Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 13:20   #1906
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
No, probaly just the angle at which the picture has been shot.
+1. It is called Parallax Error in technical terms
speedguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:29   #1907
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Look what a good-looking car can do to us buyers. Last year it was the Compass. A great looking car made us overlook the disaster called Fiat.

Not very long we were cursing the Tata Aria. Who knew that a decade later we would be going gaga over something similarly priced. Look at the resale prices of the Aria. Five year old Arias sells for less than 5L. Are we even sure the Harrier won't go down the same path?

Harrier is not just good-looking, it looks fantastic. Even better than the Compass from some angles. And if not for the missing third row, one should have no doubt picking this one instead of the XUV. The XUV is old, and even after all these years it still looks like an unfinished product.

I wish Tata all the best. The Harrier definitely deserves to be a winner.
The Aria was a dud because of atrocious QC by Tata. Many cases of something or the other failing, dual mass flywheel was a big reason of engine problems, hence it was rightly percieved by the market as unreliable. Forget the Harrier, check out Hexa release values. Two year old examples (first batch), are not selling below 15 lakhs. The car is holding its value in resale.
If the Harrier is as reliable as the Hexa, it will hold its value well
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:31   #1908
BHPian

So, since yesterday after the massive "leak" of all the nice, shiny pictures etc. followed by Tata updating all the leaked info on their website, I do not recall seeing a single message on this board from anyone saying they would buy the Harrier in its current form. I understand part of the reason is because the price has not been declared yet, even though there is an indicative range from the company itself of 16-21 Lakh.

Even if Team BHP represents a niche set of enthusiasts, I would expect it to be mildly representative of the general population. If that is so, then is it fair to say the manual doesn't have that big a market?

I don't know how to start a poll here, but can someone who knows please start one :

1. I will buy the manual Harrier irrespective of the pricing
2. I will buy the manual Harrier if it comes within my budget
3. I will NOT buy the manual and will wait for the AT
4. I will not buy the Tata Harrier at all.

Thanks!
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:37   #1909
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

With all the noise about no AT and AWD, it would be nice if there could be some visibility into the sales of other marques, specifically the AT + AWD variants, in order to get a better numbers driven insight into the actual sales mix ratios.
What’s nice is that the Harrier makes no bones about being a 5 seater and hasn’t stinted when it comes to quality.
If the consumer can break the mindset about Tata then this is surely a worthy and deserving product.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:40   #1910
Distinguished - BHPian

If ACI can break the embargo, so can Overdrive,

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-3.jpg

Showing off the Puddle lamps,

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-5.jpg

Tata Harrier Digital Driver Display review -ZigWheels,

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th December 2018 at 14:01.
volkman10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:45   #1911
BHPian

While I am not in the market for a new vehicle, the singular element which is make or break for me nowadays is presence of an AT. While AWD is much appreciated, I still do not believe 90% of population does any justice to the feature on what is essentially an urban SUV. However, lack of AT represents a mindset which I have started abhorring amongst car makers as it just shows a lack of appreciation of what it is like to drive in cities nowdays and which features have evolved from discretionary to must-have. Either TM is too lazy to bother responding to changing market preference or have not done enough MR to figure that the consumers are actually willing to pay without being scared out of their wits on perceived price.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:45   #1912
BHPian

I had booked Harrier on the first day of booking opening. At that time, I wished 4x4 and automatic. However, both are missing in Harrier. Other option now is XUV 500, but its build and ride quality seem not upto the mark and I don't want to spend that much amount and not get my money worth later.

I need a car for long drives, which can handle mild rough terrains like Ladakh and Spiti. I see Hexa AT as good option, but its a really big car, and quite a lot for me and my wife right now. Nexon AMT is also an option. But, I am not sure how it compares with Hexa in terms of ride quality and handling of rough terrains. Very confused now!
Old 4th December 2018, 13:50   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Overall though, my mind is made up, but looks like I will have to wait before they launch the following non-negotiable items for me:
1. AT
2. Red color
3. Sunroof
Same criteria for me as well. Was actually hoping to get the Compass Limited plus with the sunroof and other goodies. Thought I'd wait for the Harrier to be launched. Really nicely loaded car but AT & Sunroof are something I would want in my next car. No compromise.
Tata hope you are listening and please launch the same soon. Overall a brilliant car !
deepjaju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:54   #1914
Senior - BHPian

"Disc Brakes on all four corners". Really? Which version is he driving? Was there a separate car provided to OD?
What I know is that the Harrier has Discs up front and drum at the back. They can break the embargo but not specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
If ACI can break the embargo, so can Overdrive,

Last edited by Sebring : 4th December 2018 at 13:57.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 14:25   #1915
BHPian

Noticed some imperfections. Hopefully these are restricted to the demo units and will be fixed in the production version. Looks great overall!

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier_roughedges_01.png

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier_roughedges_02.png
spindoc is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 14:25   #1916
BHPian

It's surprising that they are launching the car without an autobox, something I think they can ill afford to do at a time when they are trying to rebuild both, sales and the brand itself.

In my opinion, they should go all out and offer not just what the best in the segment (Compass) is offering but exceed that and offer something beyond. Why isn't there a panoramic sunroof on offer? They can't adopt the old school model of using these features to launch 'All-New' models. Not if you've built all the hype in the world.

It's absurd to see a brand new 16L+ car in 2019 with just two airbags, no Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Hill Hold Control, Hill Descent Control, Roll Over Mitigation, Corner Stability Control, Electronic Traction Control, and ISOFIX child safety seat anchors which are only available on the top model. Get rid of the logo projection and add ESP.

As informed and active consumers, we should demand more from our automakers. For too long, we've seen the short end of the stick.

Last edited by ajmat : 4th December 2018 at 15:33. Reason: minor typo
aaychat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 14:30   #1917
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Why is the speedo needle not a zero but below it ?

Is it a calibration issue ?

Attachment 1824800
Parallax error. The image is taken from the left angling making it look like that.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 14:44   #1918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have a 416 litre boot in my Yeti when the rear seats are up. I find this perfectly adequate for 2 persons and luggage.
The Harrier will have a significantly larger boot than the Yeti. The Yeti, while it claimed 416L of bootspace, actually had a bootspace of not more than 310L as the spare wheel space is taken from the boot space. In the case of the Harrier the spare wheel is on the underside and not inside the boot so the capacity of 425L should be fully usable. Manufacturers don't follow a standard practice in this regards and are misrepresenting boot space numbers!

Last edited by Behemoth : 4th December 2018 at 14:49.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 14:53   #1919
BHPian

This looks like a well put package from Tata. I really like the way their product portfolio has evolved. From the looks of it, they have certainly got a winner in this one.

It is going to find a lot of takers due to its design language. If you are not looking for that additional 2 seats at the rear, I guess this has the potential to beat the competition.

Also, from the overall dimensions, I feel that this will have more road presence than the Creta or the Compass.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 15:02   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaychat View Post
It's absurd to see a brand new 16L+ car in 2019 with just two airbags, no Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Hill Hold Control, Hill Descent Control, Roll Over Mitigation, Corner Stability Control, Electronic Traction Control, and ISOFIX child safety seat anchors which are only available on the top model. Get rid of the logo projection and add ESP.

As informed and active consumers, we should demand more from our automakers. For too long, we've seen the short end of the stick.
Just adding to that, I just happened to compare the features on offer b/w the Harrier and the Nexon. I am finding very little differentiation b/w the two. The Nexon top end retails at 9 lakh odd (with AMT), whereas, the top end Harrier is proposed to be priced at 21 Lakh odd (without an AT option, without option for dual color exteriors etc). Feature wise, the Nexon by and large has everything that the Harrier has and then some more. Notably, the Nexon reads your WhatsApp messages and lets you reply to them too, on the move, while the Harrier only supports this feature on SMS messages, from what I've read. Also, the Nexon has a sliding front arm rest that adjusts to the driver's needs, whereas the Harrier one is static and placed quite oddly, seemingly far behind the driver's left elbow.

Given all this, is Tata expecting the consumer to plonk 10 Lakhs extra just for the pedigree? Is the pedigree worth 10 Lakhs?

Last edited by rovingeye : 4th December 2018 at 15:22.
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks