Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 20:34   #841
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
+1 to that amrutmhatre90

In fact, I would go a bit more conservative in the interest of "COST SAVING", and would have probably increased the size of the MID screen in the middle, and added the chrome strip only to that.

A very shoddy iteration of my thoughts here:

Attachment 1693198
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Just by adding these Chrome inserts would have helped the MID look better, my 2 cents.

Attachment 1693195
Guys, can we do something like that aftermarket, in any way? Suggestions welcome folks!
Old 7th November 2017, 06:59   #842
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I have a question. Sorry for the ignorance. I see all the parts exposed. There is no plastic cover on the engine bay that covers the top elements?
No, there is no engine cover. Wonder whether the engine cover of the Fiesta fits the EcoSport TDCi at least.

It was always a puzzle as to why Ford didn't equip the EcoSport with the engine cover. And now that Ford has added quite a few features which were standard on the Fiesta (say cruise control, auto ORVM, auto wiper - headlights, tweeters, foot well and puddle lights) and much more, wonder why they skimped on it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys, can we do something like that aftermarket, in any way? Suggestions welcome folks!
I would try and source the new instrument cluster from abroad. Should be plug and play.

And there are two small changes which I forgot to point out earlier.
1) The long antenna at the front is now replaced by a small stubby one at the back. It looks good.
2) The windshield washer is not on the bonnet and is concealed now.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 08:11   #843
BHPian

I was speaking to one Ford sales person who said the pricing the variants is a lot easier because of ecoboost being phased off. With captur having a mouth watering entry level pricing Ford may have to resort to introductory pricing to keep the visitors pouring to their showrooms. Personally an under 10 lac sticker price for top spec AT will be fabulous.
Old 7th November 2017, 08:16   #844
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
icing Ford may have to resort to introductory pricing to keep the visitors pouring to their showrooms.
Captur has been priced above Creta, which in itself was always a clear segment above the Ford. The two should not really get affected with respect to prices.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 08:29   #845
BHPian

Does anyone know if the current EcoSport has speed sensitive door locks? The brochure or website does not mention it anywhere but it's a pretty critical feature. I hope it's there on the new one.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 08:58   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Does anyone know if the current EcoSport has speed sensitive door locks? The brochure or website does not mention it anywhere but it's a pretty critical feature. I hope it's there on the new one.
Yes it does, the locks activate once you cross 30KMPH.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 09:09   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
No, there is no engine cover. Wonder whether the engine cover of the Fiesta fits the EcoSport TDCi at least.

It was always a puzzle as to why Ford didn't equip the EcoSport with the engine cover. And now that Ford has added quite a few features which were standard on the Fiesta (say cruise control, auto ORVM, auto wiper - headlights, tweeters, foot well and puddle lights) and much more, wonder why they skimped on it again.

I would try and source the new instrument cluster from abroad. Should be plug and play.
Cleaning the dust would be very difficult then. We have to rely on the service center each time.

I think they still want to play safely in terms of price like they did last time. Unlike last time few have few more vehicles in the band. Not an easy job this time. I still see the have packaged well, much better than the competitors. Let us wait till 9th to see how they price.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 09:21   #848
BHPian

The Ford India website lists 'Auto Head Lamp' as one of the official accesories for the new Ecosport:
https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/accessories/#

Any idea how this will be retrofitted? Will it also include a replacement headlamp switch assembly?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1250x630_0032_autoheadlampsensor.jpg  

Old 7th November 2017, 09:29   #849
BHPian

How is resale of current version faring with impending launch of all new ecosport. From listings do not see any shakeup in resale prices of Ecosport AT.
Old 7th November 2017, 09:35   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
But there's no unlock button or lever on the doors, so how does it work? How do you manually unlock the doors?
Old 7th November 2017, 09:51   #851
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, there is.

When you are at or cross 20 km/hr for a few seconds, the doors are auto-locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Quote:
But there's no unlock button or lever on the doors, so how does it work? How do you manually unlock the doors?
There is a lock/unlock push button right below the ICE console (above the hazard light button).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...m-img_2321.jpg

Once you cross 20 km/hr, the doors lock and the button has the light illuminated signalling that doors are locked.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 09:58   #852
BHPian

Quote:
In the new one its on the doors, driver and passenger, refer to the image below.

Image Credits :- autocarindia
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1_578_872_0_100_httpcdni.autocarindia.comgalleries20171030110640_fordecosportreview16.jpg  

Old 7th November 2017, 10:04   #853
Senior - BHPian

Another newbie question: How does the starter switch based system ensure security? For instance, does the Ecosport start if the key is in the vicinity of the car? In that case, even if the key holder/ owner is in the vicinity of the car, can any third person ( technically) enter the car, start it, and drive away? Or does the key need to be inserted into a slot in the cabin for the start-stop button to work?

Secondly, has anyone been able to check the efficacy of the drivers arm rest? Is it ergonomically placed in the way that allows the driver to rest his hand there and yet be able to operate the gear lever?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 7th November 2017 at 10:05.
Old 7th November 2017, 10:16   #854
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Another newbie question: How does the starter switch based system ensure security? For instance, does the Ecosport start if the key is in the vicinity of the car? In that case, even if the key holder/ owner is in the vicinity of the car, can any third person ( technically) enter the car, start it, and drive away? Or does the key need to be inserted into a slot in the cabin for the start-stop button to work?
I have the 2016 EcoSport AT with Push button Start/Stop.

The car will unlock if the key is until at most 10 ft away from either of the front two doors. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But definitely will not start if say, you're in a restaurant and the car is in the parking lot within visual distance.

However, the car does not start if the key is outside the door. The MID flashes a message saying "Key outside car". There have been occasions where I'm standing right at the door with the key in the pocket and tried to start the car, it didn't.

Once the engine is running and key is taken outside the car, the engine continues to run.
libranof1987 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 10:23   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
However, the car does not start if the key is outside the door. The MID flashes a message saying "Key outside car". There have been occasions where I'm standing right at the door with the key in the pocket and tried to start the car, it didn't.

Once the engine is running and key is taken outside the car, the engine continues to run.
Nice - thanks for the information. So there is a inbuilt security feature which is that the start-stop can actuate only if the key is inside the cabin. Thought as much, but nice to know from a current user of the technology. Being used to the "old school" key driven ignition systems, the new systems are a bit of a novelty for me
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks