Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 11:45   #1261
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I understand this incident would have spoiled your day. However, I am pleasantly surprised by the honesty shown by the involved people. It is great that they acknowledged the issue and retained the car for resolving it. This will definitely work for you in the long run. And who knows, maybe they play the congratulations song again for you when you take the final delivery

Please ensure that you ask them for details of the analysis and corrections done. I hope this will be easily fixed with a part replacement or similar.

It was good for you that you asked them to fill in fuel there itself. If you noticed it later, nobody knows how they would acknowledge the issue.
I would also recommend not to sign off on any delivery papers till you get the car home; just to be safe.

Maybe the fuel filling request should be added as a task to the TBHP PDI checklist
Agree and that is what I felt too. They even offered me a replacement car and I politely refused as I have two cars already and it is not required. If the issue happened post the delivery, it could have been considered our fault than theirs.

So, I concluded it is all for good. Let them tighten all the screws and check every part of the car carefully.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 13:14   #1262
VR4
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Hey, thanks for the post. I can find Michelin, Yokohama, hankook and some other manufacturers in the sizes that you had mentioned earlier. I don't want to upsize sir, if there's anything available in 205/50 r17, I'd be happy to change. Unfortunately here I am getting pilot sport 4 not PS4 ST in grey. But that's a very expensive tyre. any help appreciated sir.
You can check out Pirelli as well on the link mentioned below.

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...ize/205_50-r17
Old 24th November 2017, 13:43   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
So after the briefing, went inside the showroom. While we are eagerly waiting for the car to show up, the service guy walked towards us and said he heard some noise is coming from the hose that connects engine / exhaust and had taken the car for inspection. Apparently, the person who I paid to fuel up noticed it and reported it to the service....
Could it be due to something that a rat chewed overnight?

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th November 2017 at 14:41. Reason: See note in post
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 23:19   #1264
BHPian

Is the Ambient lighting only for the driver foot well?
Old 24th November 2017, 23:55   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Is the Ambient lighting only for the driver foot well?
In the titanium plus, for both. The driver and the passenger.
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 08:01   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
In the titanium plus, for both. The driver and the passenger.
I couldn't see it in the passenger footwell in any of the videos and hence was in doubt. Thanks for confirming. And the brochure says it's in both the Titanium variants.
Old 25th November 2017, 11:07   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I couldn't see it in the passenger footwell in any of the videos and hence was in doubt. Thanks for confirming. And the brochure says it's in both the Titanium variants.
It is for both. You can see it on Ford website as well.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 14:00   #1268
BHPian

The competition in my mind between Hexa XMA and Ecosport Ti+ is getting fierce. Earlier in my evaluation Hexa trumped but still there was enough going for Ecosport to still be not dropped out of my list. Safety first! Ecosport wins. Next was about ride comfort and this time around it was Hexa's turn to win.

One another consideration was about the big diesel ban spree and whether Hexa would be a prudent investment. Opposing argument in mind was that anyways when BS VI comes Ecosport also may become obsolete. Then stumbled on this information.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...n-india/28874/

Quote:
This new family of engines is more fuel efficient and, at the same time, more powerful than the existing 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine. More importantly, Ford says that the Dragon series of engines will be able to meet the upcoming BS-VI norms easily with ‘some changes to the vehicle’.

"Easily" is a relative term and I doubt whether we can make those "changes" to already bought ecosport even though the newer batches that time around will be BS VI ready. Anyhow this information has definitely build some more confidence in me towards Ecosport and I am almost sure that this would be my next car.

BTW, is Tata Nexon BS VI ready?

Last edited by bijubalan : 25th November 2017 at 14:03.
bijubalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 21:20   #1269
BHPian

Got a chance to test drive the petrol manual today. Probably this is an expectation mismatch, I found the dragon engine + MT gearbox not so impressive. At idle slight vibrations are felt, however on the move the motor is refined- though not quite a match for the 4 cylinder Honda or Hyundai petrol motors. We had 5 on board and the car did complain during clutch riding at low revvs- especially while starting off from standstill or crossing a speed breaker. The low end grunt feels weaker than what the specs suggests. My benchmark for small petrol motors is Honda's 1.5, and this dragon is no match for it. The ride is softer compared to the pre-facelift version and the car still handles well.

Test drove the AT also, but within the confines of the dealers yard as the car wasn't a TD car.
With the AT gearbox, the car felt a lot smoother and relaxed.

It's my in-laws who are considering the EcoSport AT for purchase (and have already made the booking). Have asked them to Postpone the AT purchase till I get hold of the AT test drive car.

Those who've driven/own the AT please share your thoughts how's the fuel efficiency ?
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 23:07   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post

Those who've driven/own the AT please share your thoughts how's the fuel efficiency ?
I found the grunt/power more than adequate with four well built people on board, I actually found it to be a tad better than Honda city CVT on power alone. But that’s just me. City would have a superior power to weight ratio being lighter.
Fuel efficiency in city, in bad traffic, according to the MID is hovering between 8.5-10 kmpl. I’d give it a few more miles before I settle on a number. If I wanted a manual, diesel definitely is a better choice. My criteria of buying a car was ground clearance, safety, petrol, auto tranny - in this order, and the facelift arrived just in time. My parents have made it clear that they wouldn’t choose a sedan anymore, for a very simple reason - Easy ingress and egress. Kindly do not ignore that factor. After all no one is getting any younger. I upgraded from figo diesel and my left foot and knees are so much happier now.

Last edited by blurust : 25th November 2017 at 23:12.
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 23:40   #1271
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post

Yes. It is. In a similar way that Ford is claiming it can make Ecosport BS VI ready easily.

By the way, I felt comparing Ecosport with Hexa is not right! Two different segments and use cases all together!

Last edited by balajisv : 25th November 2017 at 23:42.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 00:00   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post

None of the cars in the market now will be BS VI ready. No manufacturer will spend extra on BS VI compliance unless it is mandatory

If your question is if the engine is capable of being BS VI compliant, it is a different question. The diesels can be made BS VI compliant with catalytic converters and other items at an extra cost. Could be similar for turbo petrols
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 02:01   #1273
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
None of the cars in the market now will be BS VI ready. No manufacturer will spend extra on BS VI compliance unless it is mandatory

If your question is if the engine is capable of being BS VI compliant, it is a different question. The diesels can be made BS VI compliant with catalytic converters and other items at an extra cost. Could be similar for turbo petrols
The problem is not of spending money and making them compliant. That applies only to largely indian manufacturers like Maruti/Tata/Mahindra.

Companies like VW group, Mercedes Honda, and even ford are using many of the same engines which have actually been downgraded to run on BS4 fuel, because that is the real problem until BS6 comes.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 10:12   #1274
BHPian

Autocar's Ecosport Petrol vs Nexon petrol comparo is out. I do not completely agree Renuka's comment onh the ride and handling of the Nexon being superior to that of the Ecosport. While definitely the ride is more plush I felt that the Ecosport handled and cornered better.

Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 13:04   #1275
BHPian

I took a test drive of the EcoSport titanium petrol MT yesterday.
The car was very stable and composed on the highway but on the rough roads it was a jarring experience, because of the stiff suspension.
The car feels lethargic if pulling off the speed breaker in the second gear, though not inconvenient.
Seats were better than the previous generation, more spacious.
The boot of the titanium variant does not have the cargo management system of the titanium+, the sales advisor said that the provision has been given for that and can be fitted to the titanium model but unsure of the lower models. Hopefully they offer it as an accessory, it doesn't comprise of much.

Also while pressing the clutch I had a problem of my shoe tip touching the tube passing in the footwall behind. That was a bit irritating, the SA said that it isn't a problem and maybe is a one off issue,I was not convinced, did anybody else have a similar problem?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks