Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 06:58   #1351
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

"The lowest 2015 death rate by vehicle type is for very large SUVs: 13 deaths per million registered vehicles. The highest is for mini cars: 64 deaths per million registered vehicles."

I think we all do understand which segment the EcoSport would be closer to and which segment the Hexa would be closer to.

Lastly let us also remember that there are a percentage of accidents (about 25%) that would be us getting rear ended (Hit from the rear) and a 7 seater much larger Hexa is bound to be much much more safer than a 5 seater smaller Ecosport or for that matter any small 5 seater SUV including, Creta, Breeza, Duster etc. That is the value of having 7 seats and still traveling only with 5 passengers and keeping the last row seats just folded down. Safer if a Truck or a Bus hits you from the rear.
Interesting - however, there are studies that debunk the theory that the large SUV is the safest. There is even a behavioral element that says minivans are the safest due to the drivers' attitude - a corollary of the "Unsafe at any speed" theory for seat belts if you will.

Here is the link to such an article.

A simple Google search will also yield results on why choosing just a large SUV for safety might be fallacious since it doesn't factor in rollover risk.

Bottom line is that buying a car with leading safety features (including ESC, ABS and not just airbags and seat belts) is usually a good bet. There doesn't seem to be enough compelling scientific evidence that facilitates robust comparison among categories. In a choice/debate between large/small etc., we're often unconsciously driven by our own biases etc.

Back to normal programming
Old 1st December 2017, 08:29   #1352
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The data is per million cars. So the difference in actual number of both the types of cars on road has already been neutralised by taking deaths per million registered vehicles.
May be I should have made it more eloborate. I am not considering the statistics of registered vehicles here. I am asking the number of vehicles that run on the road. As an example, when you step out of your house today how many mini vs large SUVs do you see on the road? That will make more sense. The death per million vehicles registered is purely statistical by theory and does not reflect the reality. And that's why I disagree to it.
Well, I wouldn't want to go further on this topic. It's getting a lot deviated from the main topic.

Last edited by Jude300 : 1st December 2017 at 08:36.
Old 1st December 2017, 08:54   #1353
BHPian

Congratulations to all the new buyers!

How has your experience been with the Dragon engine so far ? Many reviews hinted at a muted highway performance. How is your real life assessment?

Also is it possible to swap the T+'s 17in rims for the 16in rims of the lower variants? Thought this may improve the ride quality.
Old 1st December 2017, 10:21   #1354
BHPian

Here are the few pics of my car.
I took delivery yesterday but will not be able to drive it since I am out of town for 10 days.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-imag5750.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-imag5751.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-imag5749.jpg  

manish_symc is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 11:45   #1355
Senior - BHPian

I fully agree here with ACM. And he has backed it up with reasoning. No one can change laws of physics. It's iron clad. Why is it so hard to understand? Internet is full of hooey. Black is more white than white. Light is darker than dark, etc. Some just try to come up with all kinds of bizarre twisted logic to prove their point. Coming to cars, bigger mass is always safer than lighter mass. If a Hexa and Ecosport were to run into each other and if you were to be on board, which one would you prefer? I would rather be in Hexa. Because Hexa will just bulldoze Ecosport away, just as a truck will bulldoze Hexa away. NCAP ratings and crumple zones come into play when comparing same-class cars. Are we to assume that a good NCAP rating small car can run into a 20 ton truck and nothing would happen to its occupants? It's one thing to like the car we buy and quite another to try to prove that it's the best thing in the world. I have seen this tendency in many posts on various threads.

P.S.-- I have nothing against Ecosport. I like it a lot, too. And I'm in the market for a small SUV myself. Would have bought Ecosport right away if it had come with an AT on diesel variant. But I would never say it's safer than full-size SUVs.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 12:40   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If a Hexa and Ecosport were to run into each other and if you were to be on board, which one would you prefer? I would rather be in Hexa. Because Hexa will just bulldoze Ecosport away, just as a truck will bulldoze Hexa away. NCAP ratings and crumple zones come into play when comparing same-class cars. Are we to assume that a good NCAP rating small car can run into a 20 ton truck and nothing would happen to its occupants? It's one thing to like the car we buy and quite another to try to prove that it's the best thing in the world. I have seen this tendency in many posts on various threads.
Think of this - If one is to collide with a 20Ton truck, being in a 6 airbag equipped ecosport would have a better chance of survival than the one in a full-sized scorpio, for example.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 13:09   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
I took delivery yesterday but will not be able to drive it since I am out of town for 10 days.
Congrats. Looks cool in the Silver.

Enjoy your new ride and and do post the initial ownership review once you have driven it.
jatinbindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 13:47   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Congrats and Enjoy your Drive. I have booked exactly the same colour and variant, just waiting for the 2018 Model
#win is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 14:04   #1359
BHPian

Woo hoo!!! I just received the good news. After a long wait my Lightning Blue 1.5D Titanium Ecosport has been billed and should reach the dealer by Sunday. Though all the process for the leasing is already done and ready to release payment, my company is undergoing a name change right now. I am not sure if the freeze is in effect for new lease now and if so I would have to wait another 2 weeks to take delivery. I hate that part. Just waiting to hear from the HR now.

Its never been a cake walk for getting my hands on the Ecosport. 4 years back, waited 3.5 months and suffered a price hike of about 50000 since the date of booking till I took delivery.
Jude300 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:30   #1360
BHPian

Yesterday I had visited the dealer to clear a few doubts that I had.
Met Mr Shiv, who patiently listened to me and answered my questions.

My questions were:
Rear view camera for titanium model- can be fitted with the display on the existing touch screen, they are working on it, will probably be offered as a accessory.

Cargo management system- will be able to fit it only if it is offered as a spare by the company, which in all probability will be yes.

Alloy wheels- not possible to swap them for the previous model, will have to buy them seperately.

Engine guard-it is available for the petrol model too(some kind of acrylic material, not so sure)

Tyres- so far offered only in MRF. Goodyear may be available too.

Dash cam hard wiring- will be done on request in writing after providing the dash cam.

Tyre pressure monitoring system- based on sensors, so not possible to fit it in lower models.

Sub woofer- there is a Kenwood subwoofer being offered on the aspire which can be fitted in the ecosport, not sure about the details, he will let me know.

Option for 6 airbags- will probably be offered as an option in future, just like the Figo/aspire.
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 17:18   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
Yesterday I had visited the dealer to clear a few doubts that I had.
Option for 6 airbags- will probably be offered as an option in future, just like the Figo/aspire.
Are they available on titanium Figo as an option? , I mean the side and curtain airbags.

Last edited by blurust : 2nd December 2017 at 17:42. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 2nd December 2017, 18:26   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Are they available on titanium Figo as an option? , I mean the side and curtain airbags.

They are offered as optional in the titanium model, as quoted on their website.
So had asked him if they would offer the same with the ecosport.
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 19:18   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
They are offered as optional in the titanium model, as quoted on their website.
So had asked him if they would offer the same with the ecosport.
That’s amazing, I did not know. Just checked it out in the brochure, Titanium manual for both Petrol and diesel for Figo and Aspire and ambiente has an option of ABS and EBD. Does that mean we can expect optional side and curtain airbags in ecosport ? I think this will depend upon what variant are they selling more.
Old 2nd December 2017, 19:24   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
That’s amazing, I did not know. Just checked it out in the brochure, Titanium manual for both Petrol and diesel for Figo and Aspire and ambiente has an option of ABS and EBD. Does that mean we can expect optional side and curtain airbags in ecosport ? I think this will depend upon what variant are they selling more.

Yes, that is what he said to me. Most probably from January it may be given as an option,though he said this he is not sure about the release date.

Going on the lines of the other models of Ford (figo/aspire) I am pretty sure there will be a option for the side and curtain airbags.
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:00   #1365
Senior - BHPian

How's the performance in highway and mileage of Ford ecosport automatic? A review by initial owners will be very helpful.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks