Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2017, 00:37   #811
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Seems like Titanium+AT is high in demand or its production is low.I booked Titanium Petrop MT and my etimated delivery is between 10 th and 15 th November.
harmanjeet14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 00:40   #812
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

The Titanium+ AT variant seems to be the most popular, at least among customers who would stay up till midnight to order the car online. Within less than thirty minutes of the bookings going live on Amazon, the available colours for Titanium+ AT have been reduced to only three choices. The others trims still have the full complement of colour choices available to them.
Old 5th November 2017, 00:42   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
First one to book it! As soon as the clock struck midnight, I had it booked within ten seconds. I had already loaded up ₹10,000 in my Amazon Pay wallet and was ready to go.

Thanks, Amazon and Ford, for setting this up. It’s pretty sweet being one of the first people in the country to book a friggin’ car online.

Estimated delivery is between 16 – 24 November, which is pretty sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Yes, I had already booked through Harpreet Ford few weeks back but I just wanted to be sure to get it first, so I did it on Amazon as well. Hopefully I will be able to get this purchase serviced through them only.

Nonetheless, I'm excited and it seems car deliveries will start on 14th November itself.
Congratulations you guys, I wanted to book too, unfortunately smoke grey isn't there anymore, will go ahead with the dealership booking only.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 00:51   #814
BHPian

Quote:
The Titanium+ AT variant seems to be the most popular, at least among customers who would stay up till midnight to order the car online. Within less than thirty minutes of the bookings going live on Amazon, the available colours for Titanium+ AT have been reduced to only three choices. The others trims still have the full complement of colour choices available to them.
Yep, only diamond white remains now. Other models have full range of colours available.

Hopefully this won't make Ford price the model higher than usual, seeing the enthusiasm for the automatic titanium+.
Old 5th November 2017, 09:32   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Yep, only diamond white remains now. Other models have full range of colours available.

Hopefully this won't make Ford price the model higher than usual, seeing the enthusiasm for the automatic titanium+.
Not surprising. There are 2 possible reasons of this:
1. Ford would have allocated very few units of each color of Titanium+ AT for this sale. Lets say max 10 units of each color for Titanium+ AT variant Or 10 units of white and black each while only 5 units each of other colors like Canyon Ridge, Smoke Gray, Moondust Silver and Race Red. So in all 40 units.

While for for other variants they may have allocated lets say 50 units of each color so about 300 units for other variants each.

2. Ford did not offer Diesel MT in this sale. I believe when it comes to MT, Diesel will be more popular than petrol MT. This is the reason why we still see Petrol MT available for sale on Amazon. Diesel would have got booked in mins.

Following snap shows that one can still book 24 units on Titanium MT White. Let's not forget that White is a very popular color and one would assume that demand for top end MT will be much higher than AT.

Yet, 24 units still available shows that either Petrol MT is not popular and people would have preferred Diesel MT instead or like I mentioned earlier, very units of Titanium+ AT was on offer
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 5th November 2017 at 09:38.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 10:13   #816
BHPian

Correction: Only 123 units are up for grabs in this sale. I have no idea what the distribution is like.
Old 5th November 2017, 10:24   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics from dealer stockyards. Courtesy Saurabh Tripathi & Midhun KG on Facebook.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-12.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-13.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-5.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-6.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-9.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-10.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-11.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-8.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-7.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-4.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 10:24   #818
BHPian

It would have been icing on the cake if Ford had offered a 6 speed MT. 6 speed MT would offer relaxed cruising on the highways! Apart from this you could like everything about what Ford is offering on this face-lift. I can live with that analogue MID!
Old 5th November 2017, 11:41   #819
BHPian

I was and still am an ardent ecosport fan. Was lucky enough to spot the media cars in goa but couldn't follow them to the standard spot most media cars in goa visit due to pressing commitments at that moment.

I had a slight grouse with the older versions front face but now i am totally in love with the new face. The blue color really stands out and the DRL are bright during the day but only when looking straight at them.

I know all of the few negatives and many positives of the old ecosport since my aunt has the ecoboost engine one which sadly has been discontinued. I will be taking a test drive when available but from vidoes/pictures and reviews it seems Ford hasn't addressed the space concerns, even though the ecosport is a wide car. Space management is still fords Achilles heal.

Also was disappointed with the lack of a more powerful diesel and/or automatic option. Ford does offer the 1.5 diesel with the DCT AT in Europe on the focus for a couple of years now. I guess the ecoboost was poor in city traffic due to its lag but it did have a sweet mid range punch, depending on how good the new 1.5dragon is will determine if the ecoboost would really be missed.

Am happy that ford is offering a touch screen (albeit smaller ) on the lower variants, hopefully somebody spots it and posts pictures soon.Paddle shifts are a welcome sign. A sunroof would have pulled in some more crowd but ford would be mindful that the pre-facelift is already the most expensive in its class!(thanks to fords short sighted price increase)

Now for the biggest disappointment, What on earth was ford thinking when it came up with that hideous instrument cluster! Ford could have ditched the low profile 17 inch wheels and offered the USA/brazil cluster over here,infact the sunroof or some other feature(extra airbag) could be added instead of the low profile 17s. Though i must say even the american/brazil one looks bland but its much better then what we get.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2018fordecosport.jpg
USA/brazil

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-tbhp-ecosport.jpg
India

You can make out the subtle difference besides the bigger screen that enhance the looks. Maybe it would look ok at night but still, disappointed.

The make or break of the refreshed ecosport will be its pricing. Fords frequent prices hike shenanigans now put it at an huge disadvantage, its the most expensive in its class even before the facelift!

All in all a good facelift, hope it sells better than before.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 5th November 2017 at 11:59.
Old 5th November 2017, 11:49   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
It would have been icing on the cake if Ford had offered a 6 speed MT. 6 speed MT would offer relaxed cruising on the highways! Apart from this you could like everything about what Ford is offering on this face-lift. I can live with that analogue MID!
6-speed MT is a major miss. Cruise Control should be available on lower versions as well. Bit disappointing when Ford has an opportunity to make inroads into the Brezza territory
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 11:52   #821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Completely agree. This would have taken the Ecosport Diesel from good to great. The engine is quite capable, but seems strained above 120 KPH or so. While doing highway runs, I find the diesel engine is quite relaxed at 100 KPH, the engine spinning around 2300 RPM. It returns decent fuel economy at this speed. All is fine up to about 120 KPH except for increased engine noise, with the engine speed rising to around 2700 rpm at that speed. The fuel economy drops quite a bit a at this speed. Beyond this point, you can feel and hear quite a bit of noise and vibration. Given some of our highways are getting close to world calls these days, this is quite limiting. The sixth gear would allow for a relaxed and economical commute at decent highway speeds. With its tall shape, plenty of presence, rock solid stability at speed and magical steering, the Ecosport is indeed a solid highway cruiser. Plus with its compact shape, short turning radius, it is also a great city car. Should the weather turn ugly, you can rely on its 500 mm water wading capability. If there is one car that comes closest to a multifarious Swiss knife for long distance trips which involve a mix of highway, city, rough road stretches and unpredictable weather, this is it and it would be that much better with a sixth gear.

From the pictures, it appears that the plastic quality on the dash is unchanged from the previous version. This should have been fixed. All black plastic with slightly finer grains (such as what you get on some marutis) would have made it appear less cheap.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 5th November 2017 at 11:54.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 12:16   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks great. Looks like all ATs available on Amazon are gone!

Congratulations to all who have booked it.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-screenshot_20171105121120_01.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 12:40   #823
BHPian

I don't buy that statistic. The sale went live at midnight and some colours of all variants except Titanium+ were available when I checked in the morning. It most definitely did not sell out in two hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Ford would have allocated very few units of each color of Titanium+ AT for this sale.
If Mr. Sorabjee is to be believed, that's not true. Apparently, the maximum bookings were for that variant.

Last edited by aryayush : 5th November 2017 at 12:42.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 13:47   #824
BHPian

I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there an underbody engine guard and if so what is the sort of guard that's available?

2. I saw somewhere that the arm rest is a sliding one. But didn't seem anyone mention that. To the contrary I hear that it's not sliding type. Does anyone know for sure if its available?

3. Broucher mentions 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. But what's that behind the touch screen? Is that a space for woofer or does it really have one?

Last edited by Jude300 : 5th November 2017 at 13:59.
Old 5th November 2017, 14:12   #825
BHPian

Here is the autocar review for the diesel and petrol AT. They should have described the petrol auto experience a bit more.

PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks