Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2017, 04:57   #1126
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Has anyone got the confirmed date for delivery (particularly those who booked through Amazon).
Old 15th November 2017, 09:46   #1127
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit73 View Post
Has anyone got the confirmed date for delivery (particularly those who booked through Amazon).
Hoping for delivery in the next 4-5 days, in touch with the dealer.
Old 15th November 2017, 10:25   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Hoping for delivery in the next 4-5 days, in touch with the dealer.
Hi,
From where you got the insurance? From dealer itself? Can we get insurance online? What needs to be taken care?

Thanks,
Manish
Old 15th November 2017, 10:42   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Hi,
From where you got the insurance? From dealer itself? Can we get insurance online? What needs to be taken care?

Thanks,
Manish
I'm getting the insurance from my dealer only, was able to negotiate it by Rs 25000 less, just by showing him a quote from an outside agent.
Old 15th November 2017, 11:15   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
I'm getting the insurance from my dealer only, was able to negotiate it by Rs 25000 less, just by showing him a quote from an outside agent.
Great!!
Can you please tell me the actual insurance amount you paid which includes zero depreciation?
From which site you got the new ecosport insurance price which was so cheap?

Thanks,
Manish
Old 15th November 2017, 11:18   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Great!!
Can you please tell me the actual insurance amount you paid which includes zero depreciation?
From which site you got the new ecosport insurance price which was so cheap?

Thanks,
Manish
I gave them a quote from my insurance advisor. You can approach anybody who sells car insurance, give them details and thy should be able to help you out with a quote.

My zero dep insurance amount is Rs 29,800 for the Titanium+ AT model
Old 15th November 2017, 11:26   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
I gave them a quote from my insurance advisor. You can approach anybody who sells car insurance, give them details and thy should be able to help you out with a quote.

My zero dep insurance amount is Rs 29,800 for the Titanium+ AT model
Does this price include any NCB benefits?
Old 15th November 2017, 11:53   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Does this price include any NCB benefits?
Nopes. It does not include any NCB benefit.
Old 15th November 2017, 12:31   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Yes, I did visit their Arumbakkam showroom yesterday and did a TD of Titanium + AT variant. Here is the price list.
Thanks. Did they offer any discounts/Bonus? Just came to know that Autoportal.com has some tie up with Eurekha/Hans Ford at chennai and they provide some discounts/vouchers.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th November 2017 at 13:12. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 15th November 2017, 12:46   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Quote:
Yes, I did visit their Arumbakkam showroom yesterday and did a TD of Titanium + AT variant. Here is the price list.

Thanks. Did they offer any discounts/Bonus? Just came to know that Autoportal.com has some tie up with Eurekha/Hans Ford at chennai and they provide some discounts/vouchers.
No discounts as yet. Whatever you have mentioned is a news to me. Interestingly Eurekha is asking for 30k for booking while Chennai Ford says it is only 10k.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th November 2017 at 13:12. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 15th November 2017, 14:08   #1136
BHPian

yes 10k at Chennai Ford. You can find the offers at - https://autoportal.com/newcars/ford/ecosport/

Below are some assured gifts:

Assured Benefits worth Rs. 15,500 /-
AutoPortal Exclusive Gift Pack worth Rs.2500/- i
The Autoportal Gift Box is sent to the customer via courier post delivery of the car and confirmation from the dealer.
Exclusive offer upto Rs.1500 on shopping at Zoroy.com* i
E-voucher with coupon code will be sent to the customer's email id post booking a car through the partnered dealership network of Autoportal. The offer will be sent once the booking confirmation is received from the dealership.
Exclusive offer upto Rs.7500* on shopping at AutoForm* i
E-voucher with coupon code will be sent to the customer's email id post booking a car through the partnered dealership network of Autoportal. The offer will be sent once the booking confirmation is received from the dealership.
Exclusive discount voucher worth up to Rs.2000/- on Treebo i
Exclusive offer upto Rs.2000 on shopping at Autofurnish.com i

Last edited by Johnnny : 15th November 2017 at 14:11.
Johnnny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 15:16   #1137
BHPian

Just getting to know first couple of cars have already been delivered by Harpreet Ford in Delhi.

Unsure if those were amazon orders or regular bookings. I booked through both amazon and dealer, and I'm told it may take another 3-4 days.

My car has arrived in their Najafgarh stockyard but apparently the Raja Garden RTO has paused work for a day or two, as they are changing number series. Anybody has more info on theories like these?
Old 15th November 2017, 15:17   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
No discounts as yet. Whatever you have mentioned is a news to me. Interestingly Eurekha is asking for 30k for booking while Chennai Ford says it is only 10k.
Interesting! I paid 30k to pre-book the facelift. They should have a standard booking amount for everyone.
Old 16th November 2017, 01:10   #1139
BHPian

Went to take a quick look at the new Ecosport. Didn't test drive it due to lack of time.

I'll refer to my observations with/after some eye candies.

IMO, one of those rare cars which look best in white
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-white-front-main.jpg

While the previous one was bit sober but upright face, this one looks aggressive, but nose and eyes pointing down. The DRLs even get on when the doors are opened. The bulge on the bonnet makes it visible from the inside too. However, you can't view the edges of the bonnet, which takes off that SUV feel.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-white-front-1.jpg

Side profile. Alloys look ugly. Pre facelift had better ones. Notice that the spare wheel doesn't come with cover. SA said that the non-alloy variants come with spare wheel cover by default, but on Titanium and Titanium+, you need to buy that as an addon accessory. The boot faux floor for leveling the boot is a nice touch, and it is pretty thick and solid. Can take lot of weight.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-white-side.jpg

Getting inside, first thing you notice the door loses the black rubbery button based request sensor. It now has these patterns, and a plastic lining inside if you look closely. The new Nexon and Verna too have them. Keyhole only on driver's side. There's a new key design too.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-white-door.jpg

The driver's side door. Comes with puddle lamp on the ORVM. Also got a new door lock-unlock button set on the door instead of the center console
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-white-driver-door.jpg

A closer look on the switchgears.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-white-doorpad-switches.jpg

Notice the previous generation that stormed the segment through the window. Strangely, even the front passenger door carries lock unlock button set. Wonder if it locks and unlocks all the doors, because....
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-white-passenger-door.jpg

...the rear passenger doors come without one. Guess Ford wants only kids to be seated on the rear seat, or their kidnapped foes.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-white-rear-door.jpg

Getting inside. I almost bumped my head on this one. Is the roof height bit lower now? Also, someone before me raised seat height to the fullest. I'm 5'8"-ish and I found it a hard squeeze on the seating position. Had to lower the seat, standing outside. Only then could I enter the car. Signifies, that the seat height has a healthy range. Front seats are scooped from their behinds, etching out more space on the rear. Leather seats offer good overall support. Glovebox felt tiny.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-tita-interior-wide.jpg

Yes, one look at the steering wheel and you can tell its Titanium+ variant. The steering is really chunky to hold, but the cruise control buttons don't feel that ergonomic. Buttons are individual and not all combined unit like the previous version. They have good tactile feel. Steering has rake and reach adjustment, standard across all variants. Also notice the footwell lighting, that can change colors, and the speaker behind the touchscreen display. Ergonomics are mostly well sorted, specially for the touchscreen and its buttons position, but except for the armrest. It should either be longer or sliding. Since the AC vents are lowered, I'll miss blowing cold air directly on my face via the central vents. The new EcoSport is Indianized, meaning it has viper stalks on the left and headlamp stalk on the right.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-tita-interior-lit.jpg

Moving on to this fellow. Notice the badge for lower variants too, and also the spare wheel cover.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-trend-badge.jpg

Front looks good. The vehicle is Trend+, and we have foglamps here too. Grille is silver instead of chrome.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-trend-front-wide.jpg

The halogen headlamps. Look good though.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-trend-headlamps.jpg

Ford needs to work on their wheel designing. Alloys or steel/covers, they are boring here. Only Endy has some good designs to offer.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-trend-wheel.jpg

Interiors. Has fabric seats. Retains the goodies like central armrest, steering mounted controls, the large touchscreen.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-another-interior-trend.jpg

Notice the speaker area behind the touchscreen has given way to a small area to keep nifties and nickels!
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-trend-interior.jpg

Also notice on the top portion that the sunglass holder from Titanium is gone now.
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-sunglass-holder-gone.jpg

Overall inferences from the small rendezvous:

Interiors are nice
Trend+ is most VFM offering, albeit in Diesel. Petrol has AT in Trend+ and Titanium+. The MT lovers (like me) will either have to jump variant upwards or downwards. Either a compromise on money or a compromise on features.
Ford should bring Trend+ and Titanium+ in petrol manual too.
Couldn't test the sound properly, save for the FM, so can't place a verdict on it.
As per the SA, even Trend+ has Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
Touchscreen is the best across segment, but probably not the sound.
Ingress and egress is pretty easy, which makes it a better contender against the Nexon. This point alone may break deal of the Nexon for few people, including me.

Will post my further observations as I take a TD of it.

Last edited by PrasunBannerjee : 16th November 2017 at 01:27.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 09:52   #1140
BHPian

I checked out new Ecosport while my figo was being serviced. Was surprised to see 3 deliveries that day.
One was AT titanium+ and the other two were diesel titanium.
However there were atleast 15 old Ecosports in stock, should see some big discounts in future.

Coming to the new one. Really love the front look. Was not a fan of the previous design but this is the best front look in its competition, according to me. Other exterior parts looked the same.

That 8 inch screen gives the interiors a definite upmarket look. The AC vents also looked great. Plastic quality was great wherever I touched, though some parts were hard.The instrument cluster is an eye sore, really lazy on Ford's part but it can be ignored in the overall scheme of things.

Overall the interiors were great upgrade though Ford could have reduced the depth of the dashboard, it eats up legroom. Also a beige option could have been on offer .

The Ecosport is now a worthy competitor against the likes of the nexon,wrv though rear seat space is it's Achilles heal.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 16th November 2017 at 09:55.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks