Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2017, 13:27   #1276
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Wonder what it would cost to adopt the new ecosport front into the pre facelist one. And of course how feasible this would be considering new headlights might have a different electrical socket due to DLR etc.

Someone did this for his Aria completely giving it the Hexa look, the ecosport has lesser exterior changes.
Old 26th November 2017, 13:41   #1277
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Wonder what it would cost to adopt the new ecosport front into the pre facelist one.
The change could be easier as said as most of the change can be managed by changing the bumper setup. As you have mentioned, the headlights could be an issue. Also the alignment of the hood is a bit different from the old one. That could be a bit tricky.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 17:46   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
By the way, I felt comparing Ecosport with Hexa is not right! Two different segments and use cases all together!
I don't think there is anything wrong in comparing . The comparison is not just for the sake of comparison. Any buyer will have certain budget in mind and actually anything below will enter his/her list for comparison. For me it was 18 lacs. I could even have had some sedans also in my list, but a requirement to have a utility vehicle made the list shorter. The next was to have an automatic so few more got knocked off. The final bout is between Hexa XMA and Ecosport Ti+. So obviously I need to compare.

This post will give more details about my comparo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Now shortlisting the top 2 it is Hexa XMA and Ecosport Ti+. The other cars considered are also great, only thing as per my priority they din't score.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
If your question is if the engine is capable of being BS VI compliant, it is a different question.
Yes, my question was on the assumption that as both are new engines, either manufacturers would have already considered compliance to BS VI as soon as that is enforced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Companies like VW group, Mercedes Honda, and even ford are using many of the same engines which have actually been downgraded to run on BS4 fuel, because that is the real problem until BS6 comes.
That was an interesting viewpoint . Did not think that way. On a lighter note it was fun thinking of VW struggling hard to downgrade their dieselgate engines to BS IV
bijubalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 22:44   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
Also while pressing the clutch I had a problem of my shoe tip touching the tube passing in the footwall behind. That was a bit irritating, the SA said that it isn't a problem and maybe is a one off issue,I was not convinced, did anybody else have a similar problem?
Yes you are right, I felt the same while taking the test drive for the petrol MT today. I had adjusted my seat, but still noticed that my shoe was getting stuck while pressing the clutch pedal hard. When I enquired, they asked me to adjust my seat further and push it back a little bit.
I am 6"2 and so with long legs had faced this issue.
Another issue that I faced was while accessing the drivers seat. My legs were getting stuck with the underside of the steering wheel column.
The tilt and telescopic steering wheel column adjustment did not come to my aid either.
jatinbindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 00:40   #1280
BHPian

I did manage to test drive petrol Mt and came out very disappointed after having read such good reviews. Today was a busy day when I managed back to back test drives of S Cross , EcoSport and Nexon and it was Nexon which turned out to be the best package followed by S cross. I've still to take a proper drive of EcoSport AT which will clear things out. Afterall the dragon was anything but exciting. Nexon trumps others with useful features but diesel could be a bit more refined.

Last edited by hondacity : 27th November 2017 at 00:42.
hondacity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 09:29   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
My legs were getting stuck with the underside of the steering wheel column.
The tilt and telescopic steering wheel column adjustment did not come to my aid either.
I am 5"6 and I still faced the issue of the foot getting stuck while using the clutch. Another colleague who took the test drive with me complained of the same issue.
Seat adjustments didn't help in this issue.
Did you try the height adjustment of the seat?
Old 27th November 2017, 09:45   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Seat adjustments didn't help in this issue.
Did you try the height adjustment of the seat?
Yes I did try the height adjustment. Was not of much help either.
Height adjustment works till a certain limit after which you cannot increase it further.
However it does help with the overall front visibility and you can clearly see the road in-front (more so if you place your seat in an upright position rather than inclined), but the issue that you and me faced with our left foot getting stuck on the clutch won't be addressed.
Because, I was feeling uncomfortable, I did not take a long test drive with the petrol MT and quickly switched over to the Titanium+ Automatic, where the drive was much more relaxed and pleasing.
Old 27th November 2017, 11:28   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
the issue that you and me faced with our left foot getting stuck on the clutch won't be addressed.
Because, I was feeling uncomfortable, I did not take a long test drive with the petrol MT and quickly switched over to the Titanium+ Automatic, where the drive was much more relaxed and pleasing.
I wonder if this issue is only with the petrol model alone, I didn't test drive the diesel model.
I am surprised that this is not noticed in any review yet, while I was driving it was a constant source of irritation. I thought that maybe I was not positioning my foot right, so I stopped the car, opened the door and peaked while operating the clutch alone. In retrospect I should have taken a picture of this.
Hopefully any of the experts can shed some light on it.
Did you test drive the diesel? Did it have a similar problem?
Old 27th November 2017, 11:46   #1284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I took a test drive of the EcoSport titanium petrol MT yesterday.
Also while pressing the clutch I had a problem of my shoe tip touching the tube passing in the footwall behind. That was a bit irritating, the SA said that it isn't a problem and maybe is a one off issue,I was not convinced, did anybody else have a similar problem?
Quote:
Yes you are right, I felt the same while taking the test drive for the petrol MT today. I had adjusted my seat, but still noticed that my shoe was getting stuck while pressing the clutch pedal hard. When I enquired, they asked me to adjust my seat further and push it back a little bit.
Another issue that I faced was while accessing the drivers seat. My legs were getting stuck with the underside of the steering wheel column.
This problem was always there in the Ecosport. But it took me exactly 3 days to adjust my seating position and the way i use the pedals. Haven't faced it after that in 4 years of ownership of my Ecosport.

Larger feet especially tall people will have their tip of the shoe brush against the steering rod and the left of the shoe will get stuck with the dead pedal.

Once you get used to the new positions, you will never have this issue again. It's just a matter of getting used to it. when you move from your familiar car to a new one which doesn't have similar ergonomics, this issue happens.

Also, seating position is lowest setting and bit back which helps alleviate this as well.

Last edited by SDP : 27th November 2017 at 14:59. Reason: Minor typo :)
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 12:38   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Once u get used to the new positions, you will never have this issue again. It's just a matter of getting used to it. when you move from your familiar car to a new one which doesn't have similar ergonomics, this issue happens.

Also, seating position is lowest setting and bit back which helps alleviate this as well.

I agree that it will take some time getting used to the ergonomics to find and fix a suitable driving position for yourself. In my case, since I have already booked my EcoSport, I plan to go to the showroom every weekend (till my car is delivered) and take regular test drives to get myself accustomed to it. Also I am not so worried about my shoe getting stuck with the clutch pedal anymore as I have booked an automatic.

I am planning to try different seating positions including different ride heights, different seat incline positions and playing around with other comfort features which I might have missed while taking the first TD.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2017 at 12:52.
jatinbindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 13:49   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Also I am not so worried about my shoe getting stuck with the clutch pedal anymore as I have booked an automatic.
hey Jatinbindra, Congratulations on the booking, how much waiting have they quoted. ? also what colour have you booked ?
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 14:18   #1287
BHPian

OK so managed to test drive the Dragon automatic. Pleasant surprise from the earlier MT drive as the auto is brilliantly tuned for city drives with controlled nvh. Sports mode was OK but D mode does the job as designed. Fuel economy showed a mere 7.5 kmpl.
Old 27th November 2017, 14:41   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
hey Jatinbindra, Congratulations on the booking, how much waiting have they quoted. ? also what colour have you booked ?
Thanks buddy.
As I was very particular about getting a 2018 model only, they have given me a delivery date of Feb end.
I was getting a delivery date in Dec end if I would have taken a 2017 manufactured car.

Regarding the color choice, I have gone for Canyon Ridge. My mind was split between Lightning Blue and Canyon Ridge, but then I saw that everyone is taking the former, so I thought of choosing the color which is a stand out from the crowd kind of color.

Also the SA told me that all dealerships have this slot system wherein, till a particular amount of bookings are done, that slot (delivery date) remains open.
Once the cumulative number of slots across different branches for the same dealer reaches that number, then that slot is over and a new slot or delivery date is assigned when the cars can get delivered from the manufacturing plant.
Considering that I wanted a 2018 manufactured model only, they gave a date of Feb end, the manufacturing for which would happen sometime in Jan,2018.
jatinbindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 14:41   #1289
BHPian

Quote:

I agree that it will take some time getting used to the ergonomics to find and fix a suitable driving position for yourself. In my case, since I have already booked my EcoSport, I plan to go to the showroom every weekend (till my car is delivered) and take regular test drives to get myself accustomed to it. Also I am not so worried about my shoe getting stuck with the clutch pedal anymore as I have booked an automatic.

I am planning to try different seating positions including different ride heights, different seat incline positions and playing around with other comfort features which I might have missed while taking the first TD.
Congrats! You won't have to bother about the clutch at all!
Have you opted for any accessories?
When have they given the delivery date of the vehicle?
Old 27th November 2017, 15:20   #1290
BHPian

I got my ecosport (T+ Diesel) insurance from HDFC ergo through coverfox in 28,500/- includes
- Zero Dep
- Return of Invoice
- Cost of consumables.
manish_symc is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks