about the bookings as well, he mentioned bookings open next week.

He asked me to fill my details on a form and after 5mins following is the conversation we had

SA: Sir, bookings will open soon
Me: From which date due to accept bookings
SA: Today. I spoke to my senior and he said that we are opening bookings
Me: Have you taken any booking yet
SA: Yes
Me: How many?
SA: Its just opened today
Me: What is the booking amount?
SA: 1 lac?
Me: What
Me: Usually the booking amount is 11k or 20k why 1lac?
SA: Lot of people book initially and then cancel. To avoid that we are asking for 1lac so that only those who are serious will book
Me: What if I pay 1 lac and cancel? Do I get a full refund?
SA: For now Yes, but once the car is allocated if you cancel, we will deduct fees

Isn't 1lac a ridiculous booking amount to ask for? I hope Ford dealers do not get into this high headed attitude once the car gets launched.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 21:05   #644
BHPian

For a guy who prebooked the Ecosport in 2013 and spent 4+ years with it, I am very pleased to see ford come up with a good facelift. I was not excited during the Brezza or Creta launch, but this is super exciting. If I was in the market for replacement, the updated Ecosport would be at the top of my list.
May be 2 years down the line when I am truly ready, we might just have an AWD with a Diesel Auto.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 21:40   #645
BHPian

From what is available on the leaked brochure, the difference between variants, apart from minor interior touches -

Trend over ambiente
-Auto AC
-Mobile Navigation, android auto, apple carplay
-6.5 inch touchscreen infotainment
-Audio and bluetooth control on steering
-Sunvisor mirror for passenger
-Sync 3 with voice control
-Dual USB ports with illumination
-B pillar blackout
-Steering wheel silver insert
-Driver and passenger seat back pockets

Trend + over Trend