Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2017, 23:39   #1591
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapollohelios View Post
Any idea which would be a trustworthy service centre in bangalore. I don' t mind giving it across the city, as long as the service is good. Would like to build a good relation from the first service itself.

I've read lots of poor reviews on Metro Ford and Lathangi Ford, though most of them are old.
Take it to Metro Ford in Hessarghatta. Not as daunting as it sounds. Drop the car there, take a taxi to Jalahalli Metro station and take the Metro back into town (Nagawara Metro Station is closer and a 15 min walk but not worth the taxi ride).

Last edited by ajmat : 28th December 2017 at 23:54.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 12:51   #1592
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

This guy Rohan Bajaj on Twitter is facing powertrain issues with his new EcoSport since the tenth day of ownership and Ford has not been able to resolve it in three attempts in the first month. I’ve been recommending the car enthusiastically to anyone who’s in the market for one but am going to tread a little more cautiously going forwards. Ford really needs to ensure that it goes to any lengths to take care of issues like this.
aryayush is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 13:33   #1593
BHPian

For all those who have taken delivery of the new Ecosport, can you share snap of idol you may have installed.

In my previous cars I used to paste it in the centre. Now with sub-woofer and floating screen, I don't think it will be a good idea to paste it in the centre. Don't want water from flower to seep into either of the two.

Any ideas or snaps will be appreciated.
Old 30th December 2017, 16:47   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
For all those who have taken delivery of the new Ecosport, can you share snap of idol you may have installed.

In my previous cars I used to paste it in the centre. Now with sub-woofer and floating screen, I don't think it will be a good idea to paste it in the centre. Don't want water from flower to seep into either of the two.

I have put Ganapati jee just behind the central speaker.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-imag5924.jpg  

manish_symc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 17:44   #1595
BHPian

Quote:

It's funny that you brought this up , this is the only reason I haven't bought any idol as of yet.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 20:27   #1596
BHPian

Hi Friends
Noticed that after completing close to 2k on my car's odometer, the first gear pick (just releasing the clutch from standstill) has reduced quite bit. Feel like the car power had weakened. I guess this isn't normal! Any one faced a similar issue? I drive the new facelift ES Titanium Diesel. I feel the pickup is just a tad bit more, if not similar to that of my petrol i10.

Last edited by theapollohelios : 30th December 2017 at 20:39. Reason: Typo errors
Old 31st December 2017, 00:29   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
This guy Rohan Bajaj on Twitter is facing powertrain issues with his new EcoSport since the tenth day of ownership and Ford has not been able to resolve it in three attempts in the first month. I’ve been recommending the car enthusiastically to anyone who’s in the market for one but am going to tread a little more cautiously going forwards. Ford really needs to ensure that it goes to any lengths to take care of issues like this.
I had this symbol popup when my odo read 750 kms or so. I have written a post in this thread itself and reported the problem to Ford. They told me to get the car to the service of it occurs again. Now I have completed 1500 lms and so far so good.
Old 31st December 2017, 08:01   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
I had this symbol popup when my odo read 750 kms or so. I have written a post in this thread itself and reported the problem to Ford. They told me to get the car to the service of it occurs again. Now I have completed 1500 lms and so far so good.
I had this issue in the first gen Ecosport. Had it during quick acceleration and deceleration. Few others also had this issue. Please refer the following link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3272193
Old 31st December 2017, 22:37   #1599
BHPian

In the Titanium variant, I was wondering if we can add the boot floor adjustment to make it completely flat as in the Titanium Plus?
Is anything available aftermarket? If you have tried, please share your views.
Old 1st January 2018, 11:18   #1600
Senior - BHPian

For a monthly running of 1200 to max1400 kms a month will a diesel variant be ideal or petrol variant of the Ecosport will do?
Old 1st January 2018, 13:21   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
For a monthly running of 1200 to max1400 kms a month will a diesel variant be ideal or petrol variant of the Ecosport will do?
Well, that is something you'll have to decide for yourself. Financially, it comes down to this the difference between petrol and diesel right now is about Rs 10 and may come down in the future. Maintenance of a diesel car is slightly higher than a petrol. Resale of diesel cars is also higher in India although that's going down ever since the NGT 10 year rule came into effect. In short, the decision has become a little more complicated in my opinion. If you intend to keep the car for more than 4-5 years, forget about the resale and just think about expenses. I think it'll take more than 4 years for you to fully realise the value in terms of the extra amount paid for the diesel car. So, its up to you if you want to pay the extra money now or extend that advantage till say 4 years, and then change the car?

Last edited by sharninder : 1st January 2018 at 13:23. Reason: more text added
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 13:26   #1602
BHPian

Quote:

Haven't pasted mine as the dashboard was very oily after delivery. It still is oily. Planning to paste the idol near the temperature sensor and close to the windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
In the Titanium variant, I was wondering if we can add the boot floor adjustment to make it completely flat as in the Titanium Plus?
Is anything available aftermarket? If you have tried, please share your views.
I got my new seat covers installed Yesterday at Structure Seat Covers (Koramangala, Bangalore). The installation required removal of the rear seats. I noticed that it wouldn't be an easy task to modify the seats so as to have a flat-bed system. Should have taken pics, but forgot. The bottom of the rear seats are screwed to the chassis, and for the folding of 60/40, there is a metal piece popping out from the chassis to support the folding hinge.
It'll require lots of changes / welding to the chassis.

Last edited by bblost : 1st January 2018 at 13:42. Reason: back 2 back
theapollohelios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 11:38   #1603
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Keep it simple, compare the features from the old Vs new. Read some feedback from the owners of new Ecosport and then take the call based on which is VFM.

Personally newer version is a good one even if you pay a little extra
Thanks, it was indeed a battle between head vs heart and ultimately went ahead with the heart thing. Booked new gen lightening blue Titanium Diesel variant @Cauvery Ford Mangalore by paying 30k as booking amount. Expected delivery by Feb 1st week.

With the news of 4% increase in price with ecosport in particular with the tunes of 30K, I am just praying for Ford not to price Titanium variant above 10 lakhs.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 2nd January 2018 at 11:42.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 11:43   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends
Noticed that after completing close to 2k on my car's odometer, the first gear pick (just releasing the clutch from standstill) has reduced quite bit. Feel like the car power had weakened. I guess this isn't normal! Any one faced a similar issue? I drive the new facelift ES Titanium Diesel. I feel the pickup is just a tad bit more, if not similar to that of my petrol i10.
I did feel the same. Back from a 1200Kms round trip. The ODO is 1400Kms now. During onward trip (ODO was around 300Km), the pick up was much better. While returning (350km in a single stretch) felt the pick up is reduced in all gears (I used to drive a 2014 Figo 1.4 and now feels the power of the ES is lower than that). I drive an ES Titanium MT Petrol.
ajishanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:01   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends
Noticed that after completing close to 2k on my car's odometer, the first gear pick (just releasing the clutch from standstill) has reduced quite bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajishanand View Post
I did feel the same.
Try a different fuelling station next time. I have noticed my ford to be bit sensitive to fuel a times. If you drive in dusty conditions, try cleaning the air filter.
Also, the engine becomes a lot smooth after the first oil change, at 10,000 KM.
glenmz is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks