Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 21:04   #361
BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
3. There seemed to be more luggage space and last row seats were more upright. Which means that either they have multiple back rest angle or they were left in such a way.
Earlier in this thread someone has mentioned it has 3rd row has recline angle adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Personally i love the compact dimensions of this car. If only it came with all the bells and whistles. Touch screen, Climate control, Cruise control, 6 airbags and a sun roof thrown in. Not likely though !!
Based on the pictures shared, Touch screen - Yes, Climate control - Yes, Cruise control - No, 6 airbags and a sun roof - you are day dreaming!
Old 14th November 2018, 21:07   #362
BHPian

Anyone having any update on CNG version. Hope they do not end up selling only the old model with CNG fitment and rather introduce it on new model just like santro did which makes a lot of sense here in delhi with those lovely skylines that are never visible - courtesy pollution.

A compilation of all teasers before launch

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2018 at 22:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 14th November 2018, 22:25   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
My SA who called us in the morning to get the booking said it is 4 speed one, similar as the Ciaz. First batch of guys have returned from training, the second one are expected to go out it seems.
Do you know some more details on top variant? Noticed you have made a booking. How many no of air bags in top variant? availability of ESP? Cruise Control? Ciaz like seats?
Old 14th November 2018, 23:20   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Super fast for them to copy my pics from team-bhp. Should have watermarked then before uploading

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th November 2018 at 15:49. Reason: quote tag fixed
Old 14th November 2018, 23:20   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Got these as a whatsapp forward:

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-1.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-2.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-3.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-4.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-5.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-6.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-7.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-8.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-9.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-10.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-11.jpg

PS: Looks lovely in this Sangaria Red shade.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th November 2018 at 08:18. Reason: Adding watermarks
Leoshashi is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 23:24   #366
BHPian

They removed the box from base to liberate more luggage space. Earlier model had a box there. I used to remove it when I went on long journey. With box removed you can place 3 cabin luggage bags there. So in theory the luggage space is more now.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th November 2018 at 08:03. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Old 14th November 2018, 23:34   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
They removed the box from base to liberate more luggage space. Earlier model had a box there. I used to remove it when I went on long journey. With box removed you can place 3 cabin luggage bags there. So in theory the luggage space is more now.
That was a useful storage space and they could have kept it.
It was useful to store extra lights and other stuff, but I guess they had to do something new to the interior's.
Owner's will have to find a way to lock the warning triangle else it would be all over the place.

Last edited by francis_vaz : 14th November 2018 at 23:39.
Old 15th November 2018, 01:20   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Do you know some more details on top variant? Noticed you have made a booking. How many no of air bags in top variant? availability of ESP? Cruise Control? Ciaz like seats?
I have booked a ZXI AGS. As per the SA, follow features are available.
Power Steering, Power Windows, Music System, Steering Mounted Controls, AirBags, Alloy Wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electronic adjustable windows, Button Push Start, Defogger and Rear wiper.

I know the details are quite sketchy , hopefully brochure will be out in the next couple of days.
Patro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 02:51   #369
Senior - BHPian

That grey plastic in the upper dashboard and those projections on the rear tail lamps on the D-pillar look horrible IMHO. Any idea on how spacious (wide) the rear seat will be? That might be a deal-winner for a few. Anyway, just another Maruti with the usual strengths- nice spacious car, frugal engines, good reliability and backed by a good service network. Interested to see how they price it considering the Marazzo is now in the market.

Also, I'm don't understand why Suzuki can't source a better AT box for the Ciaz and the Ertiga. The current 4-speed unit gets the job done- don't they have any 5-speed box/CVT for handling more torque in their international line-up? A well-priced petrol AT MPV in India will sell in pretty big numbers.
Old 15th November 2018, 02:52   #370
BHPian

Will this Ertiga come with the new 1.5 diesel engine or the older 1.3 ddis multijet?
Old 15th November 2018, 02:56   #371
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Will this Ertiga come with the new 1.5 diesel engine or the older 1.3 ddis multijet?
It will retain the 1.3 ddis with 90hp and SVHS.

On another note, the car looks balanced except for the rear, it just seems too tall and somehow not as elegant as the old car. Tail lights are finally bigger now it looks too big for the size of the car.
Dont know about others, but to me the rear looks to be heavily inspired from the latest CRV
Old 15th November 2018, 03:05   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
It will retain the 1.3 ddis with 90hp and SVHS.

On another note, the car looks balanced except for the rear, it just seems too tall and somehow not as elegant as the old car. Tail lights are finally bigger now it looks too big for the size of the car.
Dont know about others, but to me the rear looks to be heavily inspired from the latest CRV
It definitely resembles the new CRV and even the BRV from some angles. The car has grown from the previous gen and now looks like it belongs to half a segment higher. I believe it will compete with the BRV and marazzo now rather then in the sub 10 L space as it does currently. Suzuki is taking pretty long to get the new diesel 1.5 to the market. It's better to use a tried and tested motor (though it might feel underpowered with a full load) then getting a half baked product in the market (like the Celerio diesel). I believe the petrol MT and petrol AT variants will take away whatever little volumes the BRV generates and the diesel will make it really touch for the marazzo to establish in the market. In short Maruti has another winner on its hands and this should help Maruti sell more cars in the 10-15L bracket.
Old 15th November 2018, 04:47   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
In short Maruti has another winner on its hands and this should help Maruti sell more cars in the 10-15L bracket.
I won't call it a winner until MS plonks atleast a 1.5 in it. A 1.3 (essentially a 1.25) carrying 7 people and their luggage (on some occasions) seems stressed to say the least.

I believe people movers should have bigger engines with better low end torques!
Imagine being on 2 lane state highway where you have to overtake every 2-5 minutes, such a dangerous situation it can be if you are not in the right gear or in the rev band. The engine has to be always kept on the boil.
Old 15th November 2018, 07:05   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
I won't call it a winner until MS plonks atleast a 1.5 in it. A 1.3 (essentially a 1.25) carrying 7 people and their luggage (on some occasions) seems stressed to say the least.

I believe people movers should have bigger engines with better low end torques!

Imagine being on 2 lane state highway where you have to overtake every 2-5 minutes, such a dangerous situation it can be if you are not in the right gear or in the rev band. The engine has to be always kept on the boil.

In my view, people who buy the Ertiga use it primarily as a 5 seater, and only occasionally would they load the car with 7 people and luggage. Not saying Suzuki should not have gone for better engines, but the earlier engines found no complaints from the folks who bought it and that would not change now.

From whatever I see in and around Bangalore, the Ertiga is bought by families who use it like a normal car, probably they buy it because they have joint families or have folks frequently visiting. This means may be just 2-3 people use the car most of the time and they just want the car to have 7 seats when they have folks around. And fleet operators usually do not use the Ertiga as a true 7 seater unless customers really ask for it. For Taxi folks, if its 7 seats then its an Innova and nothing else.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 07:14   #375
BHPian

Few facts of the facelifted Ertiga:
  • Official website is live now
  • Will be sold through Suzuki Arena, unlike some speculations of it being moved to Nexa
  • Booking amount Rs. 11000/- and launch on 21st November
  • Engine options are the new K15 1.5L petrol (debuted in Ciaz) and the tried and tested 1.3L DDiS 200. This time both engines come with SHVS (Suzuki's pseudo hybrid system)
  • Petrol comes with manual and optional AT (only in Vxi and Zxi trim), diesel only available in manual. So AT misses out on projector headlamps and Smartplay touchscreen ICE
  • AT is conventional AT, not AMT
  • Is based on 5th Generation Heartect platform
  • Website only mentions projector headlamps, so probably they are only halogen projectors without DRL, unlike recent launches like Swift/Dzire/Ciaz etc. which have LED projectors with DRL. Tail lamps are LED though. Maybe this cost cutting indicates an agressive pricing or the Zxi+/Zdi+ will have a premium pricing itself, LED projectors would have shot the price to an even more shocking level. Same with the alloys, while all new launches get diamond cut alloys, Ertiga is getting normal alloys even in the top trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
PS: Looks lovely in this Sangaria Red shade.
That colour is actually a new colour called Pearl Metallic Auburn Red
Name:  Variants.png
Views: 3295
Size:  6.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Earlier in this thread someone has mentioned it has 3rd row has recline angle adjustment.
Yes it's official, 3rd row indeed has recline option.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Ertiga, now launched at Rs 7.44 lakhs-ertiga-recline.jpg
Debajyoti is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks