Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2017, 23:18   #1201
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

The lights and the design of the alloys are the only thing that disappointed me about the facelift. I would have loved to have an LED setup throughout the car.
Old 19th November 2017, 23:53   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

So the Ecosport S will come with the same engines - confirmed!

Changes - Sun roof & a better audio (may be Nexon effect). Some of the other bits we know include a better looking rim, black wrapping etc.

I read about the refinement of the Dragon engine - am told the initial prototype was rejected due to windshield rattling which would have been passed in some competitor companys.

Am also told that there are lots of high quality parts which are of global spec which makes Ford cars difficult to price cheap. Most these are not even visible. Case in point : The engine cover - the one in previous Ecosport IIRC, will not catch fire even if lit straight. And now we know why they have skipped it on the new version. Plus - seems these are usually much higher cost than competition.

The new CEO is trying hard to make changes - read as reducing the hierarchy clutter & taking faster decisions to make an impact for the company.

The source is someone who knows these from close quarters; but lets leave this at it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 06:25   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Changes - Sun roof & a better audio (may be Nexon effect). Some of the other bits we know include a better looking rim, black wrapping etc.

I read about the refinement of the Dragon engine - am told the initial prototype was rejected due to windshield rattling which would have been passed in some competitor companys.

Am also told that there are lots of high quality parts which are of global spec which makes Ford cars difficult to price cheap. Most these are not even visible. Case in point : The engine cover - the one in previous Ecosport IIRC, will not catch fire even if lit straight. And now we know why they have skipped it on the new version. Plus - seems these are usually much higher cost than competition.

The new CEO is trying hard to make changes - read as reducing the hierarchy clutter & taking faster decisions to make an impact for the company.

The source is someone who knows these from close quarters; but lets leave this at it.
Do you have any information regarding when the Ecosport S model is going to be launched.

Addition of sunroof and new sportier alloys sounds really tempting.

Might even wait for it if the launch date is in the vicinity.
Old 20th November 2017, 06:30   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

This is great news!! Thank you swiftnfurious. The Ecosport S is looking very promising, and with the added goodies, like sunroof, better audio and better rims, this will be the car for me.

Does your source has any information on the launch? When can we expect it? Will it be slated above the Titanium + or below? That should give us a good idea about the pricing.
Old 20th November 2017, 06:32   #1205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys,

I have got it. Finally my wait of acquiring the new Ecosport got finished this evening

Just back home after a visit to the temple, after the delivery.

Driving an auto felt so good and smooth. I felt the power also came along nicely in the D mode, will try out S tomorrow, especially after I get my registration done, and number plate installed
Congrats Dude for your new car!! Enjoy...

I am also eagerly waiting for my car to get delivered, BTW what is the average mileage you are getting?
Old 20th November 2017, 08:26   #1206
Senior - BHPian

So Ford is not going the Figo way for the 'S'.

Difference in engines for the S versions is something that was not going to happen anyway. What they could have done is put a different engine map to make it sportier, like the original S.

I guess the wheels are already the right size and shocks stiff enough, that leaves it with the cosmetic part.

Not to forget the 'S' badge on the rear door.
Old 20th November 2017, 09:18   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jins View Post

I am also eagerly waiting for my car to get delivered, BTW what is the average mileage you are getting?
Congrats on your booking too!

Where did you book for your Ecosport in Bangalore, and what version?
Old 20th November 2017, 09:21   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Do you have any information regarding when the Ecosport S model is going to be launched...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
...Does your source has any information on the launch? When can we expect it? Will it be slated above the Titanium + or below? That should give us a good idea about the pricing.
No idea on the launch. But it makes sense for Ford to bring in the S version a bit later as the facelift will be taking care of the sales for the coming months.

Pricing should be more than Titanium+ logically, unless they plan to put the sun roof on Titanium skipping the side airbags (like the Figo-. Hope they either launch it in top 2 variants or on the top variant for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
So Ford is not going the Figo way for the 'S'...
I doubt there'll be any suspension related changes as I read the suspension is already on the stiffer side. On the engine map, I doubt anything is on the table either.

I think they are still worried on whether the sunroof will make sense or add to the sales and are thinking its worth the effort.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th November 2017 at 09:26.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 10:28   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

BTW, got confirmation from SA that due to extreme high demand for Lightning blue color, there is not even single car dispatched/alloted by Ford to Bangalore Dealers. I was totally surprised and i am not sure how true it is.

-Ravi
Yes. That is the case here in Chennai as well. I am 1st in queue to get the Lightning Blue Titanium Diesel and no confirmation yet on billing. I pre-booked the car as I wanted to take delivery end of this month which I was promised as well. Seems like Ford is gonna spoil my plans as they did with my first Mars Red Ecosport way back in 2013.

This is poor planning from Ford, time and again. Knowing that they will have to send the first set of Blue cars to showrooms for display they should have planned production considering those requirements. its just frustrating.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 10:52   #1210
BHPian

Guys,

I am really confused and not able to make up my mind whether to go for Titanium Petrol MT or Titanium+ petrol AT.

These are the list of differences in terms of features offered between the 2 models (as per the brochure):

1. Inner rear view mirror - Electrochromic
2. 17" Alloy Wheels
3. EBA ESC TCS HLA
4. IsoFix
5. Cruise Control
6. Side and Curtain Airbags
7. Rain Sensing wipers
8. Automatic Headlamps
9. Rear View Camera
10. Paddle Shift
11. Leather Seats
12. Front Door Soft Armrest - Vinyl
13. Cargo area management - flat bed seats
14. Glove Box Illumination

Let me list in terms of what in my opinion classifies as creature comfort features and which ones are important from a convenience and safety perspective:

Creature Comfort Features (In my opinion)

1. Inner rear view mirror - Electrochromic
2. IsoFix
3. Rain Sensing wipers
4. Automatic Headlamps
5. Front Door Soft Armrest - Vinyl
6. Cargo area management - flat bed seats
7. Glove Box Illumination

Convenience and Safety Features

1. 17" Alloy Wheels
2. EBA ESC TCS HLA
3. Cruise Control
4. Side and Curtain Airbags
5. Rear View Camera
6. Paddle Shift
7. Leather Seats

Now according to me, the list of features that I would miss most are the safety and convenience features that I have listed above.

Now considering that most of my driving is gonna happen in city in bumper to bumper traffic, are these features really important?

Also, I have heard in many reviews and I may be wrong here, that the manual gearbox is more suited to the new 1.5L 3 Cylinder Dragon Series petrol engine and offers more power and drivebility as compared to the 6 Speed Torque Convertor unit of AT.

Cost factor is secondary to me right now,as I want to choose the best option. I don't want to find out that I made a decision in hurry and repent later.

Looking forward to valuable advice/opinions from everybody.

Regards,
Jatin.
Old 20th November 2017, 11:04   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jins View Post

Thanks, give me another 3-4 days to report back on my mileage, once I utilize the entire tank. That should give a better perspective.
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 12:06   #1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
Congrats on your booking too!

Where did you book for your Ecosport in Bangalore, and what version?
I have booked with Cauvery Ford Koramagala, and its a Lighting blue Titanium+AT
Old 20th November 2017, 13:12   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Improvements in a newer version of a vehicle must be such that people sell their earlier vehicle and buy the new version of the same. The Honda City, Maruti Dzire, Toyota Corolla and Toyota Innova are examples of vehicles managing this.

This sadly feels like the earlier Toyota Innova facelifts that would not make a person buy the newer version after selling the earlier one.
I was hoping that they would mate the DCT with the Ecoboost, in which case, I would have been tempted for a second helping. The three cylinder engine and a torque converter seems to be on the wrong side of progress. Despite all the advantages that has been touted, I am disappointed.
Old 20th November 2017, 13:42   #1214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Improvements in a newer version of a vehicle must be such that people sell their earlier vehicle and buy the new version of the same. The Honda City, Maruti Dzire, Toyota Corolla and Toyota Innova are examples of vehicles managing this.
Do you mean newer generations of these cars? The Corolla facelift was substantial with added airbags, ESC etc., but the facelift in cars like the City or Dzire was nothing much from what I remember. In comparison the Ecosport facelift is almost like a new generation model with changes inside out.
Old 20th November 2017, 15:44   #1215
BHPian

This is confusing not to launch 'S' version along with facelift version if heart of the vehicle is going to remain same. Going by whats on web, it appears the biggest deal is great looking Alloys.

Should one wait for 'S' badge is the big question now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
Does your source has any information on the launch? When can we expect it? Will it be slated above the Titanium + or below? That should give us a good idea about the pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks