Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2018, 21:09   #1651
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

As posted by several others here, and has been my experience, the dealers will (reluctantly, but surely) lower the price drastically to what you're getting from the market from the same insurance company if you call them out on it. I preferred going with the dealer after they brought the price down from ₹49,000 to ₹31,000, with an eye to the fact that it's always easier to have the dealer handle the insurance formalities than doing them yourself. I'd rather save myself a ton of hassle and time in the future than a thousand bucks upfront.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 23:31   #1652
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
^^

Rudrah - From where did you get the price for Extended warranty in Bangalore. The images posted by others previously is 16366/-, while you seem to have got a quote of 15466/-.

Do note that in the images posted for Karnataka dealers, the Extended warranty says for 3rd & 4th year. Before the hike i believe it was 11k odd and was only for the 3rd year

Insurance - you are better off getting it from outside, rather than paying more to the dealer

Thanks
styx, check the above post by Jatinbindra where he has attached the revised price list of bangalore ford. The figures are not very clear but zooming in almost confirms its 15.x k And yes its the 3rd Year warranty.
Old 6th January 2018, 09:53   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Guys I've few questions while comparing this price list with the Mumbai region price list for Trend+ AT model:

Mumbai:
  1. Ford preferred insurance: 32172 + 9000 (Zero Dep)
  2. Essential Kit (Mud flap, Floor mat, Trunk mat): 6000
  3. Optional 3rd Year Warranty: 12524

Navi Mumbai:
  1. Ford preferred insurance: 39007 + 9209 (Zero Dep)
  2. Essential Kit (Mud flap, Floor mat, Trunk mat): 6000
  3. Optional 3rd Year Warranty: 10024

Bangalore:
  1. Ford preferred insurance: 33xxx + 5425 (Zero Dep)
  2. Essential Kit (Mud flap, Floor mat, Trunk mat): 3350
  3. Optional 3rd Year Warranty: 15466
In the price list shared by @DragonHawk and @JatinBindra, the optional 3rd & 4th year warranty in Bangalore is for 15,466

I received a quote of 12,524 for 3rd year warranty from Kavish Ford in Mumbai

You have received a quote of 10,024 for 3rd year warranty in Navi Mumbai

Ideally, I feel the price of extended warranty should be same in all cities and Kavish Ford seems to be charging a premium and trying to make money.

Insurance price will vary because these prices are shared by dealer as per their connect with insurance companies and the margins that these dealers want to earn. Best thing to do is take a quote from outside and ask dealer to match it.

Essential kit price will again vary because mats are available of different quality. I believe there will be a difference between mats available in the INR 3,350 kit Vs. that available in INR 6,000 kit. You can ask your dealer to show the difference in quality and then decide.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 13:05   #1654

Hi ,

Could someone please share the tentative delivery dates received at the time of booking ?

I booked the Smoke Grey Ford EcoSport Titanium +At in Gurgaon in the second week of December and got a tentative delivery period of feb end to second week of March. Is this in line with what everyone else has got?
I
Old 6th January 2018, 13:20   #1655
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmin View Post
Hi ,

Could someone please share the tentative delivery dates received at the time of booking ?

I

I have booked Titanium Diesel in lightening blue colour and I was given a tentative date of Feb 1st week here in Mangalore Karnataka. Today SA called for confirmation on colour and he was very confident on delivering before Jan 30th.
Old 6th January 2018, 14:24   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Titanium+ MT Diesel does have all the above features.
There seems to be a change in the brochure released at the launch of facelift and the one I downloaded today. New brochure says EBA, ESC, TCS, and HLA are only for AT. Can someone clarify which one is true?

Old brochure

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20180106_141556.jpg

New brochure

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-screenshot_20180106141533149_com.google.android.apps.pdfviewer.png
knightrider_7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 21:36   #1657
BHPian

This is the New Price List from Talera Ford, Pune. A 14K rise on the Titanium Diesel Varient. I was expecting a 20-25K rise. But EOD, if you get a Dec 2017 Car its a good saving upfront.
In future, selling price for a Dec 2017 car compared to a Jan-Feb 2018 is almost the same.

Also, I would suggest that one should spend few hrs visiting the Insurance co. rather than getting the policy online or through a dealer. They will give you a substantial discount over what the dealer offers.
You also have a choice to add on covers like Engine Protector which on my evaluation and past experience is a wise add on. Atleast for a New Car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pricelist_Format New EcoSport 03012018.pdf (162.1 KB, 545 views)

Last edited by Intrepidspy : 6th January 2018 at 21:37.
Intrepidspy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 23:58   #1658
BHPian

Following is the price of extended warranty + RSA for new Ecosport as listed on Ford website.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ew-rsa-ecosport.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 12:02   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Took TD of petrol ecosport yesterday at Elite ford Mahadevpura, Bangalore. Car is amazing. One question I have though. The TD car was Titanium MT petrol with seat height adjustment. If I go for Trend MT or Ambiente, all petrol, there will be no seat height adjustment, what will be the seat height in these models? Will it be midway between highest and lowest of the two positions or will it be the lowest? There were neither trend or ambiente model at showroom to compare nor the SA could answer that.

I am stressed on budget so cannot go for Trend + or Titanium. Also it will be for my wife who is 5'5". Too low seating position will be a big trouble for her.

Any information on this will be great.
Old 7th January 2018, 12:46   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Following is the price of extended warranty + RSA for new Ecosport as listed on Ford website.
This clears some confusion why different rates these dealers quote. It depends on which year and if RSA is included.

Ideally its good for 3rd and 4th Year together especially for AT buyers including the RSA.

Not sure if Dealer will give any discounts for RSA or so.

Ford hasn't yet started to give corporate discounts and exchange offers on the new Ecosport.
rudrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 12:51   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Took TD of petrol ecosport yesterday at Elite ford Mahadevpura, Bangalore. Car is amazing. One question I have though. The TD car was Titanium MT petrol with seat height adjustment. If I go for Trend MT or Ambiente, all petrol, there will be no seat height adjustment, what will be the seat height in these models? Will it be midway between highest and lowest of the two positions or will it be the lowest? There were neither trend or ambiente model at showroom to compare nor the SA could answer that.

I am stressed on budget so cannot go for Trend + or Titanium. Also it will be for my wife who is 5'5". Too low seating position will be a big trouble for her.

Any information on this will be great.
IMO the first base height position of the Driver seat should be the standard height. Check how that height is comfortable for your wife. The Seat heights by default is in high position so should be good in the Trend model.
rudrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 18:31   #1662
BHPian

Hello everyone,
My membership got approved at the right time.

Today I booked Ecosport Titanium+ AT in Lightening Blue from Rudra Ford, Mira Road, Mumbai.

The delivery is promised some time in February.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 20:36   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Hello everyone,
My membership got approved at the right time.

Today I booked Ecosport Titanium+ AT in Lightening Blue from Rudra Ford, Mira Road, Mumbai.

The delivery is promised some time in February.
Congrats on your buy. Can you share the price list which the dealer shared with you?

If you don't have one, for Titanium+ AT which you booked, what is the price your dealer is charging you for the following:

* Ford comprehensive insurance + zero depreciation
* RTO registration charges
* Essential kit
* Optional 3rd year warranty with RSA
* On Road price
Old 7th January 2018, 21:57   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Congrats on your buy. Can you share the price list which the dealer shared with you?

If you don't have one, for Titanium+ AT which you booked, what is the price your dealer is charging you for the following:

* Ford comprehensive insurance + zero depreciation
* RTO registration charges
* Essential kit
* Optional 3rd year warranty with RSA
* On Road price
I'll upload the complete price list tomorrow.

They are charging me
1. 35,000 : Ford assured insurance
2. 1,45,000: RTO charges
3. 6000 : Accessories
4. Will need to check
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 23:11   #1665
BHPian

Looks like ecosport sales are in a bit of bother. Down to 1700 odd in just the second month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks