Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2017, 14:37   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
This is going in circles again I believe in the NCAP report that gives 5 stars for Ecosport crashing against another Ecosport or Nexon or a car of similar size.

NCAP doesn't shell out numbers on relative (to a car of totally different size/weight) safety comparisons. That's where the bare basic laws of physics prevails as they themselves says. I feel Hexa is being pictured as a 2 decade old Tata Truck here- the car is indeed modern.

You may want to check out the link that I shared in my earlier post.
It is not. The NCAP crash tests are standardized for all vehicles and don't change the obstacle,speed etc. Physics is not all about weight, it also includes design, materials used, height, center of gravity etc. Hexa is modern, but is still a ladder frame which in general not considered to be safe as monocoque. And we are not talking about which one wins the battle here on head on collision, but about being safer overall. This includes collision against stationary object, toppling over, side impact etc.

Talking about links there are a plenty which also say "bigger heavier cars are not necessarily safe as we think".
http://bestride.com/news/safety-and-...essarily-safer

Anyway I don't want to go off topic and my original point(In reply to a query) was more the safety kit the merrier and a 6 airbag Ecosport should be the pick anyday against a 2 airbag Hexa If safety is the priority.

EDIT: I stand corrected w.r.to NCAP as the frontal test is against a car of similar size but stick to my words that 2 airbag Hexa cannot be called safer until proved.

Last edited by PrideRed : 28th November 2017 at 14:50.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 14:53   #1307
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This problem was always there in the Ecosport. But it took me exactly 3 days to adjust my seating position and the way i use the pedals. Haven't faced it after that in 4 years of ownership of my Ecosport.

Larger feet especially tall people will have their tip of the shoe brush against the steering rod and the left of the shoe will get stuck with the dead pedal.

Also, seating position is lowest setting and bit back which helps alleviate this as well.

I was able to get this as the best possible position after adjusting the seat to your recommendation, still the foot lightly brushes, but much lesser than before. Thanks!
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171128_122440.jpg
Dramitn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 16:48   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
OK so managed to test drive the Dragon automatic. Pleasant surprise from the earlier MT drive as the auto is brilliantly tuned for city drives with controlled nvh. Sports mode was OK but D mode does the job as designed. Fuel economy showed a mere 7.5 kmpl.
Did you check the unit of measure? By default it is set to l/100km. I did not realize this first. As I kept driving, the number started going down from 11 to 10, 9 to 8.2 and I was really concerned. Then realized my mistake and changed the unit of measure to kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
That is very encouraging Vish_Janu. The same was reported in some media test drive as well. Thanks for keeping us posted.
I did a 200km drive last Sun with highways and some good traffic conditions. I got around 12kmpl. In my opinion, it should give around 10-10.5 in the worst bumper to bumper traffic. Let me start using this car for my daily commute and I would be able to report more accurate number.

Mine is Titanium + AT as well. Driving was fun and absolutely smooth. Enjoyed the ride every bit.

Last edited by vprabu : 28th November 2017 at 16:52.
vprabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 19:52   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
I was able to get this as the best possible position after adjusting the seat to your recommendation, still the foot lightly brushes, but much lesser than before. Thanks!
Attachment 1700242
Well, I used to use the clutch the way you have placed in your foot in the pic. But ever since I moved to the EcoSport I started to place the left foot a little tilted towards the left. I ve got used to it now. But if you keep your foot straight you will continue to rub the steering rod especially when you wear narrow nosed formal shoes.
Old 29th November 2017, 10:07   #1310
BHPian

I have almost made up my mind to book a petrol titanium MT. I had checked out the vehicle and fully satisfied with everything except the rear legroom. I currently own a 2014 Figo diesel and felt the legroom is almost the same or a little lesser (maybe because of the shorter seat of the Figo). A friend of mine is insisting me to check out the S cross (though I have made up my mind to buy a petrol car this time). Not sure just for a few cms of leg room I should go for an S Cross. Can this leg room thing be a deal breaker? Thoughts?
Old 29th November 2017, 10:24   #1311
BHPian

The alpha variety costs 11.29 lakhs ex-showroom in Bangalore, the titanium+ is costing10.6 lakhs ex-showroom in Bangalore
For a difference of approx 62 thousand you would be getting a car with more leg room, but lacking the safety features,better engine of EcoSport and quite a few other features, so that brings you to the decision if it's worth it.
If rear leg room is your main criteria, then EcoSport would lose out on it.
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 10:51   #1312
Distinguished - BHPian

ANCAP 2013 test result? 5 STARS
http://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratin...cosport/511601

EURONCAP 2013 test result? 4 STARS
https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/ford/ecosport/8867

LATINNCAP 2013 test result? 5 STARS for Adult and 3 STARS for Child
https://www.latinncap.com/en/result/...-from-aug-2013

Is the Ford Ecosport sold in India same as the versions tested in ANCAP, EURONCAP or LATINNCAP? I don't know.

Does Tata Hexa have any ANCAP, EURONCAP, LATINNCAP tested rating? No

We don't know the official safety ratings of the Indian Ecosport or Hexa. But there's an argument on which is more safer.

The Ecosport has some NCAP reference data but apparently, it doesn't matter for some, because they seem to know more about safety and physics than the collective wisdom of the NCAP bodies.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 11:11   #1313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The alpha variety costs 11.29 lakhs ex-showroom in Bangalore, the titanium+ is costing10.6 lakhs ex-showroom in....
The Titanium MT petrol is under 10L ex-showroom, so it would be significantly cheaper when you account for the extra road tax savings.
Old 29th November 2017, 11:24   #1314
BHPian

On road price for Titanium MT petrol in Bangalore is 11,14,500 whereas S cross is 12+ (not sure about it). Rear legroom is not a big concern since I will be on the driving seat always.
Old 29th November 2017, 14:52   #1315
BHPian

Can anybody (who has already got the delivery of New Ford EcoSport Titanium+ AT) tell me which brand of stock tires have been fitted from the factory?

Also, in case you have swapped them for a different make, then which make was that and where did you get them from?
Old 29th November 2017, 17:20   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The alpha variety costs 11.29 lakhs ex-showroom in Bangalore, the titanium+ is costing10.6 lakhs ex-showroom in Bangalore
For a difference of approx 62 thousand you would be getting a car with more leg room, but lacking the safety features,better engine of EcoSport and quite a few other features, so that brings you to the decision if it's worth it.
If rear leg room is your main criteria, then EcoSport would lose out on it.
The legroom in the Ecosport ain't that bad. The main disadvantage I see is the width of rear bench in Ecosport, the SCross should score better. The suspension setup offers better ride than the stiff one's in Ecosport. But In all other comparison be it safety,equipment, engine etc. Ecosport should be the pick anyday. Had the Scross been available with 1.6, the story would be different but with 1.3 as the only option, I don't see a reason to switch to SCross unless you travel 5 people on board always.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 17:25   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Can anybody (who has already got the delivery of New Ford EcoSport Titanium+ AT) tell me which brand of stock tires have been fitted from the factory?
A acquaintance of mine has taken the delivery of the vehicle, he has got the Bridgestone tyres on it.

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2017 at 17:42.
Old 29th November 2017, 17:47   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post

Also, in case you have swapped them for a different make, then which make was that and where did you get them from?
Bridgestone ecopia Sir, purely a mass market budget tire. No options in the same size except for Apollo aspire 4g. Please let us know if you have something in the same size. I have tried to Enquire every brand possible in this size, but have not been successful.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 23:16   #1319

Wait is over!!! Got my Titanium+AT delivered today...

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1511977411.744740.jpg
jins is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 23:30   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jins View Post
Wait is over!!! Got my Titanium+AT delivered today...
Congrats dude!! The beast looks amazing. Please post more pics and enjoy your time!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks