Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2018, 12:19   #1666
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Congrats on your buy. Can you share the price list which the dealer shared with you?

=========
* On Road price
Here is the latest price list from Rudra Ford, Mira Road, Mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-pricelist.jpg  

suku_patel_22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 17:00   #1667
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
There seems to be a change in the brochure released at the launch of facelift and the one I downloaded today. New brochure says EBA, ESC, TCS, and HLA are only for AT. Can someone clarify which one is true?
Titanium + Diesel has EBA, ESC, TCS, HLA. The same query has been raised by someone in FB and I reached out to my technical contact in Chennai Ford. They even tested the HLA feature and confirmed that car was not rolling back. So rest assured that you have all the 4 features in Titanium + Diesel.
vprabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 20:53   #1668
BHPian

I am confused if I should go for the carpet mats provided by Ford as part of essential kit or go with DIY noodle mats.

I did check out the mats at the showroom. They do feel good.

The mats will be good in dry weather, and will not be good in rains and handling sand.

The noodle mats, on the other hand, will be great in rains and at handling sand from the beach visits.
Old 8th January 2018, 21:16   #1669
BHPian

The rear wheel well cladding seems to be of cloth type or soft material - similar to the one mentioned in the Brezza official review.

Was this the case with the pre-facelift model as well?
Old 8th January 2018, 22:38   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
The rear wheel well cladding seems to be of cloth type or soft material - similar to the one mentioned in the Brezza official review.

Was this the case with the pre-facelift model as well?
Yup, the rear wheel well cladding of our 2016 Ecosport titanium + is the cloth or soft material type as you mentioned. This helps to insulate the cabin from road noise.
Old 8th January 2018, 22:41   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Some interesting article about the New EcoSport's parcel tray.

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/ford...l-1625605.html

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 08:19   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I am confused if I should go for the carpets...
I have the carpet mats provided by Ford and its a dust magnet and requires almost daily cleaning. Since it's black color, dust is visible immediately. Requires constant maintenance, which is s good thing for you are better of cleaning them regularly, especially if you are allergic to dust. Noodle mats are super convenient, dust gets trapped inside and maintenance is easier.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 10:34   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I have the carpet mats provided by Ford and its a dust magnet and requires almost daily cleaning. Since it's black color, dust is visible immediately. Requires constant maintenance, which is s good thing for you are better of cleaning them regularly, especially if you are allergic to dust. Noodle mats are super convenient, dust gets trapped inside and maintenance is easier.
Thanks| That clears the confusion. I'll go with noodle mats in black colour.
Old 9th January 2018, 18:26   #1674

Came across this interesting post in cartoq.com.
https://www.cartoq.com/video-volkswa...ality-matters/

May be the car in question is not relevant in this post, but below points from the post are to be noted by every new car purchaser:
Quote:
"This deformation is what prevents the force of the impact being transferred to the occupants of the vehicle."

A lot of car makers compromise on the body structures of the car by using lower strength metal, and lighter chassis designs. They do this to reduce the cost of the car (both to manufacture and sell), and to increase fuel efficiency. However, many automakers such as Volkswagen, Skoda, Fiat and Ford are known to build cars in India with strong and stable body structures that can protect passengers during big accidents.

Crash tests by Global NCAP have clearly indicated this. India is yet to get such crash test ratings although the upcoming Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP) is expected to crash test cars and certify them with a ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ rating. It’ll be great if the BNVSAP offers a comprehensive crash test rating such as the one offered by Global NCAP or Euro NCAP (that also indicates the stability/strength of the body structure).
praveennvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 19:56   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the latest price list from Rudra Ford, Mira Road, Mumbai
Whoa!
With the base price bump and all the add-ons the price is off the roof!
I got my Ecosport Titanium+ TDCi in Nov 2016 for a sweet 11.12 lac. from SC Ford, Mumbai

Agreed that the new one got more bells-and-whistles, but this is some premium pricing ~ in excess of 2.23 lac for Titanium TDCi+ in 1.2 yrs!

Note -
3rd & 4th year warranty included.
Insurance purchased by self - HDFC comprehensive for 16,522)
anurag.somani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 20:19   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Whoa!
With the base price bump and all the add-ons the price is off the roof!
I got my Ecosport Titanium+ TDCi in Nov 2016 for a sweet 11.12 lac. from SC Ford, Mumbai

Agreed that the new one got more bells-and-whistles, but this is some premium pricing ~ in excess of 2.23 lac for Titanium TDCi+ in 1.2 yrs!

Note -
3rd & 4th year warranty included.
Insurance purchased by self - HDFC comprehensive for 16,522)
True, but i believe there was significant price increase happened in Jan 2017 when Fly Audio touch screen model was introduced and thereafter it was slowly increased.
When i checked the Bangalore On-road price for Titanium+ TDCi in Mar 2017, it was 13.06 lacs and Platinum Series (which had cruise control, R17 alloys and Auto Headlamps/wipers features) was 13.68 lacs. In April 2017, it was 13.15 lacs and 13.78 lacs respectively.

Later, in Oct 2017 before the New facelift launch, the On-road price was 13.34 lacs for Titanium+ TDCi and November 2017 was 13.47 lacs which is same as outgoing and new facelift prices.

Now we know how the additional 2+ lacs got added slowly !

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 10:34   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
True, but I believe there was significant price increase happened in Jan 2017 when Fly Audio touch screen model was introduced and thereafter it was slowly increased.
I'd call that brilliant strategy from Ford to reduce the shock

Last edited by ampere : 10th January 2018 at 10:42. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 10th January 2018, 11:43   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd call that brilliant strategy from Ford to reduce the shock
It's like how Petrol & Diesel prices are increased in paise everyday but overall its an unnoticeable big hike at end of the day.

-Ravi
Old 10th January 2018, 12:23   #1679
BHPian

I just received the price list for accessories from my dealer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf All New Ecosport Accessories price list.pdf (306.2 KB, 1016 views)
Old 10th January 2018, 16:39   #1680
BHPian

I took out my car in rain today and when I parked my car and touched on the door handle to lock using the capacitive touch it didn't work. I had to manually lock it with my fob. I tried doing it on the passenger door too but it just didn't work. Not sure if this is normal during rains or if this is an issue to report. Anyone faced this in your car?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks