Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2017, 15:41   #976
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quick question: Has anyone seen the 6" infotainment system available on lower variants? Is it also a floating one (like the 8" version seen on higher variants), or is it better integrated?

Thanks!
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 15:54   #977
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
5. Diesel variant has a sump guard but the petrol variant doesn't. This was an important thing for me.
If mounting points below the engine bay are common (should be), possible to get one fitted from A.S.S.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Why hasn't ford launched Petrol Trend+(without AT) as a variant, and give an option to the customer for AT. That would have added up another variant into the list making it 11 for the offering. Am i missing something
Trend+ MT would've been my choice too, but I'll now probably stretch to Titanium if I do end up getting an Ecosport.
Old 10th November 2017, 16:04   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
5. Diesel variant has a sump guard but the petrol variant doesn't. This was an important thing for me.
In the pre-face lift , this was available as an accessory and I fitted on my ecosport. It should be now as well. Else you should be able to fit from after market. @Ecosport_rules has fit a metal guard in aftermarket (For his Diesel Ecosport).

Last edited by anumod : 10th November 2017 at 16:08. Reason: Fixing a typo
Old 10th November 2017, 16:19   #979
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
What I can recall is that Ecosport, Aspire and Figo with 1.5L petrol engine saw a price hike as it breached the 1200cc (for petrol) bracket defined by the Government. Hence this might be the reason that Ford hiked the Ecosport AT (Pre-facelift) price.
Your understanding may be correct wrt Petrol but, all along I was only comparing the Diesel so, IMO its not fair on Ford to increase price on Diesel Ecosport.
Old 10th November 2017, 16:25   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore : AT version will take about 10 days to arrive at the dealerships. TD's will have to wait till then. Petrol was available today, but Diesel should be there by tomorrow.
Old 10th November 2017, 16:52   #981
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Ford is either charging a premium of Rs.10,000/- on the Petrol Titanium+ AT variant or the Petrol Trend+ AT variant is subsidized by Rs.10,000/-. Take your pick

(The price diff of Trend/Titanium variants of Petrol & diesel have been extrapolated to find the price of the missing Petrol MT variants)
Good thing you picked up there, instead it should have been the other way round, given the more equipment in the AT Trend+ i.e. the TCS+ Hill start and the fancy electronics.
Old 10th November 2017, 17:09   #982
BHPian

While I agree that Ford could have priced the Titanium+ AT lesser by about 40K - 50K, there is one fact that is grossly overlooked.

The fact is Ecosport petrol variant comes with a 1497cc engine which loses the excise benefits that sub 4 meter cars are entitled to. Despite this Ford had priced the outgoing Titanium AT with 6 airbags, ABS with EBD and a host of other safety features under 10 lacs Ex showroom @ 9.99 Lacs.

What we need to understand is this face lift has brought in lots of equipment with a fresh face and interior design. So the Titanium+ AT @ 10.99 is justified IMO. Since there is no AT option with the set of features offered I think we can cut Ford some slack and they can price it at a premium until someone offers an equivalent product with similar features.

Consider this,

The next full blown petrol AT that one can buy is the City ZX CVT @ 13.56 or the Verna SX(O) AT 12.49 and both offer only Sunroof as a tangible addition while losing few critical safety features (both lose ESP, TC, BA & HLA). Both are expensive by 2.57 lacs and 1.50 lacs respectively and the final OTR difference will be higher by ~30K.

Creta AT in not available in SX(O) & Duster CVT isn't available in RXZ variant (at least Duster CVT gets ESP, BA & HLA). Creta SX+ AT is priced @ 12.98.

Duster RXS CVT costs 10.14 but it loses out on convenience features like Cruise control, Height adjustable driver seat, Electrically foldable ORVM etc. Also the Dragon series in Ecosport produces 123 PS/150NM against the H4K's 106PS/143NM. So one gets a lot more in Ecosport for the additional cost. The only grouse must be the missing cylinder but thus far reviews have favored the new petrol engine.

* All prices are Ex Delhi

In the automobile industry, price of a product is not determined by how much the product is worth but by how much the market is willing to pay.

We have had lots of apprehension during new launches when manufacturers didn't launch the AT in the top variant but when someone does we crib on the higher price tag. We are a very unpredictable/demanding market, aren't we?

No wonder India is a very tough automobile market to crack...

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 10th November 2017 at 17:21.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 21:37   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

Creta AT in not available in SX(O) & Duster CVT isn't available in RXZ variant (at least Duster CVT gets ESP, BA & HLA). Creta SX+ AT is priced @ 12.98.
Definitely Creta AT also comes into comparison now as ecosport OTR price is just short of 14 lacs. As my top priority is safety options EcoSport definitely scores higher. Another thing of significance is to know

How does the ride comfort compares between EcoSport and Creta?
1. In which one does rear passengers get thrown here and there on a ghatt section more?
2. Which one would filter the vibrations from bad roads, rumble strips etc better?

Anyone have first hand experience in this comparison?

Last edited by bijubalan : 10th November 2017 at 21:44.
Old 10th November 2017, 22:04   #984
BHPian

I was told that the test drive vehicles will be arriving this weekend in Chennai and they scheduled test drive for me on Monday.
Old 10th November 2017, 23:37   #985
BHPian

Test drive and Chennai cost: The 2017 Ford EcoSport

Had a test drive of the top end Titanium+ 2017 Ford EcoSport Petrol AT (Automatic Transmission) at 'Chennai Ford', Arumbakkam, Chennai.

Paddle shifters are convenient, compared to the gear stalk mounted shifters. Bit of a body shudder during start, and while shifting from Neutral to Drive. Driver seat is a little more accomodative. Turn indicator stalk is on the right side. Boot opening button has moved inside the handle, from the surface. Touch screen and reverse camera are awesome. Plenty of new gadgetry compared to our 2013 EcoSport AT. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

Here is the on-road price list of the outgoing and the 2017 EcoSport. The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171110_225143.jpg

Here is the 'Race Red' display car in daylight (Had shared night pics yesterday). The red looks different from what is seen in this photo and in Ford's printed brochure. We liked the 'Race Red' colour. The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-20171110_232901.jpg

Sales person said available stocks should be ready for delivery in a week or two, pending 'RTO clearance' etc, while orders for unavailable colours might take around 45 days to deliver.

Debating between exchanging our 2013 Ford Ecosport AT with the Ford 2017 EcoSport AT or the Hyundai Creta Petrol AT. Had a test drive of the Hyundai Creta Petrol AT and Diesel AT couple of days ago. Any suggestions and advice?
Murugan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 00:30   #986
BHPian

Attached is the price list from Talera Ford, Pune.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pune_PriceList_TaleraFord.pdf (163.7 KB, 905 views)
manish_symc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 07:31   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea if the arm rest in the new Ecopsort can be retrofitted on the older AT variant cars? Ford had unceremoniously omitted the front arm rest from the 2017 Ecosport AT models.
Old 11th November 2017, 07:52   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Anyone have first hand experience in this comparison?
A small comparison here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...esel-sx-o.html
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 08:48   #989

Does anyone has the new Ecosport accessory price list?
Old 11th November 2017, 09:14   #990
BHPian

Re: Test drive and Chennai cost: The 2017 Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Debating between exchanging our 2013 Ford Ecosport AT with the Ford 2017 EcoSport AT or the Hyundai Creta Petrol AT. Had a test drive of the Hyundai Creta Petrol AT and Diesel AT couple of days ago. Any suggestions and advice?
Are you satisfied with the interior space on offer in your existing car? If yes, go for the new EcoSport, because the Creta stands nowhere in comparison to it on any of the other aspects that matter.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks