Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 21:39   #871
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

I booked the 1.5. Diesel Titanium yesterday by paying ₹30,000/-. I had already paid an advance to book the out going model and then cancelled it later and requested the payment to be held against the booking for the facelift. Now, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the ex-showroom pricing for the variant does not exceed ₹10lakhs. If it does, I am gonna cancel the booking and book the S-CROSS (most probably) only because I don't want to be paying the excess 5% tax with no value addition.

Saw the lightning blue variant at the dealership though it was covered and was supposed to be put on display only tomorrow. The colour is much better than the kinetic blue of the outgoing model. It has a lighter shade and has a bit of sparkle which makes it look rich. Also saw a white titanium variant and was disappointed seeing the 8 spoke alloy. I loved the alloy of the outgoing model. The dark fabric seats on the Titanium looked great and premium and the dash now appears lowered which is good too.

With all issues addressed in the facelift, I can't think of anything other than the EcoSport especially when my first EcoSport served me well and was a gem of a machine. It still stays within the family and is happily munching many miles.

Last edited by Jude300 : 8th November 2017 at 21:41.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 00:20   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

May be this is a question ahead of time. What can be expected in S variant?? I read that this may come only in diesel - do we have more details?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 01:01   #873
Senior - BHPian

D-Day today 9th Nov. Hopefully Ford surprises us pleasantly with great pricing. Fingers crossed!

Of course, for a good product, there can be "little" premium pricing especially with lots of significant updates in this facelift. But competition is high and demanding, so for Ford, EcoSport really has to come back with bang. Will it?
Let's wait for few hours and time will tell.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 08:38   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
In my Hyundai Verna (bought in 2012), the car automatically locks the doors once it hits 20 kilometres per hour. After that, while it is in motion, you can try to wrench open the unlock lever but it will forcefully shut itself. Even if you somehow forced it open and held it in place and then tried opening the door, the lock won’t disengage. The central locking button available to the driver will only unlock the door for a split second before its gets locked again, leaving you no time to open the door in between.
That sounds scary! Especially with flooding etc. too common nowadays in our cities.

I agree Ford's integration is not the best. But that's how they have designed it for all their cars. The lock keeps people from outside entering the car anytime. But a passenger can just yank the lever anytime to open the door. There is no need to pull a secondary switch.

With children, its a different matter altogether. Child seats and locks are a must. What I have done is put the child seat just behind the driver. The need for opening the right side rear door isn't frequent. You are better off getting out from the car on the left side anyways.

So, unless you want to forcibly keep anyone inside the car except for children, this works. Mind you, the car remains locked for people outside. And coming to the 2017 EcoSport, it looks like both front doors now get a separate lock/ unlock button which was a single button on the dash earlier. But it is still electric.

Which brings me to Maruti where I think the locking mechanism works the best. The door auto locks after a certain speed and there is a secondary lever near the pillar inaccessible to kids to lock/ unlock a door apart from the central locking available to the driver. And the doors unlock only when the key is yanked out. It doesn't even when the car is switched off. That's good to have when you need to shut the engine off at a signal but keep the car locked for outsiders.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 09:19   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That sounds scary! Especially with flooding etc. too common nowadays in our cities.
Even in a flood, why would you need to unlock a moving vehicle? You can always unlock the car if you get stranded.
Old 9th November 2017, 09:49   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Even in a flood, why would you need to unlock a moving vehicle? You can always unlock the car if you get stranded.
This is what I meant!

I don't think highly of a system where an electronic lock forcibly keeps the passengers inside the car. We all know water and electric systems don't like each other.

Maruti's integration with a mechanical override gives the best of both worlds.

But compared to the setup you have explained for Verna, I much prefer Ford's system where the door can always be opened by passengers using the lever inside irrespective of whether the car is locked or unlocked.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Is there an option to disable this locking system and just have the simple old manual central locking system?....The type where any passenger can just pull up that small black button and get done with.
With Maruti and Ford' system, you get just that. With Maruti, you need to pull two mechanical levers. And just one lever for Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
edit: yes, I am in a time warp

Last edited by deetjohn : 9th November 2017 at 10:03. Reason: adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 09:52   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
But compared to the setup you have explained for Verna, I much prefer Ford's system where the door can always be opened by passengers using the lever inside irrespective of whether the car is locked or unlocked.
Is there an option to disable this locking system and just have the simple old manual central locking system?

The type where any passenger can just pull up that small black button and get done with. Just too much risk for an emergency situation with electronics where a simple manual option just works well enough.

edit: yes, I am in a time warp
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 10:04   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
May be this is a question ahead of time. What can be expected in S variant?? I read that this may come only in diesel - do we have more details?
Following the footsteps from the S variants of Figo and Aspire, we can expect blackened roof, subtle grey-touch headlamps, blackened inserts on the grille and roof rails, new gun metal alloys, sporty inserts in dashboard and the likes. What still is rumored as additions are sunroof, and updated audio which we have no clue if it would be included or not.

However, the pics shared in the prev. posts on the same thread do sport a sunroof if we look deeper into the roof !
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img20171011wa0035.jpg  

vvijay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 11:06   #879
BHPian

Live webcast of the new Ecosport on Facebook page of Ford India from 1:00 P.M.

https://www.facebook.com/FordIndia

Name:  Ford.png
Views: 8971
Size:  101.8 KB
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 11:11   #880
BHPian

Guys,

Car and Bike is speculating price between 7.2 to 10.5 lacs, with the introductory pricing staying the same. I suspect it may even get lower than that to drive footfalls in to showrooms, which Ford desperately needs.

Let's hope they don't over price it at the top-end as well, staying below 10 lacs would be a chartbuster of an introductory pricing, as prices will definitely go up early next year.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/2017-ford...-india-1772941
Old 9th November 2017, 12:22   #881
BHPian

Some pictures from Ford Ecosport now displayed at Cyber Hub, Gurgaon - that is just below Ford India's corporate HQ by the way.

The last picture is from the launch venue, tweeted by car & bike.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dok3_ipuiaaawvm.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dokhboqvwaahypq.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dok_uxqvaaa0tm4.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dokyyoaw4aacomw.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:36   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

New Ford EcoSport launched in India. Prices unchanged. Starting at Rs 7.31 lakh going all the way to 10.99 lakh, pan-India.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dolqm1gw4aasakj.jpg

OD

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th November 2017 at 13:40.
volkman10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:37   #883
BHPian

Boring event, though I appreciate Ford trying to make the price reveal exciting. Anyways:

Prices start at Rs 7,31,200

Titanium+ AT at Rs 10,99,100 - which would make it Rs 12.5 lac on road. Way more than what I expected.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dolsmovv4aanwh6.jpg  

Last edited by Vish_Janu : 9th November 2017 at 13:47.
Vish_Janu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:38   #884
Senior - BHPian

Prices Remain Unchanged.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-dolqm1gw4aasakj.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:39   #885
BHPian

Price for Titanium+ AT in Bangalore crosses 13.5. That's a bummer.
sngautam is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks