Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2017, 21:05   #1486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
What is the IDV offered on the policy from coverfox?
You can select your IDV value on Coverfox. Insurance premium will change depending on the IDV.
Old 11th December 2017, 22:38   #1487
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

A couple things, Maybe I find these fascinating but just wanted to get it out there.
1) rain sensing wipers apply to front and rear wipers both. I thought it applied to just the front.
2) cruise control : After setting a set speed, if you decrease the speed using buttons when the vehicle is in motion the car brakes on its own . And accelerates when you increase the speed, is it like this for all cruise controls ?? I’m pretty amazed.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 23:11   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
What is the IDV offered on the policy from coverfox?
IDV should be 95% of the Ex-showroom price, not more than this.
Please include 'Return to invoice cover', this was suggested by one of the team-bhp member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Guys,

Should we really take zero depreciation insurance from Ford or look outside instead?
When I spoke to the Insurance person sitting at Ford, he mentioned that there a lot of hidden clauses that other insurance providers won't explain or reveal.
When time comes to take the insurance, then these guys show their true face and the cover provided takes a hit.
I really don't want to take any risks when it comes to insurance as I have had bad experiences in the past.
Is there really any difference between Ford provided insurance as compared to the one provided by HDFC Ergo or other providers? Please advice !!
I too got my ecosport insurance from HDFC ergo through coverfox and saved 15k.
Please remember -
IDV value should be 95% of the ex-showroom price.
Include 'return on invoice' cover. In case if car is stolen, you get full OTR claim. Yon can get it for first three years only i believe.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th December 2017 at 00:42. Reason: B2B posts
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 00:36   #1489
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Guys,

Should we really take zero depreciation insurance from Ford or look outside instead?
Is there really any difference between Ford provided insurance as compared to the one provided by HDFC Ergo or other providers? Please advice !!
There is no difference. They just try to scare us. Buy from outside and save about 50%. HDFC Ergo is safe enough. Go for zero dep. though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 07:41   #1490
BHPian

Ford to hike car prices in Jan?

https://m.economictimes.com/industry....google.co.in/
Old 12th December 2017, 08:13   #1491
BHPian

Ford Ecosport, Aspire, Figo & Endeavour prices to rise from January 2018

Quote:
The minimum price hike is expected to about Rs. 20,000 – on the entry-level Figo hatchback – going all the way up to Rs. 1.2 lakhs – on the top-of-the-line Endeavour luxury SUV. The EcoSport could get pricier by at least Rs. 30,000 while the Aspire is expected to become costlier by around Rs. 25,000 at least.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 08:44   #1492
BHPian

They're gonna bury the products 6 feet under if they go ahead with the price hike. The Ecosport Titanium variant is already just shy of ₹14k to cross the 10lakh limit. The moment they cross that, it will become ₹50k more expensive thanks to the tiered registration tax of additional 5% on cars more than 10lakhs. Though clearly priced above the competition it is still acceptable to pay what we pay today for the quality and features. But any increase further will kill the product.

I guess Ford is repeating 2013 and expect the market to be indifferent to the hike. But my gut is that they will be forced to either roll back the hike or offer steep discounts.

On a separate note, with Nexon in their basket Tatas take the 4th position pushing Honda to the 5th. This is inspite of Honda offering huge discounts off late.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...58733.html/amp
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 10:48   #1493
BANNED

If the news about a huge price hike for Ecosport is true, Ford should think about the knee jerk action they had to take when Brezza was launched - a price reduction of about 1 lakh! Just because of that action, they were kept floated in the compact SUV segment. "Experience" is when you learn from your mistakes. Otherwise it is a disaster that is waiting to happen.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 11:37   #1494
BHPian

Just back from a visit to the dealer. The price hike is doing the rounds there as well though the figures mentioned were way to high and not reliable. Anyway, not a good thing to do at all.

I also test drove the facelifted AT variant and was wowed by the refinement of this 3 pot engine. My first impressions:

- it starts with a mild vibration and settles down quickly.
- inside the car the NVH is well insulated but you will know that the engine is on.
- the torque converter works like a charm
- in D mode the performance is linear and power delivery is smooth. Provides excellent drivability within the city. Those who love sedate driving will love this mode.
- in S mode the engine and gears do work quicker but will not be suited for city drive since the jerk is felt when it pulls off and at gear change. The engine is audible too but the tone is sweet. No complaints with NVH.
- The mid showed 8.9kmpl. For a test drive car that's an impressive mileage. Real world mileage should anyway be north of 11kmpl if driven with a light foot.

General points:
- i am the average Indian @ 5'10" and to my driving position the arm rest is sort of useless since it doesn't slide. I liked the one on the S-CROSS, slides and serves the purpose. Not sure why manufactures don't understand this. Providing something that does not serve the purpose is as good as not giving one.
- the touch screen is superb. It's very smooth and crystal clear and zero glare. Though it doesn't seem to be integrated well it is very ergonomic.
- ride has definitely improved over the outgoing model. I rode the 17 incher and I am sure the 16 inch wheels will be much better. Good job Ford!
- the instrument cluster does look very bland.
- no other evident cost cutting seen.

Last edited by Jude300 : 12th December 2017 at 11:40.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 12:30   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Was ford anticipating this and that's why the facelift didn't see a price raise at launch??
Old 12th December 2017, 14:04   #1496
Team-BHP Support

Isn't this a pretty standard thing with dealers/manufacturers to announce imminent price hike to boost the year-end sales? You will see the same message coming thru various channels for almost all brands.
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 15:12   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Isn't this a pretty standard thing with dealers/manufacturers to announce imminent price hike to boost the year-end sales? You will see the same message coming thru various channels for almost all brands.
I second this. This is more or less a routine practice now adopted by all dealers/manufacturers.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 16:53   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
A couple things, Maybe I find these fascinating but just wanted to get it out there.
1) rain sensing wipers apply to front and rear wipers both. I thought it applied to just the front.
2) cruise control : After setting a set speed, if you decrease the speed using buttons when the vehicle is in motion the car brakes on its own . And accelerates when you increase the speed, is it like this for all cruise controls ?? I’m pretty amazed.
Glad to hear this. Somehow I could never get it to work or wipers didn't start when it started raining.

Can you let me know the procedure? As per the manual, I moved the lever to the first position and set the rain sensing option to checked in MID.

But I had to override as I could hardly see through the windscreen as the rain was heavy and the wiper didn't start. Tried with all sensitivity settings. No luck yet.
Old 12th December 2017, 17:08   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Glad to hear this. Somehow I could never get it to work or wipers didn't start when it started raining.

Can you let me know the procedure? As per the manual, I moved the lever to the first position and set the rain sensing option to checked in MID.

But I had to override as I could hardly see through the windscreen as the rain was heavy and the wiper didn't start. Tried with all sensitivity settings. No luck yet.
1) MID setting to be turned on - which you did, already.
2) lever to A - which you did.
3) Dial to 2nd position - sensitivity is really less if you leave it at zero.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 17:13   #1500
Team-BHP Support

The refreshed Ecosport may survive a price hike, but the Titanium diesel will bear the brunt of the hit (price hike + consequent road tax bracket change).

The Figo twins are barely managing to stay afloat, price hike will probably cause a similar hike in discounts to move stock. Ford need to take the crayons away from the pricing department and put an adult in charge.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks